• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVIIxMobius Card Compilation

Radigar

Pro Adventurer
Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
SO, I set about categorizing these, so that we can get a layout for them that's a little bit easier to manage. If it's ok with you, I'll edit the OP with this:

Mobius X Final Fantasy VII Card Art

Remake Cloud
id_00919_card_atlas.png

id_01009_card_atlas.png

Remake Barret
id_00920_card_atlas.png

id_01010_card_atlas.png

Remake Jesse
id_00921_card_atlas.png

Remake Biggs
id_00922_card_atlas.png

Remake Wedge
id_00923_card_atlas.png

Remake Sephiroth
id_02161_card_atlas.png

id_02162_card_atlas.png

Remake Guard Scorpion
id_00817_card_atlas.png

id_00818_card_atlas.png

id_00819_card_atlas.png

id_01281_card_atlas.png

Remake Guard Hound
id_02155_card_atlas.png

id_02156_card_atlas.png

id_02157_card_atlas.png

id_02158_card_atlas.png

id_02159_card_atlas.png

id_02160_card_atlas.png

Remake MPs
id_00816_card_atlas.png

id_01002_card_atlas.png

id_01003_card_atlas.png

id_01004_card_atlas.png

id_01005_card_atlas.png

id_01006_card_atlas.png

id_01007_card_atlas.png

id_01008_card_atlas.png

id_02040_card_atlas.png

id_02041_card_atlas.png

id_02042_card_atlas.png

id_02043_card_atlas.png

id_02044_card_atlas.png

id_02045_card_atlas.png

id_02046_card_atlas.png

id_02218_card_atlas.png

id_02219_card_atlas.png

id_02220_card_atlas.png

id_02221_card_atlas.png

id_02222_card_atlas.png

id_02223_card_atlas.png

ChocoMog
id_00886_card_atlas.png

Fat Chocobo
id_00074_card_atlas.png

Shiva
id_00879_card_atlas.png

Ifrit
id_00883_card_atlas.png

Ramuh
id_00876_card_atlas.png

Titan
id_00878_card_atlas.png

Odin
id_00874_card_atlas.png

Leviathan
id_00875_card_atlas.png

Bahamut
id_00881_card_atlas.png

Neo Bahamut
id_00885_card_atlas.png

Bahamut ZERO
id_00877_card_atlas.png

Kujata
id_00887_card_atlas.png

Alexander
id_00884_card_atlas.png

Phoenix
id_00882_card_atlas.png

Hades
id_00880_card_atlas.png

Typhoon 3D
id_00623_card_atlas.png

Knights of the Round
id_00888_card_atlas.png

Aps & Rapps
id_02173_card_atlas.png

Gi-Nattak
id_02166_card_atlas.png

Godo
0_GODO.jpg

Heli Gunner
id_02165_card_atlas.png

Hundred Gunner
id_02170_card_atlas.png

Jenova Birth
0_JENOVA.png

Jenova Life
Id_02922_Card_Atlas.png

Jenova Death
0_JENOVA1.png

Jenova Synthesis
0_JENOVA2.png

Lost Number
id_02168_card_atlas.png

Motor Ball
Id_02941_Card_Atlas.png

Proud Clod
Id_02939_Card_Atlas.png

Schizo
id_02231_card_atlas.png

Stilva
Id_02917_Card_Atlas.png

Sapphire Weapon
id_02200_card_atlas.png

Diamond Weapon
id_02203_card_atlas.png

Ultimate Weapon
id_02202_card_atlas.png

Ruby Weapon
id_02201_card_atlas.png

Emerald Weapon
id_02204_card_atlas.png

Jade Weapon
Id_02924_Card_Atlas.png

Omega Weapon
id_02205_card_atlas.png

Death Dealer
id_02169_card_atlas.png

Devil Ride
id_02233_card_atlas.png

Eligor
Id_02938_Card_Atlas.png

Foulander
id_02300_card_atlas.png

Funny Face
id_02164_card_atlas.png

Ghirofelgo
id_02167_card_atlas.png

Gighee & Christopher
Id_02940_Card_Atlas.png

Grand Horn
id_02297_card_atlas.png

HELL HOUSE
Id_02919_Card_Atlas.png

Jemnezmy
id_02171_card_atlas.png

Magic Pot
Id_02918_Card_Atlas.png

Red Giant
id_02163_card_atlas.png

Pollensalta
Id_02964_Card_Atlas.png

Shadow Creeper
Id_02962_Card_Atlas.png

Skeeskee
id_02172_card_atlas.png

Special Combatant
Id_02963_Card_Atlas.png

Sword Dance
Id_02916_Card_Atlas.png

Touch Me
id_02232_card_atlas.png

Yin-Yang
id_02062_card_atlas.png

Cloud
id_09720_card_atlas.png

Sephiroth
id_09721_card_atlas.png

Advent Children Tifa
0_TIFA_AC.jpg

