• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Official TLS Movie Night Thread

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i was thinking of that but i can't remember if that just had a ringing sound or an actual phone call before dying (pretty sure it was like a phone call of the moment you die).

Ghost X

My memories simply have people trying to avoid places where ringing might be heard, as if the ringing itself kills folks :P.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
#IVoted

How tf did Princess Bride get on there?

I love it :wacky:
LMFAOO I totally snuck it in a joke nom (AND BC TBH EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEE THIS MOVIE :ffuuu:) and then :wacky:

WOW, I suppose it was a good thing that I said something, the results look a bit different from yesterday...!

Martyrs, Shutter, and The Babadook have been knocked out of the race whilst The Nightmare Before Christmas has made a sudden comeback.
Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 9.36.46 AM.png

Technically speaking, folks still have about 7ish hours left to vote before I draw up the schedule... so get to voting if you haven't!

NO CHEATING THO LOL :watchingu:

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
@BforB I don't think so. It was like classical music they heard and that was what made them go bananas and do whatever they could to kill themselves.

AHHHH THIS LIST LOOKS SO GOOD I AM EXCITE!

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
gonna watch both phone and chakushin ari now just to find out if those are the films i'm thinking (although i'm fairly sure it's not chakushin ari, i just want to watch that again anyway)

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
It's technically the 20th in Australia :mon:

So, here's the movie night schedule. (Make sure to click the OCT tab)

Schedule (UTC)
  • 10:30 - 11:00: Pre-Show: Michael Jackson's Thriller on repeat.
  • 11:00 - 12:45: Get Out
  • 12:45 - 13:45: Hour Long Intermission
  • 13:45 - 15:30: Shaun of the Dead
  • 15:30 - 16:30: Hour Long Intermission
  • 16:30 - 17:45: The Nightmare Before Christmas
  • 17:45 - 18:45: Hour Long Intermission
  • 18:45 - 21:00: IT (2017)
  • 21:00 - 22:00: Hour Long Intermission
  • 22:00 - 23:45: Get Out
  • 23:45 - 00:45: Hour Long Intermission
  • 00:45 - 02:15: Cabin in the Woods
  • 02:15 - 03:15: Hour Long Intermission
  • 03:15 - 05:00: The Princess Bride
  • 05:00 - 05:30: After Show: Michael Jackson's Thriller Back on Repeat
  • 05:30: Fancy Goes to Bed

During times of intermission, you're free to use the music bot to blast tunes, pass the remote around and browse the web until I'm ready to handle it again, pull up a game of hangman or something to pass the time, grab a snack, use the loo, and, of course, chit chat.

I was thinking of incorporating Jackbox games into intermission, but, after considering the advice of some of my peeps, I fear that we may have too little time. Dunno! I know that I would probably be too busy taking naps or prepping the next film, but if someone wants to play 'gamemaster' on their own time during intermission, that's totally fine haha. Given that this is our first movie night (as hosted by me anyway), we'll be feeling things out and playing a lot of things by ear.

Anyway, I chose to start out with 'Get Out' since it was the top choice with 11 votes out of 16 followed by some of the weaker films (in terms of votes, again lmfao).

Then, I chose to list 'Get Out' again on 22:00 UTC since that tends to be around the time that people traffic is highest, and then we'll follow that entry with our stronger contenders.

Yay! Hype!!! I'm excited!! Big thank you to all participants and I hope to see you all on the 27th!!!

OOOH OOH

And we aren't LITERALLY going to have MJ's Thriller on repeat LMFAO, we'll be allowed to change songs..... :wacky:

:properhug:

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
get out is excellent and i'm glad it's getting played twice even if i don't get to see it

can we get the times in different time zones as well?

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
get out is excellent and i'm glad it's getting played twice even if i don't get to see it

can we get the times in different time zones as well?

That’s my next little project! I’ll update the google sheets with the corresponding time zones and let everyone know when that’s been done ^^

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Okay, so like.
I'm not very smart LOL
I spent a good part of the day trying to tackle the whole 'timezone thing' so folks could quickly see when these films were playing in their time n shit.

I was like, "Which ones should I do again?" and I couldn't decide for fear of accidentally leaving someone out and so I pretty much fucking did all of them, yup, including ULAST (or Ulaanbaatar Summer Time)...

Having said that, I discriminated against timezones that are like some hours plus a half but now I feel really bad about that so I'm going to do something about that, too... This is updating as you read this... :wacky:

Anyway... this is how you use the ONE google sheet to find and use your offset number to correlate your timezone to UTC.

1. When you open the sheet, you'll get a screen like this. Click the 'Timezones' tab on the bottom. Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 7.27.13 PM.png

2. You'll see this sheet.
Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 7.35.46 PM.png

3. Use Control+F (Command+F on Mac) to pull up the search.
Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 7.38.46 PM.png

4. 1)Put in your timezone abbreviation and you should see it highlight on the sheet. 2) Click the highlight. 3) The full timezone name will appear on the formula bar mabob (bear with me). Use this to verify that things are correct n shit. 4) Whatever number your timezone abbreviation is under is your offset number. 5) Click back to OCT
Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 7.39.54 PM.png

5. Using your offset number, you now know when these films are playing in your timezone, allowing you to plan accordingly for the event (n shit)Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 7.47.18 PM.png

Thanks! Tagging @Strangelove since you asked for this specifically. :megusta:

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
you know what should have been on the list, teito monogatari/tokyo the last metropolis

it's confusing as fuck because it throws a lot of names of historical japanese figures at you and it's like 4 novels condensed into two hours of film but it became a cult classic and i would dress up as kato yasunori for halloween if i had the means to make the costume/some creatures to go with it or if i had anywhere to go and wear it lol

that's the main reason, i want more people to understand what my costume is

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
I want next month to be cult classic month tbh. Itching for some Fight Club. We’ll see what the people vote, tho :monster:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
You’re gonna have to do some hard campaigning. Rest assured that you have my vote tho :megusta:

Top Bottom