• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS Music Club!

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Okay I've given it some good thought, and I think I've got 2 songs and one album that say 'home' to me. Nostalgia was a factor, but one of the songs and the album is something I listen to every year still.

First,
FFIX was my first FF game I ever played (though I'd seen a couple previous ones played by others!), and thus this song really resonates and reminds me of my childhood, of watching my cousin play this game and voice allllll the character lines, down in my aunt's mobile home right next door. Well, all of IX reminds me of that, but this song probably captures it the best (along with the opening theme).

Next,
This is the song I listen to off and on every year :awesome: It also gives me some really good memories back, but I feel like it better captures 'Home' because I still listen to it yearly and it's a sound very dear to my heart. It takes me away to that sunny island and I feel so content. <3

Lastly, the album, Carpenters Christmas Portrait. I didn't think of this initially but realized this is exactly the thing that speaks 'Home' to me. :lol: Probably because I've heard this album play every year during Christmas in my life so far. I think wherever I hear songs from this album play, it'll put me right with my family that I love so much, during a time of year I enjoy. <3

Now for some dance songs. Uh I could never list all the songs that hype me up and that I would/have danced to, but have a handful anyways :awesome: Seriously I dance to most anything if others are. I love dancing and acting like I know what I'm doing. :reptar:

THIS IS SO CATCHY OMG

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
20th January, 2018
theme_of_the_week.png

Acceptance (n.) - 1.) the action of consenting to receive or undertake something offered. 2.) willingness to tolerate a difficult or unpleasant situation.
Please post a song that you think exemplifies this theme (with either definition ;) ) and explain why you picked it. :)
personal_question.png

Which band or artist, dead or alive, would you give anything to see perform live?
triva.png

LAST WEEK’S TRIVIA ANSWERS:
  1. C. The Hollies
    • Radiohead themselves were successfully sued by The Hollies over Creep's similarities to The Air That I Breathe.
      Albert Hammond and Mike Hazlewood are now listed as co-writers for the song, and split royalties with the band.
      source
  2. B. Ended up hitting the floor when audience members failed to catch him, got beat up, and had valuables stolen off of him.
    • The rapper was performing to a Students Union at Stafford University on [March 4, 2009], when he decided to jump off stage into the crowd. Too bad for him, audience weren't prepared for the stage-dive and parted, sending the fallen star crashing to the ground. Shame!
      If that wasn't bad enough, the students then proceeded to strip and mob Coolio of his bling- bling, fancy-brand sneakers and his bandana. His hired beef then attempted a Whitney Houston aka The Bodyguard style rescue to save the already embarrassed performer.
      source
  3. And (Well) I got down on my knees/ And I pretend to pray.
    • These lyrics are from the folk rock classic ‘California Dreamin’ by The Mamas & The Papas.
      source

THIS WEEK’S TRIVIA
  1. Who was the first band to have an album advertised on a billboard? (You get +1 bonus point if you can name the album advertised, but will not be penalised if you guess and get it wrong!)
    A. The Rolling Stones
    B. The Doors
    C. The Who
    D. The Beatles​
  2. According to Guinness, what is the best-selling single worldwide of all time?
    A. ‘White Christmas’ by Bing Crosby
    B. ‘I Will Always Love You’ by Whitney Houston
    C. ‘Candle in the Wind’ by Elton John
    D. ‘My Heart Will Go On’ by Celine Dion​
  3. R&B singer Emeli Sande’s real name is ___, but she’s decided against using it due to the tremendous success of another artist who shares the same name.
    A. Shakira
    B. Beyoncé
    C. Madonna
    D. Adele​

Best of luck and happy posting!! :joy:

Last edited:

Ghost X

To address the theme of acceptance, gonna be boring and go with Tame Impala's Let It Happen. I think the title speaks for itself, and although I don't concentrate on the lyrics, it doesn't seem like any subversive trickery is going on :P. Seems to speak of going along with the flow, and get carried away by the cyclone of life, which is an acceptance of sorts. Another song from the same album also deals with a kind of acceptance in regards to a breakdown of a relationship or something along those lines, Eventually.

