• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

How To Make Hojo Even More Evil In the Remake

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
Since Hojo was such a scumbag in the original game, what do you think they could do to make him even worse in the remakes. In the Compilation, a lot of bad stuff that happens to people can be traced to his actions. And seeing how remakes like to ramp up the evil in a main villain, I wonder what atrocities can they add to Hojo's resume.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
*Sarcastically*Do a Xehanort's plan in the KH franchise and make clones of himself?

Personally, the old guy's evil enough as it is. You can't make him anymore evil if he's willing to destroy the Planet by ways in helping Sephiroth.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I think if the writers tried to make Hojo more despicable than he already is it would just be overkill on his character. I think the remake will do just fine in breathing new life into Hojo and remind us of why we despised him in the first place.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Oh man like okay so Reno's about to push the button to drop Sector 7 and then he's like noooo wait I can't do this its against my Turks honour and then Hojo shows up in a helicopter with a syringe and he sticks Reno with it and Reno is like ohhh no what and he pushes the button and Hojo cackles and says "You haven't seen the last of me Cloud!" and his helicopter flies away.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Oh man like okay so Reno's about to push the button to drop Sector 7 and then he's like noooo wait I can't do this its against my Turks honour and then Hojo shows up in a helicopter with a syringe and he sticks Reno with it and Reno is like ohhh no what and he pushes the button and Hojo cackles and says "You haven't seen the last of me Cloud!" and his helicopter flies away.

Don't mean to sound mean to you about this, but why would Hojo go with the Turks on that mission in Sector 7 and syringe Reno? Besides, Reno's a Turk, and despite that, yes he felt terrible for doing it, he had no choice.

Besides, how the hell would Hojo know that Cloud was alive before meeting him in the ShinRa building and Costa Del Sol in the in the first place? Besides that, he'd be too focused on meeting with the President in experimenting on both Aerith and Nanaki.(It still disgusts me on that jerk's attempts to breed both of them, considering how Aerith's a Cetra-Humans with magical gifts, while Nanaki's an...well....whatever the hell he is.)

Plus, Tseng wouldn't allow his Turks to be targeted by Hojo anyway, not after what happened to Veld and the BC Turks, and, though not even Tseng knew at the time, to Vincent.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Mankini^

Hojo is plenty evil. In the remake I'd actually like to see him be more than a 2 dimensional mad scientist.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
If you think hard about it, Hojo is one messed up person. Lets not even talk about everything with Vincent and Lucretia.

Killed Professor Gast, then has Aerith's mom and baby Aerith tracked down and the mom ends up dying. Preformed experiments and hints at breeding Aerith treating her like a tool. Almost held a survival of the fittest in that pod, but thankfully it was Red XIII and not some other animal.

Experiment on his own son, turning him into a super solider and creates the SOLDIER program but also turns people into monster due to excessive Mako poisoning.

Nibelheim Incident survivors - EXPERIMENTS! (Cloud and Zack specifically)
Himself - EXPERIMENT!
Edit- Oh Also all of Deepground.

Also just missing helping his son destroy the world.

I don't have a clue on how we could make Hojo any more evil, with the exception of ^JechtShotMK9's opinion.

Edit- However what would be more interesting is if we find out what leads him down this road. I am nearly certain that has not be explained in any part of the original game or compilation.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Edit- However what would be more interesting is if we find out what leads him down this road. I am nearly certain that has not be explained in any part of the original game or compilation.

He was just born that way.

*dow-naow-naow-na-naow*
On the day I was born
*dow-naow-naow-na-naow*
The nurses all gathered 'round
*dow-naow-naow-na-naow*
And they gazed in wide wonder
*dow-naow-naow-na-naow*
At the joy they had found
*dow-naow-naow-na-naow*
The head nurse spoke up
*dow-naow-naow-na-naow*
Said "leave this one alone"
*dow-naow-naow-na-naow*
She could tell right away
*dow-naow-naow-na-naow*
That I was bad to the bone

I'm diabolical in my way
Jenova makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way
Don't hide yourself in regret
Just love SCIENCE! and you're set
I'll experiment on my baby
I was born this way

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
The thing about Hojo that has always gotten to me is that he actually was based off of real-life scientists who did human experimentation. Figuring out why he's that way is about as difficult as looking up why those people did what they did.

