• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Pomathon - KupoCon Birmingham 2018

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
So one of my mates is coming now so unless I've forgotten how to count there'll be eight of us. :awesome:
I just booked a room at the Holibobs Inn for the night of the con, I didn't fancy having to be up too early for the Kingsglaive screening, lol.

Does anybody want to meet up in town on the Friday night for food and/or drinks? There's lots of good places to eat with a range of budgets, including an all-you-can-eat Chinese place about two minutes walk from the venue (probably not so good for Ami there though).

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
So one of my mates is coming now so unless I've forgotten how to count there'll be eight of us. :awesome:
I just booked a room at the Holibobs Inn for the night of the con, I didn't fancy having to be up too early for the Kingsglaive screening, lol.

Does anybody want to meet up in town on the Friday night for food and/or drinks? There's lots of good places to eat with a range of budgets, including an all-you-can-eat Chinese place about two minutes walk from the venue (probably not so good for Ami there though).
Definitely!

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'm meeting some people at the Holiday Inn first, but I'm good to come along!

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
This time in a week, guys! <3

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
Sorry Mage, I wont be able to make it for the Friday. Got me working late that day hence one of the reasons why I'll be tired af come Kupocon. I can PM my mob number to you if you want it?

Also sudden realisation that I don't actually know how to pronounce my username out loud :wacky:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
@Teioh I'm pronouncing it 'Tee-oh' but I imagine 'Tay-oh' is probably more accurate. :monster: If you don't mind PMing me your number I can get on with mothering everyone again. :wacky: I'm going to create a FB messenger group for the attendees so we can keep in contact via that too.

Right, so insofar as Friday night is concerned, I'm proposing Cherry Reds or Bonehead or both. They're right by each other, a stone's throw from the Electric Cinema and about five minutes walk from the Holiday Inn. Cherry Reds has a great range of beers (Belgians an' shit @Cthulhu), Bonehead is marketed as meat and beer so naturally I'm sold. :awesome: Tried some of their hot wings at a food festival and was very impressed.
Links:
https://cherryreds.com/
http://biteyourbrum.com/review/fried-chicken-bonehead/ (Bonehead's own site is under construction)
I'm inclined towards Cherry Reds for food as they can cater better to Ami (no-one's perfect though), and it's a lot cheaper. Does get busy on Friday nights though. Having said that, from there we're in spitting distance of Grand Central and Turtle Bay is literally opposite Cherry Reds.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Cherry Reds might be more to your liking then, they do a mean milkshake. :awesome:
We're not short of choice though, if no-one's feeling those options, there's plenty of close range alternatives.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Cherry Reds gets my vote. No surprise there!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I have no opinion one way or another especially as I cannot stand beer and the likes :wacky:

GET THE FUCK OUT

PgwDtV.gif

:awesome:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Sweet, that appears to be settled then. Cherry Reds is the home of the Psychedelic Society of Birmingham BTW, just not on Fridays. :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Not sure if I'll be here after tonight (got a friend staying with me from Denmark tomorrow night), but hit me up on Discord if you need to get in touch with me as per usual. And Facebook if you guys still use that. :awesome:

...and with that said, this is the 69th post/reply of the thread. I'm a dirty bugger...

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
ARE YOU GUYS HAVING THE BEST TIME?!?!?!!?

I am so, so sorry I'm not there but I love you all and I been thinking of y'all hoping you're all having fun! <3

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
I'm home and I'm emotionally exhausted.

This was definitely the best one yet - and it was supposed to exist!

Top Bottom