I don't think there is a single band that I'd do anything to see perform live. Back when my favourite band was Led Zeppelin, I was actually in the UK when they did a reunion show, and I didn't go to see it (doesn't help that all the tickets were sold in a split second :P). However, the closest thing to it now would be Pink Floyd :P. Half the issue with a lot of bands is they sound suckier when playing live, but I actually prefer live versions of Pink Floyd's songs to studio recordings in a lot of instances.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Spoopily, as I read the theme, this is what I had playing:
, which I think fits pretty nicely, specifically the line 'If I can live through this, I can do anything' kinda embodies a feeling of acceptance, I reckon.

If I could see any band live, it would be Chevelle. I love them very much and if I could have a chat with them or something then that would be even more awesome. Probably that's a boring answer :lol: but I don't care.

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
When I thought about "acceptance", I thought about Damaged by Plumb. The meaning of the song is pretty dark, but there's the idea of accepting it happened and hope and healing at the end. Plumb also re-did the song with a, uh, religious epilogue which has an

As for who I'd like to see live, I'm not big on seeing people live. I've been to Distant Worlds and War of the Worlds but I'm fine listening to the studio versions of the tracks. Regarding Pink Floyd, I will say that I was never that impressed with the music I heard but I once saw a recording of their live stuff and was pleasently surprised. My favourite band for their live music is Daft Punk though. Listening to Alive 2007 after listening to their previous work is a true gem. It's a continuous mix and mashup of their stuff that just works so well because of their memorable samples. The audience reaction when they introduce a sample from another song!!

aaad

Pro Adventurer
I'm going to have to be boring and repeat what I posted first for "most played" because I cannot think of anything more fitting for the theme of acceptance (that I listen to anyway):
I highly recommend listening to it all but the most chilling part for me is from 13:10 onwards (IMHO it's much more effective when in context of the whole movement). I'm too lazy to properly write out so Imma copy+paste what I wrote about it from before:

"Everyone has their own interpretation, but Shost wrote this whole symphony at a time where if he wrote the wrong thing, the Russian state would kill him for going against them. This whole symphony is huge propaganda but when played the way Shost intended, is actually reverse propaganda against the state (though it wasn't premiered this way, or he would have been killed). The 3rd movement is an extremely desolate one, very thin, cold and lonely. He was eessentially banking on this one being his final work and that he was going to be killed for it in the end, but eventually, he accepts it and goes to resign himself to his fate peacefully. This can be felt from 13:10 onwards where the piece,
whilst minor thoughout, ends on a very beautiful major chord."

-----

I would give anything to be able to go back in time and listen to
. I mean, the recording is there but it just isn't the same...not to me at least. This is one of my favourite piano pieces. When I play it, I take a much more relaxed and sensitive approach and try to emphasise the emptiness of the first and last passages. Listening to the composer play it himself, it's such a different feel to how I personally imagine it but that's what I find so beautiful, that that is how it was originally supposed to be - that original thought is what the piece was born from. I find that absolutely beautiful how different people interpret music differently and for different reasons.

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
Ugh, Ghost, such a great track from Tame Impala!

Acceptance -

This song has gotten me through some hard shit and has seen a lot of ugly cries, and it details her dealing with her brother's death and coping through what she sees of him through her daughter.

Which band or artist, dead or alive, would you give anything to see perform live?

Queen, in their peak circa 1975 or so. That would be the concert of my life.

