• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Endwalker - 6.45]

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
^ Using Chocobos during raids. My god things are going to be chaotic and broken. I love it.
I mean yes, Chocobos don't add too much support but still.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I wouldn't be surprised if you can't used Chocobo's in instanced dungeons. That seems like it would really imbalance things.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I misread the text. I thought it meant the instances would handle chocobos like pets, but it just means parties in general.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I'm hoping for the ability to turn my fairy into a red fairy when I scholar? Or maybe some other color idk

I'm looking forward to more anima weapon stuff, along with new raid (which might not be the last raid for 3.X, if you noticed!), and so on. And they're breaking this up into two parts, which is interesting as well.

also, inb4 new alliance raid where falling off the airship becomes the new titan/levi/ozma/etc

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
^ Hahahahah OZMA CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF.

Titan EX was also terrible . Though to be honest I Levi EX was much easier to manage if you knew the signs. Still everybody messes up a few times on that one especially newbies.

Edit: Baelsar's Wall leads to Ala Mhigo on the World Map. Stormblood takes place in Ala Mhigo. I feel like the Wall might be 3.5's version of 2.55's Steps of the Faith. First taste of the new world.

==

So I've been unlocking all the jobs in a grand quest to ram as much contenting as I can into my character before Stormblood launches.

Job Unlocks: Paladin, White Mage, Summoner, Scholar, Ninja. My main is a DRG and I unlocked Warrior a while back. Working on Bard right now, then Monk and finally BLM (I don't like the thaumaturge casting fuckery personally :monster:)

Quest Status:
- I got through all of the CT Raids a while back and was excited by that.
- I am on Turn 3... which I know is super dumb and I could just skip it but my OCD will nay allow that.
- I have beaten the Wiping City once and I really don't want to go back unless I have to / until people start outgearing it.
- BEAST TRIBES: I have completed (to Lv 4) all the Realm Reborn Beast Tribes and am almost at Lv 6 with the Ixal. Then I can do the combined quest. I've just been "Deliverance"-ing my way through the Ixal though. Even though I have several high level crafters I don't like most of these quests. Also started on the HW Beasts and at Lv 3 with the Vanu and Lv 4 with the Vath.

Plans for the Future:
- Get a Monk to Level 60 so I can play as a Monk for Stormblood.

Last edited:

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
Titan EX was also terrible .

:crymoar:

Titan Ex is probably my favourite fight in the history of FFXIV :( I hate it unsynched, but at level 50 in minimum ilevel it's amazing.

If I was to make a top 5 favourite fights it would be

1) Titan Ex
2) A8 Savage
3) A3 Savage
4) T9 Savage
5) T13

Ultima should get a special mention for when it was relevent, it was really fun back then.

In short I like fights that require lots of movement/mechanics. :D

Also Monk is brilliant, Monk is my secondary outside of healers for when I want to sit on my sofa and play on PS4 instead of PC, Melee work great with controllers.

I'm hoping for the ability to turn my fairy into a red fairy when I scholar? Or maybe some other color idk

I would just be happy with Carbuncles as well, I love hot Scholar plays but I wish my pet was something other than a Fairy. I guess at least with colour changes I can colour co-ordinate my glamour a bit better.

Instead of a new race I would really like to see some more character customisation options for the current races this expansion, I feel like we wont see either of those though. :(

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Cleared Ozma first time without falling off. Still can't clear Leviathan ex. :monster:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Cleared Ozma first time without falling off. Still can't clear Leviathan ex. :monster:

I've cleared it enough times to get the pony though a few of them were unsync. Some tips:

- Pull your camera back as far as possible and try to keep it at a diagonal whenever possible.
- Use directional sound earphones. This will make it easier to keep track of where the water spouts are
- Obviously kill the damn adds first thing especially the Sahagin that uses Dread.
- Stay centered immediately after each ult so you can move to either side quickly.
- This is a DPS heavy fight where you really want high single-target damage dealers. Monks, Dragoons and hopefully your Off Tank is a Warrior.
- Healers, stay in the middle for pretty much 80% of the fight. Losing a healer is never good. Losing a healer that you can't raise because they fell off the boat is wipe-worthy.
- Tanking as a Paladin? Hallowed Ground can save your ass.

@Miscreant:

I have... never done anything Savage. Though I also haven't even cleared the Binding Coil yet so I'm not up on the super fights. And I've done like one PVP fight.

Titan EX was a lot of fun unsync but I've tried it synced many times and it just becomes so unmanageable. Then again I'm sure more experienced players consider it if not a cakewalk then at least invigorating.

As for me my top favorite Raids in no particular order are:

- World of Darkness
- A6, A8 (tied)
- Fractal Continuum when it was new (I love that it's basically a tank and spank dungeon with minimal mechanics)
- Levi EX
- Shiva EX (though I hate that damn bow stance, it's the one thing that trips me up)
- The Singularity Reactor

Last edited:

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Jason, you can solo Turn 3 pretty easily, if you're still on that and don't want to deal with the whole party finder thing.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason, you can solo Turn 3 pretty easily, if you're still on that and don't want to deal with the whole party finder thing.

