• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FF7 Headcanons and Discussion

I imagine that Scarlet took a special interest in Rosso of Deepground.

Both characters are deeply associated with the color red. I also see vague similarities in their mannerisms. Scarlet doesn't shy away from killing her own soldiers or leaving any sort of blood trail. Rosso is actively bloodthirsty and kills anyone in her path. She's like Scarlet on steroids.

Depending on how old you place Scarlet to be, I imagine that the young Rosso became her favorite pet project in Deepground. She saw in Rosso a similar spirit to her own. In a twisted way she felt like an older sister or perhaps even a mother to Rosso. Of course her way of expressing that "affection" would be to put Rosso through ever more unreasonable battle trials and on occasion trying to shape Rosso through verbal abuse.

Unconsciously this would make Rosso adopt aspects of Scarlet's manners and "color-code" so to speak. Rosso's path in life was already clear but it may have been Scarlet who turned the Deepground soldier into Rosso the Crimson of the Tsviets.

If the online mode of DoC had been more long-lived and expanded upon I think that a flashback cutscene between these two red-clad ladies would have been appropriate.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I imagine that Scarlet took a special interest in Rosso of Deepground.

Both characters are deeply associated with the color red. I also see vague similarities in their mannerisms. Scarlet doesn't shy away from killing her own soldiers or leaving any sort of blood trail. Rosso is actively bloodthirsty and kills anyone in her path. She's like Scarlet on steroids.

Depending on how old you place Scarlet to be, I imagine that the young Rosso became her favorite pet project in Deepground. She saw in Rosso a similar spirit to her own. In a twisted way she felt like an older sister or perhaps even a mother to Rosso. Of course her way of expressing that "affection" would be to put Rosso through ever more unreasonable battle trials and on occasion trying to shape Rosso through verbal abuse.

Unconsciously this would make Rosso adopt aspects of Scarlet's manners and "color-code" so to speak. Rosso's path in life was already clear but it may have been Scarlet who turned the Deepground soldier into Rosso the Crimson of the Tsviets.

If the online mode of DoC had been more long-lived and expanded upon I think that a flashback cutscene between these two red-clad ladies would have been appropriate.

I adopt this h/c, because it makes so much sense.

Aerith has the memorization- and arithmetical skills of a genius.

This is barely even a headcanon since it's right there in our faces in Crisis Core. See Aerith's reaction after Zack builds a flower wagon.

Aerith: Not quite...what I expected.

Zack: Really?
I think it’s fine.
It’s all about the flowers, anyway.

Aerith: I want a nicer one.

Zack: Stop being so picky!

Aerith: A tiny little wish, that’s all.

Zack: They’re tiny, but you have lots, right?

Aerith: That’s right, wanna hear?

Zack: How many you got?

Aerith: Hmm...twenty...three?

Zack: Write them down, so I don’t forget.

In the span of 2-3 seconds Aerith is able to come up with- and count 23 wishes. Let's think about that for a second. How many wishes, critiques, comments etc can you come up with even for the most thought-provoking of subjects in less than thirty seconds? For that matter, can you easily count them all in just a few seconds? Chances are the answer to the latter question is "no".

The difference in intellect between Zack and Aerith is also further emphasized given what happens immediately afterwards. Aerith spends 10 seconds writing the note for Zack, then hands it over and Zack never questions how Aerith supposedly was able to write down 23 WISHES IN A SPAN OF 10 SECONDS. The scene is quite fluid with no indication of pauses that the audience wasn't allowed to see.

Going back to the counting, it's not like Aerith was pulling Zack's leg. She really did come up with 23 tiny wishes, as further evidenced by the note she wrote to Zack.
I have 23 tiny wishes.
But you probably won’t remember them all,
so I put them all together into one:
I’d like to spend more time with you.

It is thusly my headcanon that, for example, Aerith always kept a close count in her head of just how many flowers there were in the church. She may even have kept it in memory how many flower petals were present. If a single flower or a single flower petal was missing, Aerith would know it.

In parallel to growing up and feeling different due to her Cetran heritage, Aerith may have felt an uncomfortable disconnect early on when she noticed that others just didn't naturally keep numbers in their head like she did. So beyond a few out-in-the-open Rain Man moments in her early youth, she kept her counting- and memorization talents to herself just so to not freak people out. With Zack however she knew that he was such an oblivious airhead that she didn't have to hide anything. This may be part of why she liked his company so much: She could be herself around him.