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
27th January 2018
theme_of_the_week.png

Creepy (adj.) - causing an unpleasant feeling of fear or unease
Please post a song that you think exemplifies this theme and explain why you picked it. :)
personal_question.png

What is your favourite song that isn't sung in your native language(s)?
triva.png

1. B. The Doors - The Doors
    • Jac Holzman of Elektra Records was the first one to try this advertising medium: for $1,200 a month, he reserved a sign near the Chateau Marmont hotel , and inaugurated it with the Doors, who had been the house band at the Whisky a Go Go down the street. Holzman reasoned that L.A. disc jockeys would see the sign on their way to work, saying the billboard was "a calling card for the artist, but it was a very large calling card."
      source
  2. A. ‘White Christmas’ by Bing Crosby
    • according to Guinness World Records, "White Christmas" (1942) by Bing Crosby is the best-selling single worldwide, with estimated sales of over 50 million copies.
      source
  3. D. Adele
    • Born Adele Sandé in Aberdeen
      source
THIS WEEK’S TRIVIA:
  1. Which of the following is NOT one of Kendrick Lamar’s many nicknames?
    A. K Dot
    B. Kung-Fu Kenny
    C. K Drizzle
    D. King Kunta​
  2. Name the first artist/band to release an album exclusively on the internet.
    A. Kanye West
    B. Radiohead
    C. Prince
    D. Rihanna
  3. To date, what Broadway musical has grossed the most money?
    A. Les Misérables
    B. Wicked
    C. The Lion King
    D. The Phantom of the Opera
Pardon the delay! Been a weird weekend. Thank you and happy posting. <3

Last edited:

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Ooohhhhh creepy songs I got in spades!

And I don't know about songs in other languages. I can't think of any, really, too spoilt with choice as a native English speaker, I guess. :monster:

Ghost X

Songs that evoke unpleasantness, eh? That's hard. Not just a general sad song, but an unpleasant one, suggesting an element of pain and tragedy or whatever. Maybe King Crimson's Fallen Angel (can't find any decent version of it on Youtube). Begins nice enough, but gets darker toward the end. Nothing else comes to mind.

Edit: Oh, shi-. Got caught up on the definition, and not on the "creepy" aspect. Well, uh... Marilyn Manson's version of This is Halloween as an appetiser. Then you have the Police's Every Breath you Take because it is the anthem of stalkers :P.

Favourite foreign language song? I have a preference for listening to Melody Prochet, but don't think her french language songs are particularly super amazing. Rammstein's Ich Tu Dir Weh is a nice simple pop song to consume. Yelle's Boquet Final is like smooth caramel poured through my ear holes. Then, but of course, there is also the best song of all time, and some Edith Piaf and luftballoons :awesome:.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Ghost X;775852Rammstein's [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxuEtL7gxoM" said:
Ich Tu Dir Weh[/URL] is a nice simple pop song to consume.

It also fits the creepy description, translates to "I hurt you", :monster:. Rammstein's got some weird ass songs like that.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Oh crud I missed an entire week and forgot to post the week before that. :okay:

I've got some catching up to do. That's allowed, right?

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Mais si, absolutement~ You can post about any past personal questions and themes. I have some catching up to do, myself. :p

The only thing no one can ‘catch up on’ is trivia (for obvious reasons) :p

I also want to listen to everyone’s everything. ‘Nother reason I haven’t posted.

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
Creepy music isn't usually enjoyable for me, but I was impressed with the atmosphere of the Mansion of Madness track from TimeSplitters enough that I keep it in my collection. Apparently it's influenced by The Shining's OST.

For creepy-ish sounding tracks I like All Evils of the World from Fate/stay Night, Back to the Night from Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, and the Great Northern Cave from Advent Children.

Lyrically speaking, most of Emilie Autumn's stuff qualifies.

Foreign language songs: I was going to post a selection but I had trouble finding some on youtube, and other's anywhere: But here's a Russian song Origa - &#1092;&#1091;&#1102;&#1091; &#1102;&#1084;&#1101;.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Me responding to everyone’s everything. Idk if folks caaaaare that much but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WEEK OF 13 JAN 2018
Don't have any song that reminds me of home, like the house I live in, so I will caffeinate my heavily sedated nationalist self, bricked away in some dark corner of my mind, and post some tunes I like that refer to Australia.

