• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS & Mind the Pom - Thank You

RedFFWolf

Donator
I struggled for the longest time yesterday, but perhaps now I have the words to capture my appreciation, gratitude and sheer love for what was one of the most memorable weekends I've ever experienced.

Though I had plenty surrounding me to create such an overwhelming experience, it wouldn't have been the same without you lot here.

Thank you.
Thank you not only for what you have contributed to KC—from the consistent posting and hype-building, all of which made each of us all the more excited to convene—but for being so supportive as friends throughout the day.

I had been thinking about it on the plane home: why did certain people matter so much, whom I had only met for the guts of a few hours, no more? If ever there was anyone who'd scoff at the notion of valuing friends online as much as offline, they would be quick to change their mind had they been in our shoes. I imagined it like the Sims, how friendship builds onto a scale of 0-100, and online we build it up as normal but as if it's "transparent", not yet fully realised. But only when meeting face-to-face does the bar suddenly become solid, almost similar to suddenly remembering a really good friend after amnesia, that even for a first-time physical encounter the friendship bar was set at something already high. And that's partly why I, and I'm sure many, found it so difficult having to leave so soon. I'm rambling a bit, but honestly I wanna end this segment and get to the more concrete parts :lol:

The further the plane ascended, the sadder the realisation became that our time was nowhere near long enough. But I can promise you one thing: Even if it takes until KC comes back to the UK again, we will all meet again. (And while I am it, I mean this for those of you I met in Newark, too— [yeah, I'm still thinking of you folk :awesome:]

I wanted to follow suit in the Mind the Pom thread and individually list each of you, but I would only come to repeat the same, about how much I valued each encounter, no matter how brief it was for some of you—after all, every word, smile and every hug felt completely legitimate, and only made me want to spend more time with every single one of you: Ami, CrashOuch, Enrique, Fangu, Flint, Joe, Keveh, Lex, Lic, Mage, Octo, S&G, Yop. Thank you for it all. It was my pleasure to have provided in whatever way I could.
(Only separate thing I want to add is that, Enrique, I hope you see this - it was great that you were brave enough to approach us after TLS were called out at the end of the day. As we said, we look forward to when you no longer lurk on the forums and instead introduce yourself to the rest of us just as you did on the day :) - you know how welcome you will be)

I said it in the Mind the Pom thread briefly, but I have seen everyone's messages, and am deeply moved by everything said (and, especially, the inclusion on the Special Thanks page). (So, please, let's make this thread about everyone, and that this is merely my post to you folk).

And I simply do not care how mushy this was. Wasn't there agreement to ban me, regardless of your quiz victory? Ban me, all ye smellyarsefaces! :awesome: Peace x

Your friend,
Alan
Steve

123qqef.jpg

(Receiving this truly was an honour - but the greater honour was meeting you all)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I know we agreed to ban you if we didn't win the quiz but it's a bit harsh if we said we'd ban you anyway. :lol:

I love your Sims analogy. It was so great meeting people for the first time and already feeling like old friends. And I think we all made some new ones too. ^_^

It's gonna be pretty hard to beat this next time but we'll just have to try, won't we? I'd love to meet some non-European TLSers someday! In fact, I might just have to go back and re-read the Big Pom thread to catch some of that magic as well.

You and :monster: look like you're getting along famously already. Thanks again for everything.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Red did you paint your walls just for cookie monster :monster:

Pixel

The Pixie King
I think we should have our own meetup in the middle of the Atlantic ocean... or Iceland.

RedWolf, you are lovely and you did an absolutely amazing job, Kupocon was brilliant and I had a great time and the best bit was meeting all of you.

What a nice nice man you are.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I've said it before Red and I'll say it again: You are a hell of a guy and one of the nicest people on the planet. I'm glad you and yours have had such a rousing success with KupoCon and I look forward to the next time I am able to attend!

