• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy Type-0 Thread

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Also, I see everyone hates Machina?

Let's all discuss a time to meet up to wait for him outside his house and beat him up or something because what a fucking douchey twatcrumpet

Anyway, there are a lot of sidequests I haven't done. Most of the tasks I ignored because the rewards seemed shit and the tasks kinda tedious MMO-ish fetch quest shit and the expert trials were above my level.
Is there anything cool you can get from these? =P
(I did the airship one).

Lex

Administrator
The neat thing is that most of the sidequests in Type-0 lead to at least tangentially related story scenes. It's been a while since I last played it so I can't give you specific quests, but the really annoying to complete mad scientist behind the bookshelf in the library and the balcony chick (Emina?) are good to do. They both have like 13 stages and are annoying though.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i think emina and kazusa's quests are best left for a second playthrough imo since you can get times that give you extra time to do all the side quests and leave to the world map without missing a load of stuff. plus a lot of the npcs you can talk to don't cost you any time if you talked to them on the first playthrough

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So I'm on my second playthrough now.
That weird thing that appeared during the prologue and couldn't be harmed...That was there during the first time as well, right? That never came up again, did it?
I hope this playthrough really clears up some shit =P

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
if you talk to the woman in the military control room place by the big table closest to the door during the free time, she will talk about 'the darkness of suzaku' which is referring to that thing (which you do see the first time as well iirc). nothing comes of it in the first playthrough, but stuff can happen during the second.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Why I think Final Fantasy Type-0 Online will most likely be cancelled.

I know this is me being negative again, but let's face the facts here. The last real news all of us heard regards to the "Rebirth of the discontinued Agito" was last June/July for a beta something in China.

Since then, it's been silent since the, ahem, announcement that it'll be released this year. Well, still no further info of when this year it'll be released.

So, don't expect FF Type-0 Online for this year, because it's not going to happen. We're lucky if we see it next year, but my prediction is that like with Agito+ for Vita, it'll be cancelled and there will be no prequel replacement of Agito or any prequel for the actual game what so ever.

It's the saga of Before Crisis-Final Fantasy VII and G-Bike all over again.

Splintered

unsavory tart
My impression was that Type 0 was very much Tabata's baby, and Tabata has been pulled to do FFXV. I don't know if he'll go back to the Type 0 universe either, if FFXV is a large franchise and the Type 0 fandom is slowly going quieter (it was never that big here to begin with).

So yeah, it ain't coming back, but there's real reasons behind it.

Also Machina is rage inducing, and my loathing of him does not wane with time.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
My impression was that Type 0 was very much Tabata's baby, and Tabata has been pulled to do FFXV. I don't know if he'll go back to the Type 0 universe either, if FFXV is a large franchise and the Type 0 fandom is slowly going quieter (it was never that big here to begin with).

He was probably pulled to do Type 0 when he had interest to do a remake of Before Crisis and since then, no such Remake of the mobile game came to a reality and probably never will, much to my annoyance.

So yeah, it ain't coming back, but there's real reasons behind it.

Yeah, I don't see Type-Next or whatever becoming a reality either. So you might as well flush Type 0 Online down the toilet.

Also Machina is rage inducing, and my loathing of him does not wane with time.

I found Machina to be such a baby. The only ones I liked were Rem, the flute Class Zero character(can't remember her name), and the one-eyed bad guy which I actually liked. I was actually saddened to see him die, believe it or not.

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
So I decided to give it a go on a PPSSPP, but it didn't go so well as I hoped.

The opening scene is amazingly heartwrenching - I can't remember the last time I cried as much at the beginning of a game - probably during the FF9 opening back in my adolescence... I kind of liked the idea of numerous characters as a squad, different fighting styles and basic FF elements added here and there, BUT my biggest problem is controls. I can't get used to moving the characters with joystics and moving the camera with directional buttons. It's a pure nightmare. Also, using O instead of X for confirming everything is so so soooo inconvenient. I keep dying like there's no tomorrow.

As soon as reraise was taken off the initial party, I lost two characters immediately and the third one barely survived the battle, and the very first summon fight was a failure as well. I'm afraid I'll have to end up watching someone's playthrough like I did with FF6, because I don't have either the nerve or the time to make it through on my own. *sigh*

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
it is a lot easier if you can play with the directional pad can be mapped onto the right analog stick of a controller. i'm not sure if i played the full game on the psp (i played the psp version on the vita and the hd version on ps4) although i did play the demos, but i never really liked having to do the camera with the d pad and movement with the analog on psp games

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i found out my psp to play a different game and found i had disc 2 of this downloaded onto it and i don't remember why. maybe i did play it on the psp then moved over to the vita

anyway i'm really tempted to go through the hd version again :sadpanda:

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Just finished playthrough 1. Great game. I seem to be missing a lot of lore on what's going on, sad they went for 'break the chains of fate' AGAIN, but overall really well done. The gameworld overall is fairly boring between missions, and there's not much reason to explore because you just get the occasional task of 'kill X number of monsters' from a random citizen.

Machina is interesting. From what I understand, he's 17, but grew up in a village where everyone else was massacred, so he doesn't remember about 15 of those years except time with Rem. And she's dying, so he's trying to function with all of these motivations that he doesn't understand because he can't remember, and when she dies he will essentially lose the vast majority of his memories, because most of the people he's ever known will be dead. So he clings to that, hard and essentially is brain damaged by the lack of memories. The surprise is not that this happens. it's that is doesn't happen more often.

. I don't quite buy that this is a functional society, because you would end up with a lot of people motivated by stuff they can't remember. One thing I was really hoping they would do was have Mother die, and Class 0 can't remember most of their lives. Something very Hojo-ish about naming them all after playing cards. But they didn't do that, because of who she is.

Seven, King, and Queen was my favourite team. My crew ranged from Level 22-27 by the end. The trials are good, they're doable but just tricky enough

"I must fight to protect... somebody? What am I doing again?"

"Wait, why do we have an extra room in the house?"

"I don't remember why I'm in this military academy, screw it, I'm going home."

It ends up a little like Valkyria Chronicles, where so much is plagiarised from WW2 that it becomes very funny at times. Gee, where did the Militesi uniform design come from?

So there have been 600,000,000 cycles where usually Class 0 become L'Cie and die fighting the horde or Rursan (yes, I picked that option first). Eventually, they break the cycle and kill the Judge...okay

Final bossfight is great, takes a while to realise you're invincible. Good storytelling. I understand there is a happy ending on playthrough 2, but it feels more appropriate to have Rem and Machina come on the giant pile of corpses. Great game, surprised this isn't talked about more.

Edit: Seems to be a lot of lore still missing.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
It was one of my favorites, it is an incredible game.

Definitely go through a second playthrough. You'll unlock a lot of new, interesting scenes and a unique and amusing alternate ending. Its worth it!

I ended up platinuming this game I loved it so much :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I enjoyed it, but not so much that I was ready to play through it again. I watched the second round stuff on youtube :whistle:

I also liked Queen, for that sweet cross-AoE. And is Seven the one with Ivy's sword? If so she was also one of mains :monster:

Top Bottom