Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster [PS3/PS4/Vita]

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Sphere Break is probly the only FF mini game that I'm actually good at. Fucking Blitzball. :closedmonster:
I'm the complete opposite. Loathe sphere break, but an ace at blitzball. :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
If my memory serves me correctly, all the pieces you see on the screen belong to you, the player. You are essentially playing solitaire and then deciding that upon completing this perfectly SOLITARY game you have somehow beaten an opponent.

Yeah this always confused me. How the fuck am I playing "against" anyone? Are they the one arranging the coins for me or what? :huh:

Anyway, when I played the HD version I just downloaded an app for Sphere Break. :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I just didn't play it again :P

X-2 gets kudos from me for being the first FF since VII to make a meaningful attempt at numerous minigames. But then it loses said kudos by making them all suck :(

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
If my memory serves me correctly, all the pieces you see on the screen belong to you, the player. You are essentially playing solitaire and then deciding that upon completing this perfectly SOLITARY game you have somehow beaten an opponent.

Yeah this always confused me. How the fuck am I playing "against" anyone? Are they the one arranging the coins for me or what? :huh:

Anyway, when I played the HD version I just downloaded an app for Sphere Break. :monster:

wait wat

wat is this 'app' you speak of?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
There was a calculator for Sphere Break that I found on the web. I don't remember where I got it from though so Google shall be your best friend. :monster:

Me when playing Sphere Break:

mqdefault.jpg

:neo:

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
There are many calculators out there to use while playing the game, I'm not sure how effective they will be though as they require you to manually type in the numbers on all of the spheres in order to come up with however many chains you want. I can imagine doing that with a 60 second timer or 45 second when playing Shinra can get a bit time consuming.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

Your opponent provides the core sphere you're trying to "break."

I know, it still doesn't make any fucking sense.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I've never actually played Sphere Break - my tolerance for X-2 hasn't been high enough to reach that point of the game - but I'd just like to say that it is almost impossible to be bad at Blitzball. It's barely even a game of skill. Sure, you might lose some games, but that will be because the other team (usually the Psyches) has better players or gets lucky - every interaction in the game has a ±50% random element to it. But the AI is so dumb that you can't possibly be worse. Even if you have no idea what you're doing, just get Tidus the ball, pull of a Jecht shot, score, and then hide the ball behind your own goalkeeper for the rest of the match so you win 1-0.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I just didn't play it again :P

X-2 gets kudos from me for being the first FF since VII to make a meaningful attempt at numerous minigames. But then it loses said kudos by making them all suck :(

How DARE you. Monkey Mating is a brilliant minigame.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I don't think monkey matchmaking qualifies as a minigame, that's just a side quest. A minigame requires separate mechanics from the actual game.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Bout to pick up the controller and play more today since school was cancelled.

Currently I'm 10 hours, 33 minutes in, at the Bikanel Desert, and at 20% completion.

I'm actually quite proud of my progress so far, particularly with my dresspheres. Yuna's Gunner sphere is at 42%, with Songstress at 21% and Festivalist at 20%; Rikku's Thief sphere is at 38%, with White Mage at 34% and Festivalist at 25%; Paine's Warrior sphere is at 42%, with Black Mage at 39% and Festivalist only at 15%.

I don't remember making such good dressphere progress in the past, but it's been a good while since I last played.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I just bought this todayyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :megusta:

I got ripped off. Gamestop was selling it used for PS4 for $33. I told them it's on the SE store for $27 right now, so what gives. How the F do they stay in business. It can't be thanks to people like me because that's the first time I walked into a store and bought a new or used game since...I can't remember....FFXII maybe? :kermit:

Anyway, SE store shipping is $8 (IIRC) and I don't want to wait for it. I has a sphere grid to conquer. :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Gamestop sells tons of used games for more than they cost new. It's one reason I don't shop there any more.

(Another reason is Steam sales, heh.)

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Ugh, I finished Chapter 1 and now I'm in Besaid and...

I've always been retarded at this game, but I absolutely hate the Gunner's Gauntlet. >_>

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Ugh, I finished Chapter 1 and now I'm in Besaid and...

I've always been retarded at this game, but I absolutely hate the Gunner's Gauntlet. >_>

There's a trick to that.

It's funny that posted that, because after watching that video and a few others, I actually BEAT Beclem's score on my 2nd or 3rd try after going with that method, with 2 minutes to spare!!

I literally started doing the happy dance. :ego:

Top Bottom