• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Nier

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
On Route C now

Seems like the real story has just started.

During the part where I had to take out YorHa units in the city, I thought I had to keep fighting because I didn't look at the map.

So much for
2B having a happy ending
I knew that comment was suspect the moment I read it.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
Having gotten every "Main" ending. I love this game! I haven't gotten emotional from a video game in a while and this one broke that with the following

Erasing Pascal's memories and Weight Of The World(Ending E version)

10/10 outta from me especially the soundtrack. SE you need to get Yoko Taro on FF asap.

Superespresso

The big lad
I really need to just buy this dlc... gonna be a while before i can play enough to keep up with some of the content after getting it all purged

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
From Square's annual report:

"In addition, “NieR:Automata,” which we released in February 2017, has proven a global hit far in excess of our expectations. It has not only reminded the world of the high quality of Japanese games, but also demonstrated significant potential for future franchise development."

http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/pdf/ar_2017en.pdf

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
NieR Automata is legitimately one of the best games I've ever played. Top ten.
I'm glad it's been successful and hope that this encourages the development of more like it.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
Soo I got the plat like a month ago. This is one of my all time favs.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Argh!
this game just pulled a MGS V and keeps going after a "the end" with moar story and shit; I find it very frustrating because it just feels off, like, you're playing some epilogue except it's not just a nice little bonus but a full story. I never finished MGS V for that reason, that and because the missions were just a rehash or something.

good game though :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Woop, :monster:

I finished the gaem! sort of. ish. I got ending D (deranged!9s all the whizzay!) I do think 2A could've used a lot more explanation / character development tbf. I mean maybe I've not yet replayed the game often enough, but is it ever explained why she kills the forest king? Just as an example. Needs moar fleshing out (hhehehe, flesh).)

The game's a bit broken for me now though, given how apparently I can now use the chapter select to jump around and grab the remaining endings (I need C and E). I think I'll just redo from chapter err, 11 ish (e.g. "part two") onwards, should be not too long now that I've got most of the sidequests.

Then (from what little I dared to read), replay from the start and do everything wrong, see how many endings I can get :awesome:.

Anyway some more confusing things.

So if I got my timeline and whatnot right, here's what's up:

* Humanity was dying because reasons, disease, what have you, so they started project Gestalt, a means of perpetuating humanity by transferring consciousness into robots / androids.
* Shit goes south; on the one hand the replicants go batshit, on the other there's the twins in most of the major cities going crazy. I'm not sure what exactly went down, but, project failed, humanity goes extinct.
* ??????? not sure what's up now.
* The aliens invade!11one. They bring robots / the Machines. I dunno what party is alive at this point or how to refer to them - Gestalt? Androids? AI? It gets fuzzy here.
* Project YoRHa is started, using machine cores to create the androids as we play them in the game - because using AIs (which I guess refers to the remains of mankind / Gestalt / etc?) is considered inhumane.
* As is vaguely revealed in the Tower, which is err. Made by the machines? It also gets vague here. Which side is the red woman on? Is that like a leftover of Gestalt? Or like the machine mastermind AI? Anyway as is revealed there and in the resource towers, YoRHa seems to be a project to gather enough (combat) data to create the next generation of being. That and/or for the machines to discover the remnants of mankind (fake news!) is on the moon. Which has to have been intended all along, given the timed backdoor to the bunker and shit.
Or is YoRHa in fact a project by the machines, which they use to train themselves / develop their own AI into the red woman to achieve a higher level of being, after which their plan was all along to go to the stars and shit? I would've expected (in that case) for them to go all in on the dank silicon structure thing (getting a Mr. Manhattan vibe there) and launch bajillions of craft everywhere.

I really don't know anymore, I have so many Questions :monster:. The backdrop of the game seems to be the Machines being an old, rusty and tired race, where a lot of their members have broken down, or forgotten their purpose, or developed personalities and self-awareness over thousands of years, breaking away from the network because eventually everything is broken.

What's that about 2B being 2E and always ending up killing 9S anyway? Is that like, because of reasons, 9Ses always end up corrupted so at some point in every mission they have to be put down? How long has 2B been at it anyway? What I'm reading on the prototype model A2 is that she had only been deployed three years prior to the events in the game, so the 2B and 9S models can't have been that old yet. Faux edit: opened the wiki page on 2B, it says that she did hundreds of operations already, and that she was in on the true nature of the project. Maybe A2 had been around for much longer than the 3 years in advance, 14th machine war and that was just the tipping point?

