• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

hypothetical ffvii spinoffs if square outsourced to/collaborated with other devs

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i am currently replaying metal gear rising and it got me thinking, what ffvii games could you have by other devs in an imaginary scenario where there was a compilation of ffvii but square didn’t develop them in house.

playing mgr, the first dev i thought of is obviously platinum games who already have made nier automata with square. so i thought, what would a ffvii action game by the makers of on of the greatest action games of all time, bayonetta. cloud is an obvious fit for an mgr style slashing game. tifa in dissidia had a bunch of feint moves, which i think could fit with a bayonetta style ‘witch time’ dodging system.

also been playing non-remastered dark souls 1, and i think aesthetically vincent could fit a game like that. maybe set in the far future where maybe humans have gone/dwindled, with you exploring ruins and abandoned towns of classic locations. maybe there’s some natural developed makonoids for you to fight. or maybe there’s no one and it’s just a really lonely game dealing with what it’s like to outlive everyone you ever knew.

or maybe that’s a bit of a downer and i should stop.

also a 3d platform game starring cait sith and a sonic style gotta go fast game but it’s yuffie and you’re collecting materia instead of rings

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I still want a game with Turk Vincent doing detective/corporate espionage work for Shin-Ra Manufacturing Works, seeing what the world was like before the Shinra Electric Power Company conquered it completely.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i am seeing an detective themed adventure game for a young vincent, like a 2d visual novel style one (like a pheonix wright game but maybe less jokey) or a 3d (like a game i can't think of an example of). it's actually reminded me of the early story concept for vincent when he was a newspaper report trying to do investigative journalism about hojo's secret experiments.

speaking of hojo, i think you could get a survival horror game out of his body horror experiments. like the crew of the sunken gelnika trying to escape the ship. maybe like resident evil 2 (its zapping system) or siren (link navigator system) where you have multiple characters and scenarios that interweave and meet.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
why did i not think devil may cry but with vincent

i think he's getting too many games in this thread of imaginary games that don't and won't exist

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Could do a city builder about Reeve and Edge/WRO. Involve Barret as they seek to replace Mako with a new energy source, spread it through the Planet.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
A side-scrolling beat-em-up ala Scott Pilgrim vs The Game ft. Tifa + Avalance is always something I low-key thought about.

More fishing games.
Also I'd like a game where I breed chocobos but also sell them, trade them, and cook them into exciting new recipes.

SoZettaSlow

Hackermens extraordinaire
AKA
Yoshikage Kira
Don Corneo 2d VN dating sim with explicit H-scenes for when he picked cross dressing Cloud.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
nightmare daddy

(if this isn't clear there's a game called 'dream daddy' where you date a bunch of dads and this sounds like a horrifying take on that)

(i had to explain the joke and thus ruin it)

SoZettaSlow

Hackermens extraordinaire
AKA
Yoshikage Kira
A simulation game like Roller Coaster Tycoon where you have to manage the Golden Saucer.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
The only game I'd want would have to be going way back to year 0, when JENOVA arrived, and filling all that strangely missing history.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Caith Sith VR experience, where you play the whole game from the inside of a fat moogle with your vision limited to two beady eyes set too far apart, with a robot cat on your shoulders yelling commands at you with its megaphone.

Or whatever the fuck that was, I still don't understand the character, :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
A side-scrolling beat-em-up ala Scott Pilgrim vs The Game ft. Tifa + Avalance is always something I low-key thought about.
streets of rage but it's avalanche

streets of environmentalist rage

i'm replying to this days late because i just thought of it

hire me square i'm available to make you ripped off game ideas

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Could do a city builder about Reeve and Edge/WRO. Involve Barret as they seek to replace Mako with a new energy source, spread it through the Planet.

Now this is a game I had no idea I needed until just now.

THIS.

That would have been SO cool.

Kingdom Hearts530

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Heart/Sam
I want a Crisis Core remake...

Nah I'm serious, I want a PS4/5 Crisis Core remake. We can take out Genesis, FINE, but give me my Zack Fair game again, damn it.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Crisis Core isn't old enough to warrant a remake. I'm playing it right now and the graphics are still pretty fresh considering the age of it. The storyline blows hard though, I'm definitely not a fan.

Kingdom Hearts530

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Heart/Sam
Crisis Core isn't old enough to warrant a remake. I'm playing it right now and the graphics are still pretty fresh considering the age of it. The storyline blows hard though, I'm definitely not a fan.

:rudefacepalm:

I actually meant remaster, not remake lol

I... acknowledge your wrong opinion, but I'm that weird part of the fandom that played CC and watched Advent Children before playing the OG FF7 ^^;

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Yeah I did it the other way around and played FFVII in 1998, which as I note from your profile, is likely the year you were born. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I wouldn't mind a re-release of CC on a normal platform, actually I wouldn't have minded it back when it came out. I've never spotted much PSP's in the wild.

Top Bottom