Concept art from art gallery

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
Looks like there's Heidegger beside President Shinra with Reeve standing in the front.
In that hi-res shot, those things behind the President's desk make much more sense now. You can even see a chopper floating just outside of the window.

Also, good catch on the crane and the robo-hand! It kind of looks weird for that broken sector 6 street having a roof. Seems like it used to be a freeway tunnel.
Is that Wall Market in the background? Looks weird in a way. Buildings seem too tall. Maybe a new area?

And there's a TV in Aerith's home. I wonder if it's still in use.
That thing some were thinking looks like Barret is actually a stove.

As Chip noticed, we also see Aerith tending to the flowers in the church.

Thanks again for posting the hi-res shots, Shad!

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
image.jpg

MDS6_1_part5.png

Seeing this one more clearly now it looks absolutely phenomenal. I love that they kept the massive robot hand and the crane. I just cannot overstate how exciting this is, because it shows that the weird little things from the OG are still being kept. Even with all the updates, I love that they're not glossing over the super weird shit.

I can't wait to fight Hell Houses and other crazy things.

X :neo:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
^Exactly!

And there's a TV in Aerith's home. I wonder if it's still in use.

That TV was there in FF7, too.

And it's interesting, as this one in the art work looks similar to it, named, a tube TV. I wonder how that plays into our previous discussions as to whether this game will look more futuristic like in Crisis Core or more anachronistic 90s. Now, this is the slums, so they might just have older TVs, but interesting nonetheless.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
The computers in the President's office look to be fat-back ones too (lol I don't know the technical term) instead of flat-screens.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Now that I'm back from work, and I can look at these pictures on something bigger than my tiny phone, my thoughts and speculations

1. Aerith's church: I mean, it's very pretty, but I can't comment on it since of all the Midgar locations, this is the one we've probably seen the most of in an unaltered form. It's appeared in Advent Children and Crisis Core as a staple landmark. It's always truck me how much natural light Sector 6 seems able to get compared to Sector 7. I'm very curious about the finalized geography of Midgar

2. ShinRa Office: Okay, I'm gonna address the elephant in the room: That is President ShinRa Sr there, and he's gone from a mauve suit to a black/blue suit...All he needs is a red or orange tie and well....ahem anyways.

That low joke aside, the thing about this office that strikes me is zooming in, you can see what looks like monitors on either side of the room.

The one on the right doesn't look familiar...but the one on the left looks a shade too much like another part of Midgar we've seen. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...-Remake.png/revision/latest?cb=20150617100733

Could just be my eyes desperately trying to make sense of it. It's an absurdly small detail to put into hand-drawn concept art...unless they REALLY want to go big with just how much power ShinRa Inc has if it's own president takes the time to spy on the day to day events of his citizens.

The monitors behind the desk are another detail from the game. Only a few side-angle shots show it but he does have four monitors.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...m-crop/width/480/height/480?cb=20130504190335

3. Sector 6 highway: Holy...moly. That's tiny little Cloud right there on the left. There's gonna be some at least low-level platforming going on in this game. On the left side you can side some worn out pavement writing with an arrow pointing up.

Since neither the robot hand or the crane are in their original locations, I'd be inclined to guess that the cityscape we see is the Sector 5 slum town. If the art means they're trying that hard to be accurate to the original game's aesthetic, we would HAVE to see the sector 6 park too, and it's nowhere to be seen. It would make sense that as a mainly residential area, people would built ontop of each other to make the best out of the limited spaces in the slums that are relatively habitable, like the training hall in Sector 7.
But the biggest thing that strikes me about this, and what I had hoped would carry from the initial trailer is the sense of verticality. Everything is just so friggen BIG and full of detail.

Last edited:

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, I don't think we're going back any further than mid 2000s, or most post-millenials are going to wonder why people are talking into tv remotes.

This gets a little funky because Crisis Core features computers that are modern inspired, such as Lazard's office.

http://i.imgur.com/q088IjL.jpg

I want to squint a little more at the office picture just to see if we're not looking at those two computer monitors in the Prez' office wrong.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
The possibilities open to SE calling back to 90s relics with the slums while maintaining the futuristic technology of Crisis Core with the Shinra Building/Upper Plates is absolutely exciting. It could be used to represent the class division between the two.

Just concept art and I’m already finding it difficult to stay on task due to my fandom. I’m gonna be a wreck when a trailer drops again.

Hope they'll stick with the 90s vibe.

No flip phone or smart phone shit, I wanna see this:

latest
Episode Yuffie already revealed that the PHS was old tech when they used it, so I have no problem seeing the PHS side-by-side with the flip phones. :monster:

Yuffie took out the PHS she had been using for her entire journey and put it to her ear. There was no answer. She had no choice and double checked the number saved inside the memory. Then she took Yuri’s phone and entered it. Someone picked up not long afterwards.

“Tell me something interesting, Nanaki,” Yuffie began to speak in a small voice.