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Alan (I keep swapping between Red and Alan, I got used to calling you Alan now and we've not even met yet XD), you're one of the most sincere, kindest, friendliest chaps I've ever had the pleasure to know. Seriously, we need to throw YOU a party. Have a TLS party and you be the guest of honor :awesome:
I know you do a hell of a lot of work during these events to help make them awesome and truly special, just as you are awesome and special :properhug: I really look forward to the day I get to meet you as well. ^_^

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
I fucking love you, man. I'm so sad I can't keep hugging you. You still have ribs intact so I need another go, like, stat. <3 <3 <3

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
^ I need to meet you properly and hug you and see if we can't create a new element from INTENSE HUGS. :awesome:

RedFFWolf

Donator
Red did you paint your walls just for cookie monster :monster:

I painted those walls back in 2013. I'm assuming this must have just been destiny.

I think we should have our own meetup in the middle of the Atlantic ocean... or Iceland.

Doing it in the middle of the ocean should ensure a central enough location to accommodate both the EU & American side. Everyone from everywhere else should just be happy no one's experiencing favouritism in this regard :P

I know we agreed to ban you if we didn't win the quiz but it's a bit harsh if we said we'd ban you anyway. :lol:

Oi I voted to ban him anyway, I have a reptuation to maintain.

Ban me and I ban everyone from KC. And then you'll just be jealous I got to hit so many people at once :awesome:

Alan (I keep swapping between Red and Alan, I got used to calling you Alan now and we've not even met yet XD), you're one of the most sincere, kindest, friendliest chaps I've ever had the pleasure to know. Seriously, we need to throw YOU a party. Have a TLS party and you be the guest of honor :awesome:
I know you do a hell of a lot of work during these events to help make them awesome and truly special, just as you are awesome and special :properhug: I really look forward to the day I get to meet you as well. ^_^

Swapping between Red and Alan is fine - it's when Steve comes into the mix I begin to get a touch worried :P

Very sweet to suggest such a thing, but I'd never be capable of taking it in. Accepting Cookie Monster was like my absolute maximum of receiving.
I've got issues, it seems :D
But, seriously, as long as others are having a good time, that's all I need.

Likewise I look forward to seeing you some day :)
Some day soon.

I fucking love you, man. I'm so sad I can't keep hugging you. You still have ribs intact so I need another go, like, stat. <3 <3 <3

Who said I've all my ribs intact after that night? Haha, we tried to say bye about 4/5 times but hugged between each one and said something new.

Next time, I'll be staying for longer, before or after, and making sure I get more time with everyone :)

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Who said I've all my ribs intact after that night? Haha, we tried to say bye about 4/5 times but hugged between each one and said something new.
Me! I say that unless you're hospitalised you're in desperate need of some mammoth group hug that you may or may not survive. Love is a dangerous thing. :glomp: :no:
I know! And it still wasn't enough! Haha <3

Next time, I'll be staying for longer, before or after, and making sure I get more time with everyone :)
CAN'T WAIT!!! :excited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Swapping between Red and Alan is fine - it's when Steve comes into the mix I begin to get a touch worried :P

Very sweet to suggest such a thing, but I'd never be capable of taking it in. Accepting Cookie Monster was like my absolute maximum of receiving.
I've got issues, it seems :D
But, seriously, as long as others are having a good time, that's all I need.

Likewise I look forward to seeing you some day :)
Some day soon.

Could always call you Aleve or Stalan Yeah okay, I'll stick with Alan when I meet you, most likely :awesome:

Oh I would drag you to a party like that, you wouldn't be able to resist :monster: Party probably won't happen until we're in our 70's but, hey, better late than never.

Yussss someday soon <3 :properhug:
(As a side note, last night you were featured in my dream, for some reason coming to my cousin's house while I was there visiting, and I gave you such a big hug that was returned in equal measures! It was so awesome :D)

Also, Crash, I didn't realize you were such a cuddly lovebug. pls post more :awesome:

Top Bottom