I tried it unsync solo but the enemies still managed to overwhelm me even when I went slow. My main is a DRG, I'm thinking I need to tackle it with like a Summoner (for the pet / area damage) or Scholar (all the above + heals)

JechtShotMK9

AKA
Kamiccolo9

I tried it unsync solo but the enemies still managed to overwhelm me even when I went slow. My main is a DRG, I'm thinking I need to tackle it with like a Summoner (for the pet / area damage) or Scholar (all the above + heals)

Just skip them. The only ones you need to kill are the Golems. I did it with a Ninja decked out in Lore gear pretty easily, so a melee DPS can do it. DRG get Bloodbath and Second Wind, too, so AOE death-heals for dayz.

Now that I think about it, I probably could have just stealth-walked through the whole thing....

Lex

Administrator

I've cleared it enough times to get the pony though a few of them were unsync. Some tips:

- Pull your camera back as far as possible and try to keep it at a diagonal whenever possible.
- Use directional sound earphones. This will make it easier to keep track of where the water spouts are
- Obviously kill the damn adds first thing especially the Sahagin that uses Dread.
- Stay centered immediately after each ult so you can move to either side quickly.
- This is a DPS heavy fight where you really want high single-target damage dealers. Monks, Dragoons and hopefully your Off Tank is a Warrior.
- Healers, stay in the middle for pretty much 80% of the fight. Losing a healer is never good. Losing a healer that you can't raise because they fell off the boat is wipe-worthy.
- Tanking as a Paladin? Hallowed Ground can save your ass.

Joe's issue with Levi EX is bad PUGs/ PF Groups unfortunately. I've played it with him and he's (not to kiss his arse too much) an incredible scholar/ player in general. He makes very few noob mistakes even on first attempts. I've took him into Levi EX a few times with PF groups and there are always too many people who don't know how to learn from their mistakes.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
The funniest primal fights I've had is doing Levi EX unsynced. The support classes will pretty much be yelling at the DPS classes to stop doing DPS so that mechanics can be taken care of. And yes, it usually takes several wipes to convince the DPS classes not to DPS too well.

JechtShotMK9

AKA
Kamiccolo9
The funniest primal fights I've had is doing Levi EX unsynced. The support classes will pretty much be yelling at the DPS classes to stop doing DPS so that mechanics can be taken care of. And yes, it usually takes several wipes to convince the DPS classes not to DPS too well.

I have horror stories from Ifrit pony farms.

"Ok guys, we can't burn him down to fast, or we'll wipe."
"Ok, you get a free one. No harm done. Let's try again."
"Seriously, slow down on the dps. We can't burn this guy."
"......."
"FOR THE LOVE OF FUCKING GOD STOP HITTING THE THING"
"FAS;LFJ;LSJF;LAESJFK;LSDAJF;KLASJFKL;JDS;LKFJASK;LJFASF"

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Yeah I remember ponyfarming unsync of Levi EX and having to get folks to stop during the spunk... er spume phase. :monster:

And yes, I think PUGs are well established to be the source of much pain but with only a few exceptions I've always used them because I'm awkward and like minimal social interaction. -_-

But it's fun raiding with the wife, especially when I tank and she heals and we only have to keep track of two DPS.

Lex

Administrator
No one ever appreciated my Gyre Spume chuckle. They pop up just as the music starts to sing "Leviathan, Leviathan" and I (more than once) have typed in the chat ~gyre spume, gyre spume~ MEND US ~gyre spume, gyre spume~

only grouches play this game

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
No one ever appreciated my Gyre Spume chuckle. They pop up just as the music starts to sing "Leviathan, Leviathan" and I (more than once) have typed in the chat ~gyre spume, gyre spume~ MEND US ~gyre spume, gyre spume~

only grouches play this game

Not your fault they lack good humor. :monster:

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
I've cheesed Leviathans ultimate wit a crit deployed Adlo before :D

My biggest tip with Lebiathan is use your ears, if you have a surround sound headset/surround sound you should be able to hear where the splash comes from, as soon as you hear it run the opposite way.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Logged on for the first time in a while. Was greeted with Moogle Mail and Firion's attire.
dP8XOXZ.jpg

e1pbii3.jpg

Now I kinda wanna level up Bard or Dragoon to use with this awesome outfit. Not sure I'll keep the bandana though.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
And yes, Bahamut is now haunting my room...

ffxiv_12022016_104138_by_0bsidianfire-daqoenc.png

Got all the non-DPS classes up to Lvl 50! Time to start leveling the physical classes! And I'm one level away from mentor status...

Currently working on getting my healer's ilvl up, so running lots of Alexander Normal and working on Kinna Weapon. I really should start doing Alexander Savage as I'm at iLvl 255 on my main and most of the good end-game equips for SMN are all Alexander equips...

Finally got to the point in Gold Saucer where I've gotten everything that don't cost 1mil MGP. Time to start grinding...

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Damn that looks good.

So I log on today to do the Starlight Celebration look for some carefree holiday cheer in video game form.

And the quest is about a dying kid and his father breaking a promise to see him on Christmas...

yQUj9gz.gif

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Can we take a moment to point out how - keeping true to form - the ladies' winter garments are completely impractical for the snowy north? :monster:

Top Bottom