I was sure that at one point there would be a reveal that the mission / activities you do in the game are just part of some conspiracy headed by the Commander, like, a simulation or endless repetition, but given the destruction of the city halfway through that turned out to be unlikely.

Non-spoiler question: How does the other Nier game tie into this? Spoilerers / references in this one:
I've read in game references to Gestalt and Replicant, which were subtitles for the original Nier in Japan. Also the Emil character is apparently from there too. Is Nier a prequel to Automata? There's also a reference to the Black Scrawl in automata, which (as I'm reading the wiki page now) is also a reference to Nier.

* As is vaguely revealed in the Tower, which is err. Made by the machines? It also gets vague here. Which side is the red woman on? Is that like a leftover of Gestalt? Or like the machine mastermind AI? Anyway as is revealed there and in the resource towers, YoRHa seems to be a project to gather enough (combat) data to create the next generation of being. That and/or for the machines to discover the remnants of mankind (fake news!) is on the moon. Which has to have been intended all along, given the timed backdoor to the bunker and shit.
Or is YoRHa in fact a project by the machines, which they use to train themselves / develop their own AI into the red woman to achieve a higher level of being, after which their plan was all along to go to the stars and shit? I would've expected (in that case) for them to go all in on the dank silicon structure thing (getting a Mr. Manhattan vibe there) and launch bajillions of craft everywhere.

It's been a while since I played it (and I haven't looked into any supplemental info, which there seems to be a ton of) so I could be wrong, but I think when 9S learns about the backdoor it's implied that there are androids higher up than the YoRHa command that are kind of pulling the strings in that they created YoRHa with the built-in backdoor as part of an effort to perpetuate the machine vs android war forever. The higher-ups do this to prevent a kind of mass existential crisis that they think would occur should androids win the war/learn that humanity is dead, given that the androids derive purpose from serving humans (I think prior to the creation of YoRHa android morale was getting low). So the higher-ups know everything, YoRHa command and 2B (it's unclear about Operator 21O) know that humanity is dead but not that YoRHa is designed to be destroyed, and the rest of YoRHa and the non-YoRHa androids think humanity can still come back. The red girls are the avatar of the machine network, I think.

I haven't played the original Nier, so I don't know about the plot connections besides what Automata hints at, but, yeah, Automata is a sequel to Nier.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Makes sense. SS-classified background info seems to go beyond the Commander and such too. How come that info can be found in the machine network though? That implies the machine network found out everything - somehow.

I'm also fairly sure that there is nobody left at the level above the Commander; that is, the yorha project was set up a while ago, and whoever made it then died off because reasons. Part of me was hoping you'd end up going to the moon to find the masterminds behind the project and such, but, eh. I don't think the DLC adds any story like that to the game, does it?

I've been just idly collecting weapons and shit yesterday; I missed some pretty obvious ones, like
the one next to one of those flowers in the forest area while I was doing the Emil sidequest
, :monster:.
Speaking of emil, the guides mention an elevator in the city ruins, but I can't find it :/. Probably for the best since supposedly it's a very hard bossfight at lvl 99, but still. Probably should go for a video guide instead.
. Anyway I think I've got most weapons now, just a couple more to find which should all be accessible.

Is it me and is it a shame that
there's not that much difference between the weapons? Like, I was guessing that after the endgame you unlock weapons that are a tier above the rest, or something. I guess they've kept them reasonably balanced and viable because else what would be the point. I did notice that you seem to be able to level up the weapons you get at the start to lvl 4 pretty quickly (even during the first playthrough), but that some weapons you get after that are a bit more strong (re: damage values). Not much, but still.

Makes sense. SS-classified background info seems to go beyond the Commander and such too. How come that info can be found in the machine network though? That implies the machine network found out everything - somehow.

I'm also fairly sure that there is nobody left at the level above the Commander; that is, the yorha project was set up a while ago, and whoever made it then died off because reasons. Part of me was hoping you'd end up going to the moon to find the masterminds behind the project and such, but, eh. I don't think the DLC adds any story like that to the game, does it?

