New Dissidia Arcade Game (NT)

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I would say it's Gilgamesh if it's a Villain, mostly because he cameo'd in nearly all FFs at this point, so he's a good curveball.

Though if I'm being honest I want to play as Caius Ballad.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Could be either Ardyn or someone from FFXIV.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
I was expecting him to use that big ice scythe from the intro of LR, and like Lightning I thought he would use some of Shiva’s attacks.

During the stream Nomura caught onto the data mine. He wasn’t happy that all the surprises were ruined. They announced that there will not be another season pass, and they new characters will be added ‘another way’.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dissidia/comments/akvy7e

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
....Why the fuck is Nomura so emotional about shit?

Leaks happen.

Welcome to the 21st century.

No one cares.

We're happy to get the characters anyways. God save us from emotional man-children.

Anyways, the updates are awesome and I eagerly await the new content they have in store.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Number 1: I think he's still salty about the KH3 leaks that some moron decided to go and steal copies of the English versions of the game and sell it earlier then schedule. Though maybe if he hadn't said that the game was complete back in November 2 months before the actual game release, then it wouldn't be much of a problem.

Secondly: I think Nomura's one of those people who hadn't absorbed change of how things go these days. Plus you can't blame him that all of his hard work had been stolen and he has to make the difficult decisions to try and make sure this doesn't happen again. Plus he's the character designer of most Final Fantasy characters and is the father of Kingdom Hearts, whether both Disney and Square own the series or not.

But back to the subject of Dissidia NT. I'm hoping to at least see Tifa this year as a returning character.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Well shit, they're really going to withhold the characters everyone wants? Fuck that. This game is now officially dead to me.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Some people act like "emotional man children" when you don't get the DLC you want, so I think it's only fair that Nomura can say how he feels about leaks.

This was his hard work, and when people rip that hard work out of his hands, it makes him reasonably upset.

That said, I'm still somewhat disappointed they chose Snow over Caius... just seems to me he made a stronger antagonist for Lightning.

Also, can anyone explain what they mean by 3D character versions??? We talking digital gallery figures or what?

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Some people act like "emotional man children" when you don't get the DLC you want, so I think it's only fair that Nomura can say how he feels about leaks.

This was his hard work, and when people rip that hard work out of his hands, it makes him reasonably upset.

That said, I'm still somewhat disappointed they chose Snow over Caius... just seems to me he made a stronger antagonist for Lightning.

Also, can anyone explain what they mean by 3D character versions??? We talking digital gallery figures or what?

No one's ripped the work out of his hands. What are you even talking about?

The work is still his and still there. Just because they failed to properly encrypt the data of the game's DLC and reveal what is supposed to be there, doesn't somehow "take" his work from him.

Furthermore it's super shitty and ridiculous to punish EVERY SINGLE PLAYER for what a single individual did in revealing its contents.

Unless you expect the fanbase to be some coordinated hive mind capable of zeroing and eliminating a threat to the supposed sanctity of Nomura's work akin to an organism's immune system, it's absurd to expect leaks to somehow never happen in the 21st century on the internet.

What the fuck type of logic is that?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

Literally nothing has been taken from him. He's being an irrational, whiny borderline-xenophobic dickhead.

It would be Nomura -- the proudly out-of-touchreach-from-fans developer -- who only finds out during a live event that people around the world have known about something like this for months. It would also be Japan Is All That Matters-sama to suggest something like "keep the best things for Japan, where people are more used to following the rules."

Here's an idea for Verum Rex himself: If you want to make products with a global reach in this day and time, maybe you need to play by reasonable expectations of those parameters.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I seem to have hit a sore point here.

I'm just saying a developer has the right to express their opinion on the progress (or delay) of their own works, and if a leak causes problems with the game's schedule, yeah... I would be frustrated too.

I'm not saying he should take it out on the userbase or fans, that in and of itself is wrong... But something should be addressed to resolve the leak problem at the very least... Including stuff like Kingdom Hearts among other projects.

As for the Japan-only mentality... that's been a longstanding issue with many companies on that Island Nation, not just Square-Enix. Much of the reasoning behind it is a matter of convenience (i.e. saving money) rather than xenophobia...

I'd say that there are Japanese game companies RIGHT NOW who are making all the efforts they can to appeal to the Western Audience as much as they can manage... But it just so happens most of the devs that do are from smaller companies and not a big problematic corporation like SE is.

The bigger a company is, the harder it is for them to adapt to certain methods or tactics when releasing a product.

It's why some companies actually outsource their localization and promotion so that they let the pros handle most of the PR here in the west.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Or y'know, just stop giving a shit about leaks. Gamers don't care about surprise reveals. Especially not if it involves a season pass. We want to know what we're getting, where, when, and how. Maybe why in there in the mix too, but the bottom line is that Square has this tendency to think that a bunch of hype and pomp does them any favors. The last couple years, it's ALWAYS backfired.

They should just stop that old fashioned bullshit, and just tell us what they intend to do. It's a job. You're selling a product.. Flush your personal feelings when you get into the office.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Gamers don't care about surprise reveals. Especially not if it involves a season pass. We want to know what we're getting, where, when, and how.

It depends on the venue/genre of game. Competitive gamers and the Esports venue eat surprise hype like hungry animals.
Advertising is important, but sometimes the method and topography has to be considered.

RPGs, Action, Adventure, yeah I can understand people want to know what they're getting... But fighting games as a genre are always scrounging around for new ideas to keep the userbase interested and happy and surprised.

This is doubly true for Arcade-based games which have a smaller means of access to the game as opposed to game consoles or PC.

Regions also have to be considered: like for example you're more likely to find PC gamers in China than console users, because that's just how they play.

Same goes for Japan, they prioritize Cellphone games over Console or PC because that's what's popular.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
It depends on the venue/genre of game. Competitive gamers and the Esports venue eat surprise hype like hungry animals.
Advertising is important, but sometimes the method and topography has to be considered.

RPGs, Action, Adventure, yeah I can understand people want to know what they're getting... But fighting games as a genre are always scrounging around for new ideas to keep the userbase interested and happy and surprised.

This is doubly true for Arcade-based games which have a smaller means of access to the game as opposed to game consoles or PC.

Regions also have to be considered: like for example you're more likely to find PC gamers in China than console users, because that's just how they play.

Same goes for Japan, they prioritize Cellphone games over Console or PC because that's what's popular.

I'm seriously skeptical that they like surprises THAT much. It sounds stupid to want to gamble with your money that way.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
If you've seen half the posts I've read where they're always saying "we want new/returning characters or no buy" or "what version of the game is this?", like any and all morsels of new content are the most important aspect of any game ever...

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
That doesn't mean they want it kept a secret. They're asking because they want the info ASAP. And SE doesn't know how to properly handle that. They wait far too long for reveals, and often overhype underwhelming results due a severe lack of understanding of what gamers want.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Secret or not, there's a window of time before conception and release.

If a game dev has an idea he wants to implement for his game, he can't just go "Oh hey, how about this character?" and just announce it like it's in the works as if it was a guaranteed thing.

This is why Leaks are a royal pain, because stuff gets revealed prematurely before a project gets confirmed or finished.

Top Bottom