• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster [PS3/PS4/Vita]

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Replaying X for the first time in at least...gotta be 10 yrs? I have a lot to say actually, seems like this thread is more about game mechanics/quests/etc than plot discussion...but anyway, an aside:
I never noticed this before, and I must find out what the name of the song is, but...it plays as you are preparing to leave Besaid with Yuna, she is convinced to leave behind her 'luggage'. The main melody, is like an almost direct interpretation/variation of Aeris' Theme, only a different key...found it very interesting

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
That'd be "Yuna's Theme" me thinks.
Ahhh, duhhh!! Yeah, I shouldve figured the song that plays as Yuna's character is first properly introduced, and as she takes the first few steps.of her journey, would be...her theme, lol. Like I said, first time through in about a decade, so everything is quite alien. I wasnt even sure that the song repeated...like, ever!

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
They sometimes don't. My favourite song in FF9 was Sword of Fury, and they only played the damn thing once in the first hour and then you never heard it again. Complete madness.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Uematsu was so fucking on fire here that he could afford to essentially throw brilliant tunes away by the handful, as essentially "Video Game B-Sides"...and THOSE songs were still better 99% of the main themes out there. These were heady times for VG soundtracks, lol

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
For some reason I thought Uematsu only composed a few tracks in X. I just checked though, and it's actually about 2/3rds of them by him.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
For some reason I thought Uematsu only composed a few tracks in X. I just checked though, and it's actually about 2/3rds of them by him.
Geez man, yeah, I had always been under the impression almost all of it was him (FFX was the one that featured a 'recording journal' during production, wasn't it?? With long shenanigan-ridden asides, like taking his young nephew clothes shopping before the two of them end up hopelessly distracted by women's underwear, lol), so you had me worried for a minute there. A big part of why the FF Golden Age IS the "Golden Age" is Uematsu's unshakeable presence.

Fun Fact

In FFX-2: International+Last Mission for the PS2 there is an early Advent Children trailer accessed from the start menu. Select the rightmost option, 特典映像 (Bonus Video), to see it.

I've had a sealed copy of this version of the game for years but only bothered to boot it up right now because I wanted to confirm that it doesn't have HDD support and indeed FFX-2 does not make use of the HDD. Also confirmed that the original JP release of Kingdom Hearts II doesn't make use of the hard disk drive for the PS2.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
"Coming in Summer 2004"

488.gif

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
After 3-4 yrs, I am finally 100% done with X and X-2!!!!!

Cheesed the final boss, got confused and Yuna tossed my gun mage DS at the boss and destroyed my "MP heal over time" ability. I had like 100+ MP to spam Mini-Demi.

Top Bottom