Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
The Nyx Play Arts Kai figure will be available for preorder soon.

Czd7KlLXgAANDW5.jpg

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Speaking of Nyx just fyi, his Kukri can be acquired as daggers for Noctis in the game. Called Ulrik's Kukri or something. They're good too. :monster:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Speaking of Nyx just fyi, his Kukri can be acquired as daggers for Noctis in the game. Called Ulrik's Kukri or something. They're good too. :monster:

Doesn't that involve faffing about Insomnia until some superboss shows up?

Lex

Administrator
You need to
beat Ifrit, take the elevator back down, kill the two red giants, then go to the crossroads near where you start in Insomnia. Only I did all of that and it didn't appear (I think the enemy is called "Psychoflayer" or somesuch). FWIW it's in the strategy guide, but I think it possibly only works on chapter 15. I've yet to go back and try because cba

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
How, if at all, do summons work? I sometimes - particularly in boss fights of sorts - get a "holde R2 to summone!", which I do, and then Ramuh appears. But it seems completely arbitrary, and up until recently it only appeared shortly after getting Ramuh, in one of the empire strongholds. Is it in any way predictable? Can I summon Titan / Leviathan at all? Do I get a choice?

Have to say though, when I do manage to summon it's super effective and pwns whoever I'm fighting. That's how summons should work. Looking at you FFVII and VIII (at least / top of my head), where often summons were no more effective than a regular attack or magic, except taking ten times as long.
These are the summoning conditions: http://www.rpgsite.net/feature/5114-final-fantasy-xv-guide-how-to-summon-the-astrals-to-your-aid

Spoiler alert: it reveals how many summons are present in the game.

This explains why I see Ramuh frequently, Shiva more (now that it's late game and tough battles are tough for ALL THE REASONS), Leviathan once, and I have never EVER seen Titan.

I really wish that the diversity of the Summons that appear and when were a bit more controllable or diverse at least. I'd really like to be able to see the others more often (especially Bahamut)

Also, I had no idea those were Nyx's Kukris. Now I feel somewhat motivated to sneak back and get them. :awesomonster:

X :neo:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
You need to
beat Ifrit, take the elevator back down, kill the two red giants, then go to the crossroads near where you start in Insomnia. Only I did all of that and it didn't appear (I think the enemy is called "Psychoflayer" or somesuch). FWIW it's in the strategy guide, but I think it possibly only works on chapter 15. I've yet to go back and try because cba
If you've rested since the first time you entered Insomnia (which you will have if you're doing it post ending) you have to beat Ifrit, go up and down the elevator then kill EVERYTHING in Insomnia again for the mob to appear. Apparently the guide omits that detail according to reddit. It assumes you've already killed everything barring the two new red giants.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
How, if at all, do summons work? I sometimes - particularly in boss fights of sorts - get a "holde R2 to summone!", which I do, and then Ramuh appears. But it seems completely arbitrary, and up until recently it only appeared shortly after getting Ramuh, in one of the empire strongholds. Is it in any way predictable? Can I summon Titan / Leviathan at all? Do I get a choice?

Have to say though, when I do manage to summon it's super effective and pwns whoever I'm fighting. That's how summons should work. Looking at you FFVII and VIII (at least / top of my head), where often summons were no more effective than a regular attack or magic, except taking ten times as long.
These are the summoning conditions: http://www.rpgsite.net/feature/5114-final-fantasy-xv-guide-how-to-summon-the-astrals-to-your-aid

Spoiler alert: it reveals how many summons are present in the game.

This explains why I see Ramuh frequently, Shiva more (now that it's late game and tough battles are tough for ALL THE REASONS), Leviathan once, and I have never EVER seen Titan.

I really wish that the diversity of the Summons that appear and when were a bit more controllable or diverse at least. I'd really like to be able to see the others more often (especially Bahamut)

I have seen all of them fairly frequently :monster:

I wish Bahamut was summonable, such bullshit =/

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
About time, Alex. Do you know what the hold up was?

I don't care, it's here, finally!! :'(

I actually have no idea because it was placed inside the mailbox :huh: . Not impressed, actually. What if it's delivered to the wrong house for whatever reason and the person decides to keep it? It's either I miss my game or Square has to ship another. Either way, someone's losing there.

