• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Interview With The Glaives at The Wee Pom!

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Hello fellow Creators! Hope you all had a nice time over the holidays!

As you might be aware, The Wee Pom is approaching fast and is just a few short weeks away and we're working on securing an interview with The Glaives while we're there!

Liam Mulvey (Libertus), Adrian Bouchet (Titus) and Will Bowden (Pelna) are all going to be in attendance and it would be great if we could get a nice shiny exclusive interview with them for our front page.

I reckon about ten questions that we can ask them all would be the best, so what are the things we need to know? What are you dying to ask them? What sorts of things are going to get people rushing to TLS to read about?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I think along the questions we come up with there should be some on XV coming to a close. I know Liam did both the motion capture and voice for Libertus so we could ask on how those two experiences felt like and his preparation. I don't remember who the other two characters were so the only thing I can think of is asking them how they got into voice acting, how has their careers changed post Kingsglaive. We should look at other interviews they've done and avoid doing the questions that have been done over and over so our interview is more unique and less generic.

Last edited:

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
That's a good idea!
1. What did the motion capture and voice acting experiences feel like for Kingsglaive?
2. How did you prepare?

Brilliant. I'll dig out some interviews if I can and post what they've got and we can draw from them too.

I'm kinda worried people have missed this thread and we don't have very long to pull a whole interview together so please excuse me while I tag everyone

@ChipNoir @hian @ForceStealer @just fancy @cold_spirit @AvecAloes @BforB @Channy @Claymore @Flare @Chicken Grease Freak @Strangelove @JechtShotMK9 @Kionae @lithiumkatana17 @Minato @Radigar @SeaDragon @Shademp @Tennyo @The Twilight Mexican @Vyzzuvazzadth @X-SOLDIER

Anyone got any good question ideas? :D

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
That's a good idea!
1. What did the motion capture and voice acting experiences feel like for Kingsglaive?
2. How did you prepare?

Brilliant. I'll dig out some interviews if I can and post what they've got and we can draw from them too.

I'm kinda worried people have missed this thread and we don't have very long to pull a whole interview together so please excuse me while I tag everyone

@ChipNoir @hian @ForceStealer @just fancy @cold_spirit @AvecAloes @BforB @Channy @Claymore @Flare @Chicken Grease Freak @Strangelove @JechtShotMK9 @Kionae @lithiumkatana17 @Minato @Radigar @SeaDragon @Shademp @Tennyo @The Twilight Mexican @Vyzzuvazzadth @X-SOLDIER

Anyone got any good question ideas? :D

Well if I had been included I for one would have proposed asking them what they believe each of their characters would have gone on to do after the battle for insomnia ended.

Personally I always wanted to see more tie in between the kingsglaive characters and the ffxv game. I still dont know how the hell Ignis knew about Nyx harnessing the rings power in episode Ignis.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
I'm loving these amazing ideas, thank you thank you!

Also, Ergo, dude, I can't tag you while you are but one letter :tearsofjoy: I'm sorry it can't be done! Also I'm tagging everyone with a creator badge <3

2. How did you prepare?
3. Which FF character would you like to be cast as (either as VA or motion capture) in a modern remake?
4. If you've done motion capture work before, how do you feel the technology is progressing?/How has the experience changed over time?
5. What do you think your character did after the battle for Insomnia ended? (Are we sure none of these guys die in the film?)

These are all gold, thank you! <3

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Between #4 & #5, I'd ask Liam: What was the experience like moving from Kingsglaive into reprising Libertus in Comrades: Were there any notable differences in process / technology, or did you get different sense of connection to either the story content or the fans in one or the other – given the different narrative and mediums each had?

That's let you lean in more with the other two for the "What do you think happened to your characters after the battle for Insomnia ended?" in a way that'll let them build any sorts of connections that Liam might talk about as exclusive to his Comrades experience, that they didn't have the opportunity to make, that'll help prep those answers in a way that might make them a bit more special.

