• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Dragon Age Series

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Actual game discussion, spoilers etc should be had in this thread, spoiler tagged. I will leave the other thread open as there are people who still don't have the game.

I now have Dorian and Cole. Dorian is pretty funny but completely full of himself. I don't like Cole at all, didn't like him in Asunder or that he was added to the game.

My god that was great and when I say great I mean fucking fantastic. I had a suspicion Corypheus was The Elder One from the trailer and it turned out correct. That whole sequence after Haven is lost, everyone singing "The Inquisitor's Song" in their darkest hour and then finding Skyhold is one of the most beautiful I ever seen in a video game.

I went with recruiting the mages but conscripted them since they stupidly sided with Tevinter, I see where Alistair gets his intelligence Fiona. I have feeling I'll regret it in the epilogue but as my game guide or the internet is lacking in epilogue spoilers there it is.

Alistair, Anora and Connor where at Redcliffe.
I was a bit sad when he angrily kicked Fiona out since he doesn't know that his mother, I hope there's an option later for them to have a proper reunion.
My Hawke has arrived, turns out Varric was lying (shocking) at the end of DA2 when he said he didn't know where he was. Also his disappearance and the Warden's are not related to each other as DA2 implied they were. You get to customize your Hawke, though you're quite limited in your options compared to the Inquisitor.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm just gonna stop using the other thread and put all my inquisition discussion in here. :monster:

Starting now.

Cassandra is a motherfucking boss.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
I know, my comment is geared toward the fact that nobody knows what's actually in the spoiler though. For all we know it could be an in-depth description of the ending rather than a quip about a character.

(Also yes, I fully agree with the statement)

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Oh Wardens what fucking mess you got into. I'm usually in favor of the Grey Wardens pragmatic approach to everything (I tailored my decisions in Origins with that view, like making Loghain a Warden) but binding themselves to demons to fight darkspawn and the whole mess at the Conclave is way over the line. Still made them allies instead of exiling them since Corypheus was to some level mind controlling them and exiling the Wardens accomplishes nothing.

So we finally learned what exactly happened at the Conclave, that being that the Grey Wardens were there helping Corypheus. I feel really bad for Divine Justinia. Also the Fade was creepy as hell, especially the giant spider thing.

The 10 years between Origins and Inquisition did Loghain some good. It was a bit sad watching him sacrifice himself in the Fade for the others to escape.

Sera - Still annoying half of the time and funny the other half.

Solas - Didn't have much to do in act 2.

Vivienne - Same as Solas.

Dorian - His personal quest did a lot to make him more sympathetic.

Cole - Still don't like him and he's been disapproving of me lately especially over my decision with
Wardens.

Blackwall - Had a lot to do in act 2. I like him now.

Iron Bull - Dude's just awesomely hilarious. Don't ever change.

Varric - Had to stop putting him in a party with Cassandra, he takes quite a few shots below the belt at her and it does not make him look good. Still love him though and
we finally know the backstory with Bianca.

Cassandra - She's a massive dork, is so cute and funny. This part of her romance arc was hilarious:

I don't want you to court me.
*Cassandra leaves*
*Inquisitor looks on confused*
*Cassandra comes back 3 seconds later*
Yes ok fine I want a proper courting.

Had to look for candles, flowers and Thedas version of Fifty Shades of Grey to properly court her. Her sex scene was funny and really sweet except for having to read that Fifty Shades of Grey crap. Also bewbs.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Morrigan. <3 Her reintroduction was perfect: "Well, well, what have we here?". Hearing that again made me all kinds of happy. I found "Wicked Hearts" to be both very interesting and incredibly frustrating, playing 'the game' is no child's play. My game guide was less than helpful in finding all the secrets and halla statues. I got Celine, Gaspard anf Briala to work together. Also made Florianne into a court jester with bad shoes, my Inquisitor trollish smile as he said it completely sold it.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Hokay, so I'm about to dig into this series for the first time evar. Got the first game preowned at Gamestop tonight. What kind of stuff can I expect?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Male so you can romance Morrigan. I would suggest you go with rogue for your first playthrough.

Fangu

Great Old One
Nah, it's more ranged damage and picking locks. Plus, you'd want to leave the knives rogue role to Zevran, you always want Zevran in your party :monster:

I played warrior female dwarf for my first pt. I really liked the dwarf origin. It's a lot less MAGES VS TEMPLARS AAAA a theme that will be overused like hell later in the series so you'll get your fix of that later.

Playing (black) mage is hella fun, you probably don't want to pick that role if you want to keep Morrigan around, but yeah, playing mage is hella fun :monster:

And I fucking love Wynne. Always get Wynne. She's total wolf in sheep form.

Have fun :monster:

Lex

Administrator
I played Dagger rogue in DA: Origins and II and have no regrets. I've tried most of the classes but I always go back to dagger rogue in the first two. If it wasn't for the lockpicking I'd be mage in Origins through and through though. It's a good one to play.
I only go with Rogue in Origins because there are some chests and doors that are totally inaccessible unless you have a rogue. Putting one in your party is fine but there are sections where it's just your character alone (like the beginning of the game for any Origin) and there are some small areas with locked doors/ chests you can't return to, so the completionist in me demands I play Rogue.

Whatever you do don't be a mage in II, dear god.
The roadblock here is Carver. Can't be having Carver.

Overall my favourite class to play in the series is Mage, but for other reasons (gameplay and/ or story) my personal canon heroes in Origins and II are both rogue. Dagger rather than bow because I enjoy the gameplay more. l33t dps

All the classes have their merits.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
dagger rogue best rogue

backstab crits for days! never worry about locks! don't need zevran!

(my personal party preference is alistair/shale/sten, leliana, morrigan)

Lex

Administrator
I tend to go Morrigan, Wynne, Sten/Shale/Alistair. Didn't use Leliana half as much as I should have.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Well right now I'm a warrior hooman, just because warrior is a class I'm familiar with and I don't want to chuck the controller at the tv on my first playthrough.

Random Nobody is right though, the combat in this game is definitely a little slow. I'll enjoy it while I can though, since I'm sure it picks up in other entries of the series.

I'm only about 4 and a half hours in. I had to stop playing around 3am because I didn't know where the hell the time had gone. :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I've probably said it before in this thread, while I like the D&D feel of this and the old CRPGs like Baldur's Gate. The need to constantly pause I find really tiresome. I don't see the point of it being real time. I'd so much rather it just be turn-based.

I wound up putting DA on Easy so I could just play it like an action RPG.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Now I'm kind of wishing I went with Rogue in the beginning so I could have looted those chests in Cousland; and also I have like 3 damn warriors in my party, plus one warrior doge. :closedmonster:

Anyone know if they plan on remastering Origins for PS4 in the distant future?

Top Bottom