Advent Children Aerith
id_02198_card_atlas.png

Chibi Sephiroth
id_00447_card_atlas.png

Pixel Cloud & Zack
id_02132_card_atlas.png

Cait Sith, Tonberry, & Mog Break Dancing
id_09631_card_atlas.png

Cloud Outfit
2nd_hoshi_01.png

id_09605_card_atlas.png

Sephiroth Outfit
id_09620_card_atlas.png

Vincent Outfit
Id_09712_Card_Atlas.png

Yuffie Outfit
Id_09738_Card_Atlas.png

Aerith Outfit
id_09646_card_atlas.png

Two minor things I noticed while doing this:
• I have no idea what the other Dragon is, since I can't find in on the Wiki List I was using for reference. Is it actually Bahamut SIN?
• It looks like the only one missing is of Pixel Tifa & Aerith: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/File:MFF_Aerith_&_Tifa_FFRK.png

Additionally, I'm fairly certain that when you look at the cards in-game, they show the names of the artists. Do you think that we might be able to sleuth around and see if can pin down if any of them are actually working on the Remake? EDIT: Looks like this is already happening in the main Mobius thread.

X :neo:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
:pics::faint::excited:

Oh wow!

If this is the direction SE wants to take FFVII enemy design, all the more power to them. These are amazing!

I'm really liking the breadth of coverage here too. For every "realistic" monster there is one of the monsters that made you wonder how something like it would fit into a modern game.

And many of these monster designs drive home that FFVII has a lot of themes in it that fit well into the horror genre. Shin-Ra manor is going to be creepy as hell if the monsters in there stay anything close to this.

Someone over in SE has a very, very good idea of what vibes FFVII is supposed to give off in it's monster design and that makes me very happy.

EDIT: Thanks X for organizing them like that.

Last edited:

hleV

Pro Adventurer
Sephiroth's arms are thicc! Also even normal Shinra MPs seem to have thicker arms than Cloud's xD. Cloud's re-design better do him justice.

Also Sephiroth looks nice, but his original shoulder plate design was better.

Last edited:

Radigar

Pro Adventurer
SO, I set about categorizing these, so that we can get a layout for them that's a little bit easier to manage. If it's ok with you, I'll edit the OP with this:

Yes, for me it's OK, you can amend OP this way ;). Also you can add these cards that I forgot upload:
id_09631_card_atlas.png

id_09646_card_atlas.png

id_09720_card_atlas.png

id_09721_card_atlas.png

• I have no idea what the other Dragon is, since I can't find in on the Wiki List I was using for reference. Is it actually Bahamut SIN?

Because is from a event that hadn't started yet, but now in Mobius Japanese is out:

http://www.finalfantasy.jp/mobius/i...0f62657d9356a4683bb5a11d11eded3d26538a29.html

His card name is "バハムート・ネオ" but haven't number of series in his title, maybe not related with FFVII?

05d33bc9f3658a3dea0da3cfdf8b6887db99ad44.jpg

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Ironically, that says "Bahamut Neo" -- which is different from バハムート改 ("Bahamut Kai"), the name that became "Neo Bahamut" in the English localization of the original game.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
I love the subtleties and detail on the background art, especially for the enemies/bosses you fight in memorable locations, like Jenova...the odd, almost underwater/Atlantis feeling of the buildings of Forgotten City, the utter desolation and "end of the earth" vibe of the Whirlwind Maze, that quirky 'swirling lego blocks' surrounded by green energy thing at the center of the planet.