Hahahahaha, what a great sentence. Of everything you post re: home theme, I liked Island Home best, though Beds are Burning is uber catchy.

Idk but ‘Great Southern Land’ made me feel nervous at some point. Like I was about to be attacked. I liked ‘Treaty’! Gave me Bob Marley Protest Song vibes.

Anything with a rhythm, so I can do my white man dancing. I literally can't think of anything at the moment.

XD

Besides that, I guess I wanna learn how to do the traditional kind of dances, and The Blue Danube might be the best to waltz to, perhaps followed by Waltz of the Flowers:awesome:.

Awesome! I didn’t know that! I’d like to take a class in that myself. Cuz why not, seems fun!

WEEK OF 20 JAN 2018
To address the theme of acceptance, gonna be boring and go with Tame Impala's Let It Happen. I think the title speaks for itself, and although I don't concentrate on the lyrics, it doesn't seem like any subversive trickery is going on :P. Seems to speak of going along with the flow, and get carried away by the cyclone of life, which is an acceptance of sorts. Another song from the same album also deals with a kind of acceptance in regards to a breakdown of a relationship or something along those lines, Eventually.

Oi, really, really enjoyed both tracks. Lol, every time you post a link to Tame Impala, you make me feel silly for having not listened through the albums I already own of theirs. :P What’s your fave Tame Impala album?

Half the issue with a lot of bands is they sound suckier when playing live, but I actually prefer live versions of Pink Floyd's songs to studio recordings in a lot of instances.

Jajaja, I used to ‘test’ artists by seeing how they sounded live, and if it wasn’t decent I’d ‘abandon’ them. Oi!

WEEK OF 27 JAN 2018
Favourite foreign language song? I have a preference for listening to Melody Prochet, but don't think her french language songs are particularly super amazing. Rammstein's Ich Tu Dir Weh is a nice simple pop song to consume. Yelle's Boquet Final is like smooth caramel poured through my ear holes. Then, but of course, there is also the best song of all time, and some Edith Piaf and luftballoons:awesome:.

I looooved the sound of Ich Tu Dir Weh! AND VITAS. O_O

Haha, 99 luftballons will always have a special place in my heart cuz that’s one of my mums favourite songs. Grew up hearing that one.

Also LMAO @ you picking ‘Every Breath You Take’ for one of the ‘creepy’ songs. XD

WEEK OF 13 JAN 2018

An absolutely amazing symphonic arrangement of most of the music from FFVII - I binged this second movement so much that it feels like a part of my soul, which is why I'd say I get a sense of belonging listening to it. Skip to 6:07 for my absolute favourite part of the entire three-movement symphony. The whole concert is extremely amazing, so I urge you all to check it out as FFVII fans :3

AAAAAHHHH 100/10. <3

WEEK OF 20 JAN 2018
Tehehe, I was wondering if you were going to repost the Shostakovich bit because I thought that it perfectly exemplified that already. :P

Ooooiiii, love this bit you say here.
This is one of my favourite piano pieces. When I play it, I take a much more relaxed and sensitive approach and try to emphasise the emptiness of the first and last passages. Listening to the composer play it himself, it's such a different feel to how I personally imagine it but that's what I find so beautiful, that that is how it was originally supposed to be - that original thought is what the piece was born from. I find that absolutely beautiful how different people interpret music differently and for different reasons.

<3 <3 <3 That’s part of what makes music such a beautiful thing, universal language. You bring your own beliefs and emotions and history into these songs and totally transform them. It’s something different for everyone. Bit like literature, I daresay.

WEEK OF 13 JAN 2018[/B]
I used to put on
some mornings, and now whenever I listen to it, it reminds me of sitting by the pool on a chilly Saturday morning, trying to catch the sun and watching leaves and other bits float by with a cuppa coffee in my lap.