Last edited:

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Aerith has the memorization- and arithmetical skills of a genius.

This is barely even a headcanon since it's right there in our faces in Crisis Core. See Aerith's reaction after Zack builds a flower wagon.

In the span of 2-3 seconds Aerith is able to come up with- and count 23 wishes. Let's think about that for a second. How many wishes, critiques, comments etc can you come up with even for the most thought-provoking of subjects in less than thirty seconds? For that matter, can you easily count them all in just a few seconds? Chances are the answer to the latter question is "no".

The difference in intellect between Zack and Aerith is also further emphasized given what happens immediately afterwards. Aerith spends 10 seconds writing the note for Zack, then hands it over and Zack never questions how Aerith supposedly was able to write down 23 WISHES IN A SPAN OF 10 SECONDS. The scene is quite fluid with no indication of pauses that the audience wasn't allowed to see.

Going back to the counting, it's not like Aerith was pulling Zack's leg. She really did come up with 23 tiny wishes, as further evidenced by the note she wrote to Zack.

It is thusly my headcanon that, for example, Aerith always kept a close count in her head of just how many flowers there were in the church. She may even have kept it in memory how many flower petals were present. If a single flower or a single flower petal was missing, Aerith would know it.

In parallel to growing up and feeling different due to her Cetran heritage, Aerith may have felt an uncomfortable disconnect early on when she noticed that others just didn't naturally keep numbers in their head like she did. So beyond a few out-in-the-open Rain Man moments in her early youth, she kept her counting- and memorization talents to herself just so to not freak people out. With Zack however she knew that he was such an oblivious airhead that she didn't have to hide anything. This may be part of why she liked his company so much: She could be herself around him.

That's really heartwarming.

Just read this lovely headcanon over at finalfantasyforums.net.

Dionysos said:
latest

Mr. Dolphin was once a performing animal at a Shinra-sponsored sealife park at Junon (a bit like Sea World). This is why Mr. Dolphin appears on logos printed on kid t-shirts during the remake trailer:

latest

Priscilla broke him free, but Mr. Dolphin decided to stay close to Junon so that he could watch over Priscilla.

His history as the star of a dolphin show is why it was actually logical and not silly at all that the party decided to use Mr. Dolphin to fly Cloud up to the upper levels of Junon... The show-trained Mr. Dolphin was perfect for this.

I've just made up this headcanon on the spot and haven't thought it through at all.... But I kinda like it.

Jessie wanted to become an engineer and read about the works of many Shinra engineers, one of them being Bugenhagen. By some luck she found out about Bugenhagen's move away from Shinra, his settlement in Cosmo Canyon and the study of planet life. Up until then Jessie had wanted to join a Shinra engineering program but upon learning about the truth of mako/spirit energy all those considerations went away.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jessie wanted to become an engineer and read about the works of many Shinra engineers, one of them being Bugenhagen. By some luck she found out about Bugenhagen's move away from Shinra, his settlement in Cosmo Canyon and the study of planet life. Up until then Jessie had wanted to join a Shinra engineering program but upon learning about the truth of mako/spirit energy all those considerations went away.

That's plausible.

New headcannon. When Sephiroth was a child he once tried calling Hojo "dad", but the scientist coldly rebuffed it. Even though he was Sephiorth's father, he wanted his son to have no attachments, not even with himself. Although he does pride himself on being Sephiroth's father, he actually doesn't want to have a personal relationship with him. He's less a father and more a creator.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I have this weird headcanon (a fic probably put it there) that Tifa's Father is the Mayor of Nibelheim. Anyone know where this one came from?

When you meet him in the flashback, he says
I'm the town's... ...... ......!?
Aren't you Cloud?

Then he goes on with that "stay away from my daughter" bit. But... that's it, no?

The town's what, Mr. Lockheart!?

Just saw this question, but to answer what Tifa's dad is... He is the village chief. The FF 20th Anniversay Ultimania has that as his title next to the sketch of him.
Could you provide a photo or a scan for those of us who don't have the FF 20th Anniversary Ultimania? I trust you but I prefer complete citation, including picture reference, Japanese transcriptions and page reference. :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
There are obviously no shortage of ways that this could be the case, but it is interesting that Cloud and his mom don't share their last name. (though I suppose they basically share a first name :lol: )

Top Bottom