Also, seeing enemies like Jenova, the WEAPONs, etc, not only with this amount of detail but with the sheer sense of SCALE...you can really feel how intimidatingly massive they are, in the same way that people discuss the Colossi in "Shadow of the Colossus". I've spent a good amount of time worrying about how 'realistic' graphics could potentially hurt the world of FFVII, but even though these are cards and not game shots, they've done a good amount to put a lot of those concerns to bed and instead realize the potential for badassery. As has been said elsewhere, horror elements, get ready to be a hell of a lot more horror-y.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Updated your OP, removed the non-FFVII-specific ones, and added all of the new FFVII cards that you included in your last post. If you post any new cards in this thread as they come out, I'll make sure that the sorted list is always up-to-date in the OP. :awesomonster:

Neo Bahamut, Jenova Life, & Emerald Weapon ones are my favourites for the sense of style, scale, and realism that the Remake could bring to the table.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I just love how apparent it is that these artists get the game. Whether it be the horror elements in designs like Ghirofelgo, Eligor, and Yin-Yang; the cyberpunk of the Special Combatant; the whimsical Touch Me, Magic Pot, Hell House, and Gighee & Christopher; that unexpectedly strikingly gorgeous design for Pollensalta (seriously, can I just have that on my wall?); or the Cable-esque 90s comic book-style gun on Motor Ball.

FFVII's aesthetic was such a love letter to the time it was made. Can they really pull this off? I want to believe!

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Interesting. Air Buster doesn’t really seem to correspond with the “leak” from earlier this year. Super difficult to tell though obviously.

On the whole, these are a lot more colorful than the images we've seen from FFVII-R. I don't like making this comparison, but the OG (and these cards) have a more Batman & Robin aesthetic while the materials we've seen for FFVII-R so far have been more Batman Begins.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
On the whole, these are a lot more colorful than the images we've seen from FFVII-R. I don't like making this comparison, but the OG (and these cards) have a more Batman & Robin aesthetic while the materials we've seen for FFVII-R so far have been more Batman Begins.
Yeh I can see what you mean. Ultimately I don’t think there’ll necessarily be much overlap between the two, but it’s still somewhat indicative of the direction of 7R in the sense that the cards are “HD” and “modernised.” While I like them, I think darker and gritty is the way to go with splashes of colour where warranted (e.g., garishness in Corneo’s mansion and the Gold Saucer, crimson red for the Wutai architecture and so on).

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Minor note, though note really an "update" per-se, but I wanted to put it in here just for reference. APS in the recent trailer has some pretty notable differences from the Mobius Artwork:
  • He's more blue thank green
  • His teeth are more bestial and broken rather than being fangs
  • His shackles are thicker and round rather than flattened
  • His tongue is really long rather than being shorter
  • His face mask/muzzle/bdsm headgear doesn't have a mouth bit
  • There're no small spikes along his back around the shoulder spikes
  • His shoulder spikes are brightly glowing

Screen Shot 2019-05-12 at 11.35.18 AM.png

id_02173_card_atlas.png

Additionally, it's worth noting that this is also pretty different from some of the elements of how he's portrayed in the OG / concept art:
  • Humanoid hands rather than filed down claws
  • His feet are claws derived from cloven hooves, rather than one-toed hoof
  • Doesn't seem to have a shoulder tattoo
  • Hies legs are close to his body colour rather than being more distinct like a Faun

FFVII_Aps.png
final-fantasy-7-lineart-reno-8.jpg

Overall, that helps to give some good impressions that there's still a good bit of re-interpretation and aesthetic updating that's happening in the Remake as compared to what we've been getting artistic interpretations of in Mobius. That being said, there's still the possibility that this was just one of a number of pieces of concept art, and some of these will be like what we see in the game, whereas other will feel distinctly different.

This just seemed like a good point to bump the thread, and see if we can keep eyes out for some other things as June approaches.

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
Since Mobius card artworks seem to be created by external, freelance artists who might take a few liberties, it's only natural to see many differences.

Regarding the faun-like lower body, the new Remake trailer has Aps cast in too much shadow to clearly discern colors. He could very well have brown legs. At least they do look furry compared to the upper body. Sadly, we can't see the tail.

You're right about the hooves and fingers, though. I suppose they wanted its design to be closer to a mutated faun this time around. Also, the hanging part of its bridle is split into 2 single hanging straps in the new trailer compared to all other iterations where it's a closed loop, ready to be grabbed by its master.

Top Bottom