So glad you’ve opened my eyes to this gem(╥﹏╥)

Holy shit B I lost my shit listening to your dance track list XD soooooo goooooooood. I was laying in bed during the whole thing so I couldn’t dance, but I did waddle my butt back and forth. Move Your Feet is so perfect, I’ll never get sick of it. I forget the first time I heard, but it’s stuck with me ever since.

Omgomg American Boy was my jam. I used to duet that with one of my old school mates.

Earth, Wind, & Fire videos LOL

Beyoncé giving me a heart attack in the music video, why is she so close to the railing?? I’m caught between getting a lady boner and fearing for her life. I am dying for all the wrong reasons.

Sorta unrelated, but I think someone was recently shitting on Sean the Paul like on discord or sommat. Lol, it was a funny conversation.

Bahaha sister’s act.

WEEK OF 20 JAN 2018
Ugh, Ghost, such a great track from Tame Impala!

Acceptance -

Brrrrruuuh I wasn’t ready for the kid singing, got me fucked up. TT__TT

ALSO YOU ALREADY KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THE BAND YOU CHOSE TO SEE LIVE.

WEEK OF 13 JAN 2018
I don't have anything that makes me thing about my house, where I live, or those around me. But the theme did make me think of
, and not just because it's one letter off "home"! "Hope" is a track composed by Jun Maeda on the Tomoyo After soundtrack, a visual novel and part-sequel to Clannad. The themes of the visual novels, and in particular Tomoyo's character, I associate with the concept of "home". This vocal version is a hidden gem found as a bonus track on her vocaloid's album.

Lovely! I don’t listen to the sorts of selections that you’ve been posting, like, at all, you’ve been broadening my horizons a bit :P

‘Everywhere’ was probably my fave dance track of the three!

WEEK OF 20 JAN 2018
When I thought about "acceptance", I thought about Damaged by Plumb. The meaning of the song is pretty dark, but there's the idea of accepting it happened and hope and healing at the end. Plumb also re-did the song with a, uh, religious epilogue which has an

Ha, hat song was making me sad, but then the ending happened so yay tehehe. Kinda like how you said it would. :wacky:

Brrrrrruuuuuh take me with you to that Daft Punk concert aah!! \o/

WEEK OF 27 JAN 2018
Foreign language songs: I was going to post a selection but I had trouble finding some on youtube, and other's anywhere: But here's a Russian song Origa - фуюу юмэ.
Brrrrrrruuuuh this is like honey for my ears, I loooooove the strong vibrato (that’s the term eh??) that she has going on.

Oi, of all the creepy songs, I think the TimeSplitters song definitely exemplifies the theme best. Good selections though!

WEEK OF 13 JAN 2018
Ha, of all the tracks, I found myself grooving to the most to Midnight to Midnight.

has also come to hold those homey vibes for me as well, cos it's so damn chill and awesome, plus a ton of fun to sing along to.

Omggggg I’ve never heard this track before, but I think I’ve found my new fave?? I can fucks with this.

WEEK OF 20 JAN 2018
Spoopily, as I read the theme, this is what I had playing:
, which I think fits pretty nicely, specifically the line 'If I can live through this, I can do anything' kinda embodies a feeling of acceptance, I reckon.

Hahah! That this track was playing when you read the theme is too perfect XD.

T_T D’awww, I hope you get the chance to see Chevelle one of these days! Do they tour the UK often? I didn’t even realise they were based in America lmao.

WEEK OF 27 JAN 2018
Ooh, this was probably my fav of everything, I can fucks with this. <3
LMAO!! Yeah, agreed, the Chevelle song is a wee possessive :P

‘Don’t say you’re happy out there without me, I know you can’t be, cuz it’s no good.’ O_O (:<

WEEK OF 13 JAN 2018
Next,
This is the song I listen to off and on every year :awesome: It also gives me some really good memories back, but I feel like it better captures 'Home' because I still listen to it yearly and it's a sound very dear to my heart. It takes me away to that sunny island and I feel so content. <3

Omggggg, this is one of my favourite tracks off FFX’s OST TT__TT Don’t know why, but it always gets me tearing up!! I guess it’s one of those ‘so beautiful it makes you cry’ things.