“Hmmm—” Nanaki thought. “Oh yeah. I got a new mobile phone. I was told the PHS was really dated. When I returned to Midgar with Cloud and the others, they gave me one. It should have been paid for but the manager at a phone shop was giving out all the ones he could for free. He thought people would be too worried if they couldn’t contact anyone during these hard times. He’s a nice person.”
- Source

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
....Can we just pause to enjoy the moment where we try to imagine how Red XIII somehow carrying around a mobile phone and USING it?

Gaian tech may be more sophisticated than we thought if they had hands-.....or paw free mobile devices.

....Can we just pause to enjoy the moment where we try to imagine how Red XIII somehow carrying around a mobile phone and USING it?

Episode Yuffie said:
“Hmmm. But can you use a phone?”

“Of course. It takes a while but I can if I put it to the ground and use my claws. I can use it with a bit of effort,” replied Nanaki as he looked at Yuffie with a worried face. “I’m not giving it to you.”

“Give it over!”

Yuffie went round in front of Nanaki and he stopped.

“It’s better if I had it. Now where is it?”

She was looking all over Nanaki.

“You’re serious, aren’t you.”

As Nanaki said that, Yuffie noticed the belt around his neck, hidden away by his fur. It seemed the belt was only long enough to circle around his body once—She squatted down and peeped close to Nanaki’s throat. There she found what looked like a hard wearing small pouch made from some kind of skin.

“Heheheh, I found it.”

“Yuffie, I’ll remember this.”

“Sure. Don’t ever forget me.”

Nanaki looked like he had given up as Yuffie stretched out her hand towards the pouch on his side.

Gaian tech
*TWITCH*

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
That TV was there in FF7, too.
Wow. I seem to have missed that in all of my playthroughs. Or maybe I just forgot because I deemed it not important enough. Either way, great to see the faithfulness to the original!

It's always struck me how much natural light Sector 6 seems able to get compared to Sector 7. I'm very curious about the finalized geography of Midgar
Aerith's church is located in sector 5, not 6 :P

3. Sector 6 highway: Holy...moly. That's tiny little Cloud right there on the left. There's gonna be some at least low-level platforming going on in this game.
Good catch! I somehow missed that one. And I'm all for platforming, as long as it doesn't feel as clunky as FFXV (Pitioss rage anyone?). We already had some rudimentary platforming in FFX-2. An evolution from that concept would work I think.

Since neither the robot hand or the crane are in their original locations, I'd be inclined to guess that the cityscape we see is the Sector 5 slum town. If the art means they're trying that hard to be accurate to the original game's aesthetic, we would HAVE to see the sector 6 park too, and it's nowhere to be seen. It would make sense that as a mainly residential area, people would built ontop of each other to make the best out of the limited spaces in the slums that are relatively habitable, like the training hall in Sector 7.
And that's why I think that's a new area we're seeing there. Remember that there has to be a quite significant spacial gap between that dismembered freeway and the playground. I can see that playground being situated on the outskirts of that new area (vertical shanty town?). Although, then we'd need a slightly bigger gameplay area between the playground and Wall Market, or else we'll be stumbling from town to playground to town.

...or it's really just sector 5 we're seeing in the background. I doubt it, though, since Cloud is looking towards it and usually, a character is looking towards where (s)he's heading to and Cloud and Aerith are heading away from sector 5.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well part of it is maintaining a reputation at this point. Since I already know it's the right way in the game I'm not fussed. But if it was backwards it would :P *looks at Dissidia* :monster:

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
I just noticed something. There seems to be an opening to the right further up behind the crane. Maybe that opening leads to the playground. If so, that town in the background would be sector 7 (remember the door to sector 7 beyond the playground?). However, since sector 7 is actually Cloud's destination (before Tifa's appearance changes the whole situation), couldn't they just climb over the debris and skip the playground?

I'm still confused xD

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I just noticed something. There seems to be an opening to the right further up behind the crane. Maybe that opening leads to the playground. If so, that town in the background would be sector 7 (remember the door to sector 7 beyond the playground?). However, since sector 7 is actually Cloud's destination (before Tifa's appearance changes the whole situation), couldn't they just climb over the debris and skip the playground?

I'm still confused xD

Mmm, there's supposed to be a gateway wall between each of the sector slums. The only reason we can get into sector 6 is because there's a big old hole in the wall. I imagine that the sector 6 gate is actually further off screen, and most people don't want to travel that far, so they just broke through. I think the only reason Sector 7's gate is maintained by guard staff is because it has an actual access point to the plate. It'd be a form of low-tier immigration policy. Since sector 6 has no access to the plate, they couldn't care less what happens to that gate wall. That and it prevents the player from wandering over to sector 6 and 5 too early.

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
B took some new photos for us! :D

ALL HAIL B! OUR HERO!

The zoom is incredible if you open these images in a separate window. Many new details are now revealed!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

So, as far as I can see. In these Concept Arts we have these locations-

Image 1:
Sector 6 "Sewer" leading to Sector 7 Train Graveyard
Shinra Presidents Office

Image 2:
Sector 5 Church
Sector 6 Slums

Image 3:
Sector 7 Pillar

Image 4:
Train Station Sector 1
Aerith's Home Sector 5

Btw, Hi. I am new here :) Looking forward for the REMAKE!

Top Bottom