Yeah, it seems like the machine network figured it all out. Don't know how they learned everything or why the info is on the machine network exactly (besides them screwing with 9S), but it seems like the creators of YoRHa knew the machine lifeforms were capable of using the built-in backdoor to take down YoRHa - maybe the machines evolved beyond what they were expecting. The game's pretty vague about the creators of YoRHa - I was hoping they'd show up at some point, too. No, the DLC doesn't add any story content like that, I don't think.

Yeah, I agree about the weapons.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
speaking of weapons, I have them all minus one at lvl 4, so, woot :monster:.

missing one is Emil's heads, off course. I tried that guy once, er, it didn't go well :monster:. I am a bit sadfeis there's not more endgame content like that that isn't already in the main quest / sidequests though, like idk, FFX's extra bosses, or what have you. I guess the DLC adds those?

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
I bought Automata two days ago. Have played about 4 hours, so far I'm liking it, the combat feels pretty smooth, I haven't test the combat a lot but from what I see there doesn't seen to be a way to cancel combos outside of perfect dodging attack in mid combo.

finish the part where the shirtless white hair dudes reveal that aliens where dead all along.

The game currently is shapping up to be a A-

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Keep playing, :monster:

Last night I got endings C and E.

I managed to get as far as where Square Enix starts in the credits, then I died and accidentally hit the 'yes stop' button, :monster:. I thought I already had ending E so I continued watching this video I had paused when it got spoilery, aaaand it got spoilery. Ah well. Paused again and redid the thing, this time making sure to die a lot.

I wasn't asked to give up my savegame though; it really is a nice element in the game. Okay maybe not nice, but, I can imagine it can give people the feels. I'm also glad I've not had any spoilers besides the ones I looked up on purpose. An shit.

So, question is, do I keep going and get all the endings / platinum / etc, oooorrr can I not be arsed anymore now :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I've seen weirder tbf, I mean you can tell it's Japanese from the protagonists being a maid and a shota with swords and
giant robots
, but besides that it's not that weird :monster:.

I'm burned out on it now though, like, did the things and while there's still some things I can do I can say that I've finished it. Fell into a bit of a hole now, like, what should I do next? Bawww.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I mean I played a good chunk of the first Nier, so I knew what kind of weirdness I was in for, but some things have still taken me by surprise. Like
That duplicatenaked Sehiroth dude crawling out of the one you just killed.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm still not sure how / why
Adam / Eve "emerged". The scene where they come into existence seems to imply that the robot network has finally had enough of the androids' shit ("this cannot continue") and blow a fuse.

It is revealed later on that android black boxes / androids are made from robot cores, plus there are a lot of android corpses in the way leading up to that area - and the voiceover says they were moved there. Which implies that the robots have been doing their research on the android technology, and in that scene they're able to reproduce them to a high degree.

I get the idea that from there on out, robot and robot network development is highly accellerated, like,
at that point the robot network as a whole becomes sentient, their personal and intellectual development is accellerated by over nine thousand. Later in the game it turns out Adam / the robot network gained the ability to manipulate matter as if by magic, some real dank sci-fi shit, and build an underground city out of silicon, and later a whole rocket building platform that erupts from the ground seemingly out of nowhere - something that either had been there all along, or (and this is my personal theory) something for which construction was set in motion while Adam was building his underground silicon valley.

Which also makes me wonder if the girl(s) in red was there all along, or if that one emerged during the life of Adam / Eve or came into being after their death - also given how they seem to appear / shimmer around at ending B.

The robots also seem to be chaotic / disorganized / a bit lame until Adam / Eve appear. At the same time though, given how the robots seemed to be able to put up a pretty good fight for thousands of years, I can't imagine they were unorganized all that time.

Off course, it's probably not that hard to control a world when your enemies are limited to a few dozen at most, as far as we can see. And that said enemies can be hacked, like Independence Day shit.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Got my ending A last night and started route B. I like the different perspective on the opening. Game's a ton of fun, can't wait to find out what the hell is going on, lol.
Even though it explained nothing, I liked that A was at least a reasonably happy one for 2B. Wonder if just all goes to the hell in the other ones.

Getting the Engine Blade is cool. I like how it uses the FFXV particle effect for it it returns to your back. Also funny to have it while fighting Ray Chase (Eve)

Also, the premise - hot lingerie-clad battle android built for fighting aliens - really makes me wish for a KOS-MOS crossover. How sweet would it be to play as her in this?! :monster:

latest

Last edited:
Top Bottom