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!! Omgg this is my shit <3 When our magical meeting happens, I’m going to be blasting this on a boombox as I’m moonwalking to you. With shades on, of course. :P

I’M JUST GONNA SAY CTHULU’S IS SCARY AND I HAD A FEELING HE’D PICK A GOOD’UN.

Also, my shit:

I chose two songs, both of which need context.

is a precious little piece about Noname coming to terms with her abortion. I didn’t realise what this song was about initially, but now I always fucking tear up when she sings, 'You my baby, you my baby/I’m your baby, I’m your baby.'

is also a song that has moved me to tears. In spite of all that Kendrick has endured in the narrative of this album, he makes a promise to rise above the violence and death that he’s seen and taken part in. For me, personally, this song is all about self-love and self-affirmation. I find myself singing this bit as a sort of reminder that I’m worth ‘it’...whatever ‘it’ may be in my life at that moment. :P Giving it a listen has helped me to endure/accept some of the more rotten things in life more than once.

‘I do what I wanna do
I say what I wanna say when I feel and I
Look in the mirror and know I’m there
Put my hands in the air
I’m proud to say, yeah, I’m real.’

B STOLE MY ANSWER.
latest

OF COURSE I’D WANT TO SEE THE GREATEST FRONTMAN IN THE HISTORY OF ROCK LIVE ;____;

jk lmfaolmfaolmfaoooooooo

Had to give this one a thought. Caught between two songs.

, creeped me out cuz it sounds eerie. I always imagine that someone’s trapped in a room somewhere being told they can’t get out.

, some of you lot might have heard this because I’m pretty sure it comes free with one of the installments of itunes?? I forget where the hell this track came from...all I know is that it’s always been in my itunes. The first time I listened to it, I felt physically nauseated. I still get a bit sick listening to it. I can’t even explain why. Someone about that guitar coming in at 3:32 just had me feeling like I was about to die the first time I listened to this song. It sounds totally harmless, too, idk what it is about this track. Why body? Why mind?

Anyway, I haven’t deleted it cuz I have a love/hate relationship with it.

Definitely
, specifically the version with what I’ve dubbed the ‘prelude’. It’s gorgeous and Shinji Sato, the lead singer, charms the pants right off of me. I’m pretty sure this is my second most played song on itunes.

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
3 February 2018
theme_of_the_week.png

Adventure (n.) - 1. an unusual and exciting, typically hazardous, experience or activity 2. daring and exciting activity calling for enterprise and enthusiasm.

Please post a song that you think exemplifies this theme (with either definition ;) ) and explain why you picked it. :)

personal_question.png

What song do you listen to in order to get energised/pumped up?

triva.png

LAST WEEK&#8217;S TRIVIA ANSWERS:
  1. C. K Drizzle
    • He is referred to as K Dizzle, however. :P
      source
  2. C. Prince
    • Prince was the first major artist to distribute an album exclusively online, though he later decided to release the record on disc.
      source
  3. C. The Lion King
    • In April of 2012, &#8220;The Lion King&#8221; surpassed &#8220;Phantom of the Opera&#8221; as the highest-grossing musical on Broadway.
      source

THIS WEEK&#8217;S TRIVIA:
  1. What was the first song to be performed in outer space?
    A. &#8216;Amazing Grace&#8217;
    B. &#8216;Happy Birthday To You&#8217;
    C. &#8216;Twinkle Twinkle Little Star&#8217;
    D. &#8216;Hot Cross Buns&#8217;
  2. Which band (collectively and individually) holds the record for most covers on Rolling Stone?

