Kingdom Hearts III

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
The leaks almost got me on youtube. Can't enjoy the music without fear of thumbnail spoilers. Also pre-ordered mine like a week or so ago.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
At least the game comes out tomorrow in Japan and then on Saturday it gets the Epilogue DLC. Plus it's only another four days after the Japanese release that the rest of the world gets the game and the next couple of days is the full ending-both Epilogue and Secret Ending.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Nomura reconsidering simultaneous worldwide releases in the future because of KHIII leak

Nomura said:
I believe there was misinformation that made it seem as though it ‘leaked in massive quantities from multiple sources,’ but in fact only four copies made it out there, and we confirmed that though the leak came from a single source, it seemed like multiple due to how the copies were scattered. That being said, the only thing that really disappointed me about everything is that it brought sad thoughts to people who were looking forward to Kingdom Hearts III. The risk is higher with simultaneous worldwide releases, and because of this incident I can’t help but reconsider what I’ll do for my next games, including simultaneous worldwide releases of physical copies at the very least.

In other words, he's considering punishing all regions that aren't Japan because Japanese players may have gotten spoiled/been able to access spoilers early.

He doesn't seem the slightest bit concerned that releasing it in Japan before everywhere else (which was still done with this release anyway -- Japan got it four days sooner) means that spoiling/access to spoilers would be possible for players everywhere else. For how many years have we been sustaining ourselves on fan translations of Japanese footage from FF and KH games while waiting months for official releases in the rest of the world? Outside of the MMO players among us, FFXV was the first time we didn't have to do that.

For that matter, even when games are released in Japan first by a significant margin, there are always leaks of those within the week leading up to release anyway.

Between this and his admission that he makes a point not to maintain a rapport with the fandom, Nomura has demonstrated that he is incredibly out of touch. SE executives inexplicably continue to treat him like he's this young blood with fresh ideas, but he hasn't been that for a very long time. Just because he doesn't dress his age doesn't make him any less of a grumpy old fogey at heart.

In the immortal words of @lithiumkatana17, this fool can suck a fart out of my ass.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Nomura is full of shit... I don't get it... cause some jackass stole some copies the answer is to... not do simultaneous releases?

Also, has anyone else heard of this? People in Belgium and Netherlands are getting their copies tomorrow cause "The publisher pushed the release date"... idk if it's a digital thing yet, but many of them are getting their copies earlier. And before someone says "Maybe it's a mistake" It's not:

https://www.budgetgaming.nl/nieuws/5814/kingdom-hearts-iii-releasedatum-vervroegd-naar-morgen.html

... why the hell would Square push the release in TWO countries but not the rest of the world?... what is going on?

I'm hoping this somehow ends up being a digital thing so the rest of us can at least have access to a digital English copy.

Attachments

• 20190125_160613.jpg
    20190125_160613.jpg
    739.7 KB · Views: 2
  • unknown.png
    unknown.png
    452.5 KB · Views: 2

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Nomura reconsidering simultaneous worldwide releases in the future because of KHIII leak

In other words, he's considering punishing all regions that aren't Japan because Japanese players may have gotten spoiled/been able to access spoilers early.

He doesn't seem the slightest bit concerned that releasing it in Japan before everywhere else (which was still done with this release anyway -- Japan got it four days sooner) means that spoiling/access to spoilers would be possible for players everywhere else. For how many years have we been sustaining ourselves on fan translations of Japanese footage from FF and KH games while waiting months for official releases in the rest of the world? Outside of the MMO players among us, FFXV was the first time we didn't have to do that.

For that matter, even when games are released in Japan first by a significant margin, there are always leaks of those within the week leading up to release anyway.

Between this and his admission that he makes a point not to maintain a rapport with the fandom, Nomura has demonstrated that he is incredibly out of touch. SE executives inexplicably continue to treat him like he's this young blood with fresh ideas, but he hasn't been that for a very long time. Just because he doesn't dress his age doesn't make him any less of a grumpy old fogey at heart.

Does this mean the rest of the world won't be getting anymore games ever again after KH3? If so, then it's not fair!

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Oh, okay. But still, it's not Nomura's fault some bastard just couldn't wait and felt the need to take the situation into his own hands and then this causes Nomura to go back to how games were released several months or a year apart all over again.(Example: KH2 didn't get released outside Japan until 2006 which was a year after it's Japanese release)

Top Bottom