I mean, I could actually tell them it never came and force them to send another game, you know? Not that I'm going to do that but... they could get someone to do that.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
The game lies when it says level 28 next to the name :wacky: Fracking level 40 Necromancers that are killing me in there when I'm level 36! I can actually defeat them but if one of their attacks hit, it almost devours my entire health bar. I attempted this cave first at level 27 and couldn't do it. :wacky:

So yeah, that was terrifying :kermit:

The cave is actually quite pretty in a way, too, even the poisonous green water. :wacky: By the waaaay anyone who's been here before, how do you get to that other scaffolding landing? During the 'boss fight' I could warp up there, but I couldn't stay because the Necromancer and Iron Giant were wreaking havoc. :monster: After the fight though there's no more warp point... what the heck. How do you get up there???

Also. There's a freaking fishing spot in here. :awesome: I caught 3 new fish; Lurking Catfish, Bizarre Barramundi, and a Cave Dace. There might be more too, I'll check back later.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The game lies when it says level 28 next to the name :wacky: Fracking level 40 Necromancers that are killing me in there when I'm level 36! I can actually defeat them but if one of their attacks hit, it almost devours my entire health bar. I attempted this cave first at level 27 and couldn't do it. :wacky:

The cave is actually quite pretty in a way, too, even the poisonous green water. :wacky: By the waaaay anyone who's been here before, how do you get to that other scaffolding landing? During the 'boss fight' I could warp up there, but I couldn't stay because the Necromancer and Iron Giant were wreaking havoc. :monster: After the fight though there's no more warp point... what the heck. How do you get up there???

Also. There's a freaking fishing spot in here. :awesome: I caught 3 new fish; Lurking Catfish, Bizarre Barramundi, and a Cave Dace. There might be more too, I'll check back later.

I actually just did this today. First time a while back I was underleveled as well. At level 51 it's doable :P

As for the scaffolding, clear out most of the enemies until there's only one or two weak ones left, warp up there and then just wait and let the other guys handle them. :monster:
Alternatively bombard them with spells from above or shoot them, I guess. Eitherway you need to already be up there when the battle ends.
Then you can lower the ladder and crawl through that hole. There's only a locked vault door on the other side however...still haven't figured out how to open those.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

I actually just did this today. First time a while back I was underleveled as well. At level 51 it's doable :P

As for the scaffolding, clear out most of the enemies until there's only one or two weak ones left, warp up there and then just wait and let the other guys handle them. :monster:
Alternatively bombard them with spells from above or shoot them, I guess. Eitherway you need to already be up there when the battle ends.
Then you can lower the ladder and crawl through that hole. There's only a locked vault door on the other side however...still haven't figured out how to open those.

Beat all the Dungeons and the main story, and then talk to the old lady at hunter HQ and you get a key to them, and they have more stuff and even badder bosses behind them.

X :neo:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl

Whaaaaaaatt I spent like 10 minutes trying to get a nibble at that fishing spot. I guess I had the wrong gear or something. :sadpanda:

Can I just say how fun it has been gallivanting around the world? I've been looking at the Piggyguide only for reference about which meals I should eat to teach Ignis a new recipe or to find out where certain upgrade materials are, but otherwise I've just been freestyling. :D I don't think it would have been nearly as much fun if I'd used the guide for my first playthrough. It's so fun stumbling across new dungeons encountering new enemies, catching all the fish, and even getting my ass handed to me by night critters. I think what I'm loving the most is the exploration with no expectations side of things.

Also, I have a lavender colored chocobo named Keanu Reeves. :monster:

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer

Man, I hated that part. IMO a game-design FAIL. Had to redo the stupid fight 4 times before I could do it right.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
My feelings after nine hours...
I have just acquired the Regalia, after basically spending all that time getting every side quest I could find. And getting double of some items just to get my guys beefed up. Currently level 9.

... the game is good. It's not amazing yet because I have not seen much of the story but it makes sense. I've mostly goofed around, helping people on the road, killed a few beasties. So far, it's engaging and that's exactly what the game should be at this point. I'm still a bit concerned about it not having enough storyline and being a bit bare bones in that sense (I'm very much into storylines perhaps more than the playing aspect) but so far it's fun. I like the fact it feels like you're exploring places. Though I honestly feel that first area feels a bit dull as in most of it is the same. It is true it has good detail and it does not feel generic, which is good. I have the feeling this is exactly what's intended.

I loved how the characters were introduced in that first fight before the CG. It had good amount of drama and showed the camaraderie of the four main characters, showing from the get go that they're friends, more than just war comrades. Surprisingly, I felt the tone of the pushing scene worked very well. Both in terms of FFXV itself and the franchise. It's almost as if that scene is saying "this is new start with broader views".

