• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Anyone else think a start had been made Part 2?

KiwiPizza

Pro Adventurer
As the title says...

I’ve had this thought recently as we could possibly be seeing Part 1 of the game in the next year or two...

I suddenly just got it into my head that Square hiring for new positions earlier this year, may have possibly been due to Part 2 commencing production and development...

As each Part will have varying types of battles in various locations where the locations themselves differ throughout the game. For example they won’t need to work on underwater battles for Part 1, assuming they keep that part of the game but I don’t think they’ll change that though, as we won’t be going there in Part 1 (that’s too far into the original game) but for Part 2 we may get there and that’s why they need to hire more staff in conjunction with ramping up Part 1 development of course.

I know that may not be the best example but battles on land and underwater would play out differently if they were to have verticality implemented into underwater battles

Just thought I’d share my theory/thoughts

It’s about quarter past 11 at night here so I apologize in advance if this doesn’t make full sense or isn’t easy to use or there’s any mistakes/errors but I just felt like sharing

KiwiPizza

Pro Adventurer
Interesting thought!

It'd definitely be nice to have some kind of clearer idea whereabouts they are development wise!

I expect that if they do keep to their word about getting KH3 out first then Marketing 7:R, I think they would give updates on development progress. They’ve completed the scenario for Part 1 so I expect they’ve gotten to the scenario for Part 2 and that’s where the new jobs come into play...

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm fairly sure they can churn out next parts pretty quickly once they have the base game finished, they'll have the engine, combat system / animations, characters and part of the assets ready to go, next parts will be more about level and story design. Content. They can already start on all the designs and story and shit.

KiwiPizza

Pro Adventurer
I'm fairly sure they can churn out next parts pretty quickly once they have the base game finished, they'll have the engine, combat system / animations, characters and part of the assets ready to go, next parts will be more about level and story design. Content. They can already start on all the designs and story and shit.

Of course and if they’ve already started, like my theory suggests, they will be able to release to each Part as close to each other as possible. They’ll want to get ahead with the parts of Part 2 that differs greatly to Part 1, like Underwater battles in my example, or even the desert parts around the Gold Saucer/Corel Prison as I can’t imagine they’d occur in Part 1...

I for one am quite hopeful/quietly optimistic/believe (pick whichever) that Part 1 releases 2019 based on a educated guess with the evidence provided and I do think Square have have at least started the beginnings of Part 2.

Just wondered if anyone else shared the same thought...

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I'm sure they've started on Part 2 but that doesn't give me certainty Part 1 will make it out of the door before January 2020.

KiwiPizza

Pro Adventurer
I'm sure they've started on Part 2 but that doesn't give me certainty Part 1 will make it out of the door before January 2020.

I say 2019 as in late 2019 (September to December), as there’s a release schedule of big games each fiscal?financial?year 18/19, 19/20, 20/21. KH3 is the current year (18/19), and the other two are open, however since the remake is the only other big one I can think of (Maybe Avengers is the other big one - probably), I’d say 19/20 is open for the remake to release part 1 and I just say right in the middle of that 19/20 year (April 19-April 20 is my understanding of how these years operate)as it’s easier and I don’t think they’re that far from release than many like to claim.

Though it’s very unlikely to be ready for release between April and August as it would’ve been marketing by now. As long as it meets that 19/20 year, I’ll be happy as to me that’s not too short for development but also not too long...

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I say 2019 as in late 2019 (September to December), as there’s a release schedule of big games each fiscal?financial?year 18/19, 19/20, 20/21. KH3 is the current year (18/19), and the other two are open, however since the remake is the only other big one I can think of (Maybe Avengers is the other big one - probably), I’d say 19/20 is open for the remake to release part 1 and I just say right in the middle of that 19/20 year (April 19-April 20 is my understanding of how these years operate)as it’s easier and I don’t think they’re that far from release than many like to claim.

Though it’s very unlikely to be ready for release between April and August as it would’ve been marketing by now. As long as it meets that 19/20 year, I’ll be happy as to me that’s not too short for development but also not too long...

Well case in point, KH3 is not coming this year.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I've had long discusions (Read: arguments) that Midgar could take a NYC approach, where bits of every other culture manifest in the background of Midgar. They could start giving us a taste of the rest of the world while never leaving the city for most if not all of the game. Those assets can then be set aside or worked on by a smaller part of Dev 1.

The interesting thing here is presumably the same sub-engine for Unreal4 will be used for all two (Or more?) parts. Once something is built for it, it's there to be used for as many games as needed, give or take patch tweaks.

So I expect the work load will greatly decrease with each part.

KiwiPizza

Pro Adventurer
I've had long discusions (Read: arguments) that Midgar could take a NYC approach, where bits of every other culture manifest in the background of Midgar. They could start giving us a taste of the rest of the world while never leaving the city for most if not all of the game. Those assets can then be set aside or worked on by a smaller part of Dev 1.

The interesting thing here is presumably the same sub-engine for Unreal4 will be used for all two (Or more?) parts. Once something is built for it, it's there to be used for as many games as needed, give or take patch tweaks.

So I expect the work load will greatly decrease with each part.

If my theory is correct then Part 2 between 1.5 years and 2 years after Part 1 then? Not too unreasonable

They’ll have character models already complete, later characters such as Vincent will likely already be made, battle system will be locked down for the most part (see potential underwater battles on my original post- that would be the only tweak) and revisitable locations such as Midgar will be completed too

Also they were recruiting a level planner, correct? This could potentially be for the locations introduced in Part 2.

Square may actually be playing this very smart.

I may be getting carried away a bit but I’d like to believe that’s why they’ve ramped up hiring for development of the game as they’re looking at it as a whole... rather than just Part 1 and Part 2 etc it’s more Ike “ahh we haven’t created in game assets for Junon yet and need an extra level planner, lets get them in.”

Or it could just be due to people leaving for various reasons...

Top Bottom