A. The Who
    B. The Rolling Stones
    C. The Velvet Underground
    D. The Beatles
  3. Which Beatle was rumoured to have died in 1966 and was replaced by a double named William Campbell (+1 bonus for naming the supposed cause of death)?
    A. John Lennon
    B. George Harrison
    C. Paul McCartney
    D. Ringo Starr

Last edited:

Ghost X

Adventure songs. Hard theme, that or my mind has gone blank in these testing conditions :awesome:. Don't wanna pick anything too cliché either, to make the answer a bit more interesting. I can only think of songs that I would associate with adventure based on subjective experiences. I get around by the Beach Boys would be one for example given its role in Flight of the Navigator which plays when they're flying a space ship :P. I think a lot of surf music would probably evoke similar feelings in me due to this (not that I'd play it if I were travelling myself). I was very young when I first watch this film too, and was one of my favourites back in the day. Love Shack by the B-52s I think has a similar vibe. It was also number 1 in the Australian billboard chart for 8 weeks, and I just recall hearing it in the car on the radio a lot as a kid :P.

As for songs to energise me with, I'd totally play Orchid's Theme from the recent Killer Instinct game as an exercise song, despite it pretty much being a female power anthem :P. If you asked me a few years ago, I'd have probably mentioned a few dubstep songs, but that got old quick, didn't it :P. Besides that, I can't really think of any songs to pump me up. My effort rather goes into finding songs that calm me down and medicate me from the evils of this world :P. Pendulum's remix of The Prodigy's Voodoo People I'll add to the list however :awesome:.

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
Ghost, Love Shack by the B-52s is my jam!

--Last week's theme I hadn't addressed--

Creepy: To the point where I would skip this song every time I went out on a run after dark, though I kind of can't stop listening to it.

Favourite song not sung in my native language:

I have a few, but let's choose one for the sake of minimalism (lmao says me who posted 149738 dance songs in the last theme): This particular live rendition of
will probably never cease to amaze me, not only for introducing me to the genius world of Japanese acid jazz but also because the lead vocalist, Shiina Ringo, oozes charisma onstage with her kooky vocal style.

--Moving onto this week's theme--

Adventure: There was a time during my solo travels where I took a train going as far as I could, taking the plunge and going nowhere in particular. With my earphones in,
came on by coincidence and from then on it kind of became my theme song for the rest of the trip. I'm now always reminded of that time - the freedom of not knowing what was ahead.

What song do you listen to in order to get energised/pumped up?

THIS TUNE GETS ME
RILED
THE
FUCK
UP
BOOM

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
Adventure: Obligatory soundtrack choice
. Appropriate considering the game's name, man it's just awesome music for the start of adventure. Also

Songs to get energised to - sorry, couldn't pick one :p, so here's a bunch from different electronic genres:
-Dubstep: 15k (Skrux Remix) by Bone N Skin
-Trance: Another You, Another Me by Lange vs. Gareth Emery
-Drum & Bass: The Fountain by Pendulum ft. Steven Wilson
-Hard Trance: Forever by Alphazone
-Hardstyle: Life is Calling (Wasted Penguinz Remix) by JoeySuki & Kill The Buzz
-Hard...core dance/trance???: Aiii Shot the DJ by Scooter
-Electro???: Tonight by TwoThirds ft. Hollly Drummond
-... EDM: Satellites by Jurgen Vries ft. Bo Bruce

And I would be remiss to not mention anything on the Aldnoah.Zero soundtrack, because while I question whether the show was actually good, the music kept me pumped up when watching it anyway!

Cacti

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Kanthos, Cacti Kanth
Fancy is out of town at the moment and her internet connection is really spotty so she's unable to post the next weekly update for the music club since it keeps timing out on her. So she's asked me to post it on her behalf!

Here it is, the next post! \o/:

A•N•N•O•U•C•E•M•E•N•T
Holy shite!

