• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XII

RedFFWolf

Donator
Ooh, that magazine's in my shop, too (kinda jealous you get the ease of having the display date so readily available :P).

Is VII in there? :P

From what I recall, FFVII is not in there.

(EDIT: I had a link a moment ago, but I think it might have been old - gotta go check again)

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
No Tenny, no front page. It's number 97 out of 100, but who cares. :awesome:

@Lulcielid I'd like to see what other outlets think of the game too, now that it's been 10 years. I know GamesRadar loves it, or at least quite a few of their staff does, because I've chatted with some of them about it whenever they've posted articles about XII on their Twitter. It would take me awhile to round them all up though.

EDIT: No, VII isn't in there, likely because it isn't considered 'modern classic'. :quote:

Now, a 100 greatest games of ALL TIME list; I'm sure it'd definitely be on there. :awesome:

RedFFWolf

Donator
Haha Ninja'd :monster:

I had a frenzy of about 5/6 edits in the space of a minute, the first few for formatting and then because I realised the thread was old and whatnot.

Anyway, if you want, lith, I can scan it at my place if we still have it, but otherwise I think your pictures are of good quality, regardless - it's easy to read.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I'd love to take you up on your offer Red, just because I'd like to have a nice version of it for... for science archival purposes. :closedmonster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
EDIT: No, VII isn't in there, likely because it isn't considered 'modern classic'. :quote:

Now, a 100 greatest games of ALL TIME list; I'm sure it'd definitely be on there. :awesome:
I've just had a gander at the list; there are plenty of games from around the same time and a few that are much older. The only thing I can see that would keep it off the list is that the games have to "stand up today"; nothing is included for reasons of "nostalgia or historic significance". And despite its million and one releases on all different platforms, I don't think any of them really fit that criteria. It hasn't aged well.

XII has, so I understand its inclusion. I'd personally rank it a lot higher than 97, but, you know, opinions. :monster:

P.S. It's easy to find it in PDF form if you want to save Red the trouble of scanning it. :)

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I didn't have time to look through the whole magazine because I was technically 'on the clock', and only caught sight of XII because I'd recognize Ashe's promo render anywhere.

I think it's weird that VII wouldn't be on there. Different outlet, different opinions I guess. I was just surprised to see it in there. :monster:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
There's a fucking white chocobo in FFXII

I DID NOT KNOW THIS

*6 months late*

big-bird-door.gif

there's a fookin WHAT NOW

Top Bottom