Hojo has always been one of the most effective villains in in the FF series for me because he has pretty "mundane" reasons for what he does compared to some of the other villains who rely on the fantastical nature of their world for why they go bad.

Mandrake

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Seeing him interact with child Sephiroth and treat him like a test subject would be interesting. Also, I think Gast was a little too slacky (is that even a word) and easily manipulated by Hojo. I want to see that happen and Gast slowly lose his mind. Hojo definitely needs more screen time!

hian

Purist
Hojo never struck me as evil. He was just an annoying scientist without a conscious and a god-complex.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Hojo never struck me as evil. He was just an annoying scientist without a conscious and a god-complex.

I hate to say this, Hian, but I disagree. Hojo always struck me as evil, especially his annoying voice and his laughing just makes things worse. It almost makes Kefka likeable! Besides, he wanted Sephiroth to destroy the world to prove his theory and even ignored Reeve's orders to shut down the Mako Cannon/Sister Ray.

It's the Turks that were never evil. They are, as they have recently come to call antagonists who are somewhat good people just following the wrong path, "Side-Antagonists".

But then again, I've always hated Hojo. Come to think of it, as creepy as it sounds, I kind of like Sephiroth, and I actually feel sorry for him in how he was treated by Hojo.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Annoying voice?? Oh right.

Yeah, even his english voice actor, Paul Eiding, didn't like voicing him, and, really, who can blame him? So, Hojo's gonna have a full re-voicing in the Remake, both in English and in Japanese since his Japanese actor died last year.

micknutson9

Pro Adventurer
I can kinda see Kōsuke Toriumi and Hank Matthews who voiced both versions of Szayelaporro Grantz or Ryusei Nakao and Terrence Stone who voiced both versions of Mayuri Kurotsuchi doing the voice work of Professor Hojo. Both were mad scientists in the Bleach Anime.

I hate to say this, Hian, but I disagree. Hojo always struck me as evil, especially his annoying voice and his laughing just makes things worse. It almost makes Kefka likeable! Besides, he wanted Sephiroth to destroy the world to prove his theory and even ignored Reeve's orders to shut down the Mako Cannon/Sister Ray.

It's the Turks that were never evil. They are, as they have recently come to call antagonists who are somewhat good people just following the wrong path, "Side-Antagonists".

But then again, I've always hated Hojo. Come to think of it, as creepy as it sounds, I kind of like Sephiroth, and I actually feel sorry for him in how he was treated by Hojo.

But I can't agree that Reno is a somewhat good person. No good person could have had a hand in dropping the plate on Sector Seven. Reno, we have to admit, relished it (as did Tseng). And despite the fact that he is often presented as somewhat chaotic, personally - mostly his dishevelled appearance - Reno is a lawful neutral.

Since the Turks have become such fan favourites, I do wonder how SE is going to handle that scene in the re-make. There's no way around it: both Tseng and Reno come off as pretty nasty specimens of humanity there.

Sorry, that was off-topic. Maybe I should revive the general Turks worship thread for that question.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I think as someone said one way to make him even more despicable is to show how he raised Sephiroth when he was young. I mean from the beginning he was willing to experiment on him, but we never know how was raised as a child. And knowing how he treats others, I believe he would just treat his own child like a living science project that has to live up to his extremely high expectations. Being the prick that he is, he would have denied Sephiroth any semblance of a healthy childhood or emotional attachments. In other words, Hojo would see his own son as a weapon to be trained rather than a child.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I can kinda see Kōsuke Toriumi and Hank Matthews who voiced both versions of Szayelaporro Grantz or Ryusei Nakao and Terrence Stone who voiced both versions of Mayuri Kurotsuchi doing the voice work of Professor Hojo. Both were mad scientists in the Bleach Anime.

Well, we'll see what happens. Besides, it's still too early to worry about that.

But I can't agree that Reno is a somewhat good person. No good person could have had a hand in dropping the plate on Sector Seven. Reno, we have to admit, relished it (as did Tseng). And despite the fact that he is often presented as somewhat chaotic, personally - mostly his dishevelled appearance - Reno is a lawful neutral.