So I didn’t post last week because I wanted to give the Kupocon folks a chance to play catch up (big difference that made :monster:) and then Chinese New Year happened and the festivities threw me in for a loop, so much so that I am A WHOLE DAY AND 3 HOURS LATE -and I haven’t updated the scoreboard in a while:

Sorry about that! I’ll get my shit straight soon enough and it’ll be back to our regular scheduling!

Without further ado

18, February 2018
theme_of_the_week.png

Madness (n.) - 1. the state of being mentally ill, especially severely 2 a state of frenzied or chaotic activity.

Please post a song that you think exemplifies this theme and explain why you picked it. :)

personal_question.png

What is your favourite verse or single lyric?

triva.png

1. FREEBIE
    • Whilst researching this answer, I came across different sources that credit ‘Happy Birthday To You” as the first song played in outer space with ‘Jingle Bells’ being credited as the first song performed. Sorry!
  2. Rolling Stone[/I]? ]
    D. The Beatles
    • ”The Beatles, together or individually, have been on our cover more than thirty times; the Rolling Stones, in various configurations, twenty-three. Bob Dylan has appeared thirteen times (note to self: more Dylan!), Bruce Springsteen a dozen, Jimi Hendrix ten, Madonna ten.”
      source
  3. C. Paul McCartney
    • In the Fall of 1969 a rumor swept around the world alleging that Paul McCartney, singer and bassist for the Beatles, was dead. In fact, that he had died three years ago on November 9, 1966 in a fiery car crash while heading home from the EMI recording studios. Supposedly the surviving band members, fearful of the effect his death might have on their careers, secretly replaced him with a double named William Campbell (an orphan who had won a Paul McCartney lookalike contest in Edinburgh). However, they also planted clues in their later albums to let fans know the truth, that Paul was dead.
      source

THIS WEEK’S TRIVIA:
  1. What is the stage name of pop musician Gordon Matthew Summer?
    A. Sting
    B. Dangermouse
    C. Seal
    D. G-Dragon
  2. Guns n’ Roses guitarist, Slash, was born where?
    A. Hampshire, England
    B. Stoke, England
    C. Hampstead, London
    D. Morden, London
  3. Inside the CD booklet of the Coldplay album ‘X&Y’, the Baudot code spells out what?
    A. ‘One Sky’
    B. ‘Fair Trade’
    C. ‘Free Humanity’
    D. ‘Dark Universe’

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Theme of the Week:

In the Hall of the Mountain King, it's the classical answer but it ain't wrong.

Personal Question:

From "All Along the Watchtower":

No reason to get excited
The thief he kindly spoke
There are many here among us
Who feel that life is but a joke
But, uh, but you and I, we've been through that
And this is not our fate
So let us stop talkin' falsely now
The hour's getting late, hey

Trivia:

1A, 2A, 3C

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Oh lord. I've got some dank fucking autism in the madness section, :monster:

Anaal Nathrakh, because this guy needs a strait jacket.
Can't find a proper album link but, Lozenge is out there.
FAST AND BULBOUS! featuring randomness followed by dank raving madness.
Mike Patton is batshit too, lost his marbles a long time ago. Didn't lose his voice though, he's got a seven octave range (G2 to F#7, although he could probably go lower if you count gruns and shit :monster: ) and a dank tl;dr discography

And of course Hey There Cthulhu, with dank mad laughter :monster:

Ghost X

Only songs I can find about madness are a bit too well known for my liking, so I went with a David Bowie song I was not too familiar with :P. All the Madmen.

Favourite lyrics? I never pay attention to them, so this is really hard. Ask me the question next week and I'd probably come up with something different :P. If I were to make a formula for determining best lyrics in my view, it would be something that has many layers of meaning (at least three layers :P), perhaps succinctly crafted in as few words as possible, with those words being cleverly chosen. So if others want to suggest lyrics for me that fit such, go ahead :awesome:.

Top Bottom