• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS 10th anniversary shenanigans!

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I elected to make this poast here rather than Active Events and Projects because there's a lot going on in there ATM and this isn't exactly current yet anyway.

I happened across a fairly awesome retro game/ents store not so long ago and it gave me a bit of an idea. I chatted to Yop about it and he approves, so here be a post:
TLS turns ten in September (two weeks after Pomathon IIRC), so to mark the occasion I noted that a lot of members haven't actually played OG FFVII, and with that in mind I've put together a vintage PS bundle with everything you need to play FFVII as it was back in the day, with the intention of holding a raffle to win said bundle (including postage to pretty much anywhere in the world). I'm thinking of selling tickets for around £5 GBP with the stipulation that participants must be a member for a month or more and have made the minimum ten non-spam posts. This ofc necessitates the launch of said project sooner rather than later for n00bs but also neatly fills in the lack of discussion E3 gave us.

I've outlined more specific Ts&Cs offline and decided that tickets will be purchased via a platform like Patreon, just wondering if anyone's going to shit all over the idea. :monster:

Also my dudes, it's ten years of TLS, we really should be marking the occasion moar!

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
:grrreatjustice:

Really, that sounds fucking amazing Mage.

It's weird to think that it's already been this long. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that so much time's gone by. For reference: I one of the first 150 people registered on ACF in December 2003, and that which was 15 years ago. So 2/3rd of my online "lifetime" have been on TLS.

X :neo:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I like this. I like this a lot.

Don't let Carlie or Joe win, though. They probably still wouldn't play it. :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
This is an awesome idea, Mage, I love it! :reptar:

10th anniversary, hmm, maybe there should be a party around that time? Like, dunno, voice chat hangout or something. I know many of you are meeting in September already so it could even be like a lovely "hey how's things since I last saw you :awesome:" aka I really fuckin' miss you type of party/hangout. :monster:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I know many of you are meeting in September already

Flare we gonna party with B in September yo. Mark your calendar.

Also I’m so into this. I can’t believe it’s almost been nine years since I joined. At the time I felt like such an outsider... it didn’t help that Dacon replied to all my posts with “cool story bro.” Things have sure changed! (we’re still debating whether or not they’re gonna do a FF7 remake, but we do it politely now)

It’s been a hell of a decade. Party down!

SeaDragon

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sjödraken
Great idea! perfect for a 10th anniversary ..wow I lurked for a lot of time:closedmonster:.

If there's will be a party/voice chat (and if I have the courage), this time I will not miss it. It will be fantastic to celebrate all together.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Don't let Carlie or Joe win, though. They probably still wouldn't play it. :monster:
youre-goddamn-right-gif-12.gif

This is a totes awesome idea though, I'm in!

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Great idea!

My only concern is like PAL/NTSC etc thingywotsit. Like if someone from overseas wins will they still be able to play? Or is that a dumb question?

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Not at all! The console and disc supplied will be PAL and three-pin plug but there'll be a scart lead and adaptors are easily obtained. The actual console has a rear parallel port too so a plug-in cartridge like a Game Hunter or similar could be used (the console isn't chipped).

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
What would be the best way to purchase tickets be? I mean I think paypal is probably best, no conversion needed and shit.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That would've involved me having to train pidgeons at my place for a while now, and I haven't so :monster:

I did have neighbours and a friend's dad that were into that shit though.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Pigeons are delicious. :awesome:

I hadn't considered conversion rates TBH, I'll ponder it over the weekend unless anyone has suggestions to offer.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Yeah conversion is a bit of a dick to me... a 5 quid ticket is like 10 Canadian Maples.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
How many maples to a syrup again? :monster:

It's 5, but you're better off conserving your Maples until you have 20 and just converting them into Speed Drinks with ST Med-RF, then using Time Mag-RF to turn 3 of those into 15 Haste spells you can then junction to your SPD stat.

By the time you get a few more hours in, you'll be running into a relatively common enemy that drops Syrups left and right anyway -- and not terribly long after that, you'll come to a town where you'll be able to trade Sleep Powders for the damn things at a 12:1 rate.
That would've involved me having to train pidgeons at my place for a while now, and I haven't so :monster:

I did have neighbours and a friend's dad that were into that shit though.

I nominate this for "Best Post to Be Read Out of Context. :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
...I think I got out Canadianed. :monster:

Tres forgot the Goose factor though, that for every goose you have your maples go up 15%. Twice that should you have a moose.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Don't wet your knickers too soon, but I might just have a photo of the complete bundle ready for next week. ;)

@ Tres: YOU HAVE WON MY INTERNETS FOR TODAY SIR!

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
One console bundle ready to roll. I decided to throw in two different leads to make it easier for the recipient to hook it up to their TV since some don't have scart ports now. Also the retro store who sold the stuff to me have said they'll post a link on their FB page once it's up and running, so I just need to sort out a few more details and then wang it on here for scrutiny. :awesome:

Top Bottom