Since the Turks have become such fan favourites, I do wonder how SE is going to handle that scene in the re-make. There's no way around it: both Tseng and Reno come off as pretty nasty specimens of humanity there.

Sorry, that was off-topic. Maybe I should revive the general Turks worship thread for that question.

Unless they suddenly cut Before Crisis from being canon(god I hope not, I want to see a remake of that game and released internationally), the Turks weren't always that bad in the original/remake. They went out of their way trying to do their best to stop the Original AVALANCHE, and I do not believe that the Turks were evil. Like I said, they were following orders and had trained to keep their emotions in check, even after the Original President died.

Since the Remake's gonna have some content from the Compilation(I hope that includes Advent Children), it's safe to say that once Meteor is gone, in someway, the Turks and Rufus will work in redeeming themselves slightly. Plus, Reno went out of his way to team up with Cloud and his friends to stop Corneo and rescue both Elena and Yuffie.

Not to mention that Tseng didn't take Aerith to ShinRa immediately until Sector 7 was destroyed when she then agreed to go with him back to the Company for Marlene's safety. Other than that, Tseng was just keeping an eye on her since her childhood. The Turks are not that heartless. Things changed and if you look back at the prequels, they tell back-stories on how the characters go to the point of the original/remakes, then somewhat moving on in Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus.

I think as someone said one way to make him even more despicable is to show how he raised Sephiroth when he was young. I mean from the beginning he was willing to experiment on him, but we never know how was raised as a child. And knowing how he treats others, I believe he would just treat his own child like a living science project that has to live up to his extremely high expectations. Being the prick that he is, he would have denied Sephiroth any semblance of a healthy childhood or emotional attachments. In other words, Hojo would see his own son as a weapon to be trained rather than a child.

Personally, I pretty much feel that Hojo sees everyone and every other living thing nothing more than just subjects, toys and robots all around him that he can play with when he sees the given chance. He doesn't care about anything other than prove that he is the only one in the world who is right and everything else do not exist or are even alive.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Well, it again shows how scary Hojo's method of thinking is. He's really the mundane kind of evil you can find in the real world, because you can find people like Hojo who are willing to screw people over in the name of science or progress. I mean at one point and time Sephiroth could at least understand and see people as people, until he snapped. Hojo on the other hand, really has never saw the rest of humanity as anything but potential test subjects for him to use.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Well, it again shows how scary Hojo's method of thinking is. He's really the mundane kind of evil you can find in the real world, because you can find people like Hojo who are willing to screw people over in the name of science or progress. I mean at one point and time Sephiroth could at least understand and see people as people, until he snapped. Hojo on the other hand, really has never saw the rest of humanity as anything but potential test subjects for him to use.

And thank Odin that he's dead. Like I said, I actually feel sorry for Sephiroth, and I liked his human-side in Crisis Core.

Hojo, well, he shouldn't even be described as human. Period. If comes back to life one more time(though only a copy of him survived in DoC, but again, Vincent took care of that problem), I'll scream.

Come to think of it, if you look at what Xehanort's doing in the Kingdom Hearts franchise, he's similiar compared to Hojo, only without science.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA

And thank Odin that he's dead. Like I said, I actually feel sorry for Sephiroth, and I liked his human-side in Crisis Core.

Hojo, well, he shouldn't even be described as human. Period. If comes back to life one more time(though only a copy of him survived in DoC, but again, Vincent took care of that problem), I'll scream.

Come to think of it, if you look at what Xehanort's doing in the Kingdom Hearts franchise, he's similiar compared to Hojo, only without science.

That really shows the difference between the pair. Sephiroth is the tragic fallen villain, who could have been saved from the darkness. While Hojo, is a person who has always from the beginning been a son of a biscuit eater and is actually proud of it.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
That really shows the difference between the pair. Sephiroth is the tragic fallen villain, who could have been saved from the darkness. While Hojo, is a person who has always from the beginning been a son of a biscuit eater and is actually proud of it.

No arguments there, lol.

Though even a biscuit doesn't deserve that kind of thing of Hojo. How about more of a son of a slime-gutter for that disgusting old koot.

Top Bottom