I have to confess that this does not necessarily feel like a Final Fantasy game but... I believe part of the reason is the fact I had FIVE years between FFX and FFXII. In a way, it's like I moved on from Final Fantasy and went back to it, since this "detachment" from what a Final Fantasy game should be started with XII. Then we get three more years to XIII and after that it's over SIX years to FFXV. No wonder it doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy game. It's not necessarily Square's fault. I'm the one who has changed a lot since last time. In a way, I feel like a Final Fantasy game only truly feels like one after I've completed it at least once, possibly twice.

But even then, so far so good. But moving on to the game itself again... loving the whole food thing, as well as the relationship between the four main characters, the general world design... and oh God, all those references to other Final Fantasy games! Banora White, Pyreflies, Junon, ... I feel I'm going to spend quite a few hours on this.

I have the feeling I had some more things I wanted to say but... :monster:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Here I am thinking I've found all the dungeons and people be mentioning places like Pitioss and Daurell Caverns and I'm like "those are what now?"

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i don't know if i should wait for a potential rerelease later down the line which would include all the updates from the get-go, like a 'game of the year' edition or what they did with the patches for the ps3 bayonetta

but i am kind of interested to see what the game is like before the major updates they are making

but games don't work like they used to and i don't think you can just pick and choose if you want to try the game as-is from the disk (i mean, you can if you just unplug the internet and all but still) and then say i only want the day-one crown? update and not the more advanced ones

playing the original version would mainly be of historical interest to see what it was like originally, and assuming the changes weren't massive downgrades i wouldn't be torn up about having to play the fully updated version

i mean, i don't have money for it anyways so it's not like that's a problem i'm going to be worrying about for a bit

so i'm going to slink out of this thread again

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Miscellaneous Shots
Gladio: So this is it? No regrets?
OR
Prompto: I'm sure it's hard to settle on just one.
OR
Prompto: That the one you want?
Ignis: This is it. Listen to your heart, Noct.

Shot of all four boys
Gladio: Now you can't beat that. A shot of all four of us together.
Ignis: Throughout it all, we had each other.

Shot of a cutscene or stock moment
Prompto: Really takes you back huh? Makes you think of all that came before and after.
Ignis: The pictures of those days are still fresh in my mind.

Shot of a battle
Gladio: That was a real knock-down, drag-out rumble.
Ignis: We conquered insurmountable odds on many an occasion.

Shot of just Gladio (or Noct and Gladio)
Gladio: Uhh, it's just me in this photo. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm flattered and all.

Shot of just Prompto (or Noct and Prompto)
Prompto: Ah... uh, you sure you want a picture of just me buddy? It's sweet and all, but a little bit creepy.

Shot of just Ignis (or Noct and Ignis)
Noct: I'll take... this one with Iggy in it.
Ignis: Was I not present in the majority of photographs?

Shot of just Noctis
Prompto: This one? Go figure. The guy who hated having his picture taken wants a shot of just himself.
Ignis: You can really see the change.

Shot of only 2 or 3 of the boys
Noct: (chuckle) This one's a classic. It really takes me back.
Ignis: Easy to get lost in all the memories we've shared.
OR
Gladio: The more I look at it, the better it looks.

Shot of Cor
Gladio: Oh man. Cor really showed us the ropes when we were first starting out.
Ignis: Indeed. It was always reassuring knowing that the Marshall was in our corner.

Shot of Aranea alone - or focused on Aranea (possibly Cindy too but doesn't work with stock Cindy photos)
Prompto: Ohhohoho, I totally know where you're coming from dude.

Shot of Iris alone - or focused on Iris
Gladio: Uh, Interesting choice there, Noct. Guess, uh Big Brother's gotta turn a blind eye every now and then.

Shot of side characters
Gladio: That really stuck with you huh? Hmm. Fair enough.
OR
Prompto: Huh... not the one I would have picked, but it's your call.

Shot of a landscape with nobody in it - This does NOT include the shots for Vyv's Sidequests
Noctis: I like this one... even though there's nobody in it.
Ignis: You chose a picture with nobody in it? It must have some significance to you.

Some shots of Ardyn
Gladio: Heck of a choice. Hmph. I guess a king forgives and forgets.

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
^ Not sure I like that spoiler tag JT. Kind of alludes to
there being some kind of final photo at the end. I'd either change that slightly or put it in that other thread.

I really like that you got all that together though ^_^

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Shot of Iris alone - or focused on Iris
Gladio: Uh, Interesting choice there, Noct. Guess, uh Big Brother's gotta turn a blind eye every now and then.
:monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
8ZVhGHV.jpg

look at that time. scrub.

To the spoiler thread!

Top Bottom