(B: when it comes to Episode Ignis, Chapter 1 of the game gives a pretty good idea of that. Ignis leaves and reads through all the papers covering the reports of the attack on the crown city before letting the other Chocobros know, and Gladio only reads a small part of it out loud. It's more than likely that given some of the small details and descriptions from the reports (which would almost certainly involve the Wall and KotR fighting Diamond Weapon), he likely either heard rumors about the ring being used by a Glaive (since he never mentions Nyx directly by name in his DLC), put those pieces together with bits and pieces of information from the various reports on what happened, or since their phones still work he may have also verified with a couple personal sources / contacts that aren't story-relevant to drop into exposition. There's enough there to such that it's believable that he was willing to make a gamble on that later on when all odds are against him).

X :neo:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I will say that if we are to interview these guys, we need to ask them sooner rather than later. Trying to pop it on them shortly before the con would be hellish, particularly since it's already a one-day event jam packed with activities.

I'm buds with Liam and Will, I could probably ask them, and they could possibly check and see if Adrian's on board. I don't see why they wouldn't be.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
@lithiumkatana17 Mo is asking Alex and them to sort it out for us. If you can ask them too then that'd be grand though!

Love it! Thanks @X-SOLDIER !

Can either of you two confirm that all three of these characters survive the end of the film so we don't awkwardly ask them what they think they got up to afterwards?

2. How did you prepare?
3. Which FF character would you like to be cast as (either as VA or motion capture) in a modern remake?
4. If you've done motion capture work before, how do you feel the technology is progressing?/How has the experience changed over time?
5. What was the experience like moving from Kingsglaive into reprising Libertus in Comrades: Were there any notable differences in process / technology, or did you get different sense of connection to either the story content or the fans in one or the other – given the different narrative and mediums each had?
6. What do you think your character did after the battle for Insomnia ended?

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
OOHHHH I LOVE THAT!

2. How did you prepare?
5. What was the experience like moving from Kingsglaive into reprising Libertus in Comrades: Were there any notable differences in process / technology, or did you get different sense of connection to either the story content or the fans in one or the other – given the different narrative and mediums each had?
6. Liam: What do you think your character did after the battle for Insomnia ended? Adrian: How do you feel about your character's ambiguous demise? Do you kind of hope Drautos actually survived?

Perfetto! Few more if anyone's got anything and I'd reckon we can be done! <3 Thanks guys!

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
On that note: We DO have Drautos' Armour in Comrades with the new standalone update, even if we don't have him in it, which is worth mentioning, since that's also something new.

To me it sort of feels like it was designed as an early model with the idea of adding him in as an extra boss fight, before development got cut short (since as the in-game as a wearable item, it's not set up to be re-coloured like most all of the other costumes are). I'd double check with @The Twilight Mexican on that specifically, since I think he got it recently and might be able to speculate some.

X:neo:

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Thanks dude! If Tres has any more thoughts on it I'm sure we can wrangle that into a question somehow along the lines of asking Adrian whether he knew anything about that? If he heard he was going to have more of a role later that then amounted to nothing? Or at least if he likes it or something haha :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Is there any specific question we can have for Will, since Liam and Adrian both have one? I can't think of any myself since I've still only seen Kingsglaive once, but maybe X, Tres, or Lith can :monster:

Tried to think of some good questions but I'm mostly drawing blanks; agree with Carlie's suggestion about making sure we don't ask the same questions everyone else asks. Gotta make people come right to TLS for this interview. ;)
I thought of a question about how they feel about XV as a whole and it's journey, but that's probably been done before. If I think of anything unique I'll put it here.

Fangu

Great Old One
Did he even have a chance to prepare? :monster:

I mean, considering how end results look we might think actors are given all sorts of information up front, but there's a chance he had two emails and a phone call before going in, and then being given a four minute introduction to the character and a piece of paper in his hand :wacky:

Also, I know Liam is pretty aware of his character's arc (most likely due to researching it himself for fan interactions like cons), but it's not a given every actor knows what even became of his character. There's a legendary interview with the guy voicing Noel in XIII-2 where he's asked about the ending and he's like 'well, uh, you know, uh, it was a happy ending --"*

I guess what I'm saying is, don't assume anything? :wackymonster:

* That's what separates a mediocre director from a good one, Noel's actor didn't have to know what was going on, he was instructed how to approach his lines

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Oh yeah for sure! If one of them answers that they had no time and very little preparation though I'd be interested to hear that you know? Like as a fan I wanna hear more about how it went down so that's still interesting to me.

Top Bottom