• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Concept art from art gallery

Lex

Administrator
You mean these?

JUNBIN21a.png

JUNBIN22a.png

I got excited for a minute but I think we're 100% at a stage where it's the president's desk on floor 70. This part of Junon (as with most of Junon) has that war bunker design to it. The building in the concept art is too shiny.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
:lol: Why the fuck did I think it had red carpet???

While I agree that the most likely answer is the top floor of Shinra HQ, the more that I stare at our only photo of the artwork the more things I see and don't see. :wacky: I feel like I'm doing a rorschach test as I'm observing all the zoomed-in smudges.

Lex

Administrator
That's what I did with the president's office! It has red curtains though, so it's not too much of a memory fuck on your part :monster:

EDIT: Ninja'd. Yeah Shad same, we really just need the Japanese FF fans to deliver some forbidden phone snaps :D. I'm looking forward to finishing work tomorrow, hoping we have higher quality by then. The two higher quality ones we do have are already amazing. I particularly want to see that one we were talking about yesterday.

donkeyjack

Pro Adventurer
Tokyo and surrounding areas have been hit with a blizzard, so it's not very surpising if not many people have attended the thing yet.
I was lucky just to get home, and now we're basically all snowed down. My house looks like it was ripped out of Icicle Inn.

Ah, hell. That freaking blows.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I don't feel like that would suit the aesthetic. Like someone else said: Junon is a military base. They wouldn't bother trying to decorate a command base like that. It's functionality first with Junon, especially with how the entire city can basically shut down during an attack.

ShinRa's office however is a pure ego thing. Pretty sure the man lives in that office.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Where DOES the President live?? Some kind of swank, Sector 0 apartment? Its weird to think of such a thing, since the only residences we do see are homes (often old-timey), the Inns, and people living in like, tents in some of the shitty areas. Always thought Johnny's home was greatly character-establishing. If they go that into specific, obscure detail thats something id like to see in the RM

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Where DOES the President live?? Some kind of swank, Sector 0 apartment? Its weird to think of such a thing, since the only residences we do see are homes (often old-timey), the Inns, and people living in like, tents in some of the shitty areas. Always thought Johnny's home was greatly character-establishing. If they go that into specific, obscure detail thats something id like to see in the RM

According to recent Compilation canon, the sectors are divided by economic class, with 8 being poorest, 1 being richest. That's probably why Sector 1 was their target, since hitting the sector that uses the most mako would cause the most damage to ShinRa.

But yeah, I kinda feel like President ShinRa just lives there, but they didn't really think about that. One of the many hand-waiving moments when trying to think of an FF world as inhabited by actual people who need to eat, sleep and excrete.

Can I buy a cup of ramen, and a roll of toilet paper? No! But I got a great deal on this giant sword!

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I was under the impression that the elite lived on the plate where they could feel sunlight on their skin (seemed like a rich privilege despite Midgar and the surrounding terrain being dead-looking). Ofc with the scale of the game in 1997 that would've been difficult to get across.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I was under the impression that the elite lived on the plate where they could feel sunlight on their skin (seemed like a rich privilege despite Midgar and the surrounding terrain being dead-looking). Ofc with the scale of the game in 1997 that would've been difficult to get across.

If the teaser is anything to go by, Midgar never sees full daylight, and is constantly in overcast from either really shitty weather patterns or perpetual population output.

No, the advantage of the plate is just not being in the slums, where all the toxic mako waste and monsters are.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I don't know what about the teaser suggests that the plate doesn't receive daylight. It shows more sunlight than the original game ever did.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite

If the teaser is anything to go by, Midgar never sees full daylight, and is constantly in overcast from either really shitty weather patterns or perpetual population output.

No, the advantage of the plate is just not being in the slums, where all the toxic mako waste and monsters are.

It’s really not that out-there of an idea, especially when you look at polluted cities today.

Edit: re Shinra HQ: I suppose my issue is that the walk-up to the desk feels like a trench, rather than the big wide open floor of the OG. When I think of that old room I can hear the click of a shoe, but in the new pic I can’t.

Last edited:

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I don't know what about the teaser suggests that the plate doesn't receive daylight. It shows more sunlight than the original game ever did.

I said full daylight. With the exception of the ending, we have never seen Midgar with an entirely clear sky. It's always either pitchblack night time, nighttime with green ambience, or daytime with grey overcast.

Point being that it's not exactly a luxurious thing to pay to look for, whereass paying to not live in a toxic wasteland is the bigger appeal.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...-Remake.png/revision/latest?cb=20150617100733

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...-Remake.png/revision/latest?cb=20150617101731

The air quality is so bad that buildings start losing clarity just from height alone, never mind distance. Midgar lives in a giant low-hanging cloud of pollution.

And yeah, there are some terrible cities in the Middle East and India that look even worse. http://readnlove.com/11-polluted-cities-world/

Yeah, if Meteor or JENOVA wasn't going to get you, just living in Midgar's 'open' air would probably give you cancer by 60. Life expectancy in the slum must be even worse.

The new office layout makes sense. There's too much open space to maneuver, and too many blindspots for someone to hide if they wanted to assassinate the president in his own office. This bottlenecks any visitors, forcing themselves to be visible.

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Tokyo and surrounding areas have been hit with a blizzard, so it's not very surpising if not many people have attended the thing yet.
I was lucky just to get home, and now we're basically all snowed down. My house looks like it was ripped out of Icicle Inn.

That'll do it. Hadn't checked the weather situation... in hindsight perhaps that would've been a good idea.

Glad you were able to get home safely.

Hopefully once everything's cleared and the weather's better, we'll have some new photos (or maybe they'll release some online after the event?).

B took some new photos for us! :D

ALL HAIL B! OUR HERO!

The zoom is incredible if you open these images in a separate window. Many new details are now revealed!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i like how the last one manages to get a little 'no photography' sign in there as they are taking a picture

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
Ah, loving the detail on Shinra's office. It looks a lot more spacious than I first thought as well.

So that one between the President's office and Biggs etc. was Sector 6?! Metallic hand thing and crane. I'm really happy that they're thinking about including that screen. Maybe there's hope for Hell House too :monster:

Edit: How did I miss the comparison pics for Sector 6 in Radigar's post?! Ignore me :P

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Ah, loving the detail on Shinra's office. It looks a lot more spacious than I first thought as well.

Agreed

So that one between the President's office and Biggs etc. was Sector 6?! Metallic hand thing

Ohhh you're right! That hand thing was definitely not a detail I expected to get picked up.

And now we know that's definitely Aerith in her house :D

Top Bottom