• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS Discord (More better than Skype)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
^ wtf

We have options here:

1. Make it a private server for people on the forum (I'm against this)
  2. Keep it as a public server but require people to use their forum name if they have one (okay, but we'd need a way of enforcing it)
  3. Keep it as a public server but ask people to use their forum name if they have one (basically our current arrangement; you can always choose not to talk to someone if you don't know who they are)
  4. Verify people on the forum by giving them a custom role (a bit fiddly but certainly possible)
  5. Do 4 and then set up a verified-people-only channel (call it #TLS?)

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
It feels like the easiest option is #5. That way we can have a general channel that we can link non-forum users to as well. Everything else feels kinda cliqueish which leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I don't object to non TLS users in the chat, but people should introduce themselves properly otherwise it's like having a stranger sit down at your table in the pub when you're with your friends.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Is anyone actually doing that?

I mean the only case of confusion and awkwardness thus far was just Fangu not recognizing 1 person , and Tel being Tel for like an hour.

Doing a cursory look down the member list on the Disc i can recognize like 98% of the usernames there too. Seems like a problem that doesn't actually exist imo.

Furthermore I don't think it would be that awkward anyway? Chat services, and especially Discord are kind of freeform like that. If someone is in the TLS discord I'm comfy around them just because I know one of you guys gave them the link to get in etc.

Not gonna jump to making things awkward because "zomg i dont know your username"

I understand that there could be issues with someone being a troll but that' really really easy to catch and fix, and in with option 5 that Flint suggested all the bases seemed covered.

I'm not exactly seeing the issue here tbh.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I dunno. It's been a while since I've experienced that personally, as I hardly ever go on the chats. I know it has happened in the past though. Even pre-Tel :monster:

Ghost X

Lol? :P.

I prefer knowing who people are too, but it ain't like I'm sharing sensitive information, unless it is to those that hack my account information (see above) :P.

I have noted that my appearance in Discord seems to be compared to that of the birth of Christ in a way that it has been used as a reference point of time.

As such, I will be writing a strongly worded letter to the UN for a new calendar era system-thing. They are:

Before Telcontar Era (BTE) and Telcontar Era (TE).

I would appreciate the immediate adoption of these new terms in this forum first, to act as a sort of... testing ground for the UN, before they make their way to the mainstream.

Regards,

Elessar/Telcontar
Founder, Winning Against Naughty Kids Exploring Racks

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Stop speaking in hashtags, it makes you look stoopid :monster:

As for a button, a "wat" button would be nice, using :closedmonster:. Some channels like Facebook and Slack have 'reactions' nowadays, giving people a more varied way to make low-effort replies to comments. Might be something to look into for next forum software (ha)

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Stop speaking in hashtags, it makes you look stoopid :monster:

As for a button, a "wat" button would be nice, using :closedmonster:. Some channels like Facebook and Slack have 'reactions' nowadays, giving people a more varied way to make low-effort replies to comments. Might be something to look into for next forum software (ha)

#okay#:Sadpanda:

jacoobmiller

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jmills or Jacoob
Lol, I was just about to create a thread for a Discord... I'm happy this community is using it! Discord definitely makes life much easier.

jacoobmiller

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jmills or Jacoob
Okay, how about a music text channel for all those video game themes and soundtracks, or songs stuck in your head.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
The text chat is pretty quiet, yes. Being able to have different voice channels is awesome though. No more having to choose between calling the entire group or making a new one each time – people can just pop in and out as they like. But I don't want to be comparing it to Skype all the time because there's no reason we can't use both. I never check Skype these days but if there was a big hangout happening there I'd go back (and then have to wait half an hour to catch up on missed messages, trololol).

Okay, how about a music text channel for all those video game themes and soundtracks, or songs stuck in your head.
I feel bad because nobody responded to this. Since we don't have a lot of conversation in our server at the moment, I don't think we need extra channels. Exceptions are specific events, games, etc. Otherwise music discussion will be perfectly welcome in #chitchat. :)

But I'm not the one in charge really. Joe set it up and a few of us are admins so that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom