• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

More to Come in June... Tifa & Wall Market?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
So, I just had the thought that the June/E3 update around the Remake, I have a feeling that they're gonna want to REALLY hit hard with the game. It's pretty clear that the State of Play trailer had Tifa in the visible team roster but visually kept her from appearing in the footage. I'm hoping that we get a flashback to the wish, and some shots of the Slums & 7th Heaven, since that'll also let us see Marlene and potentially get a taste of what some of the more explorable areas of the game are gonna be like.

Normally I think that her reveal alone would be pretty significant, but the inclusion of APS as a boss fight makes me think that there's a decent possibility that they're gonna give us a look at cross-dressing Cloud since they've answered enough interview questions around it that I think they know it'll make a big impact to tease it, even if they don't show it off in its entirety.

I am curious if they're going to tease Red XIII and any of the Shinra HQ stuff with the next update, or if that'll be kept for later.

Anyhow – Any thoughts on what might be coming with the next update?

X :neo:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Specific things that will be revealed....I dunno. Tifa for sure, and I would love to see the Wall Market itself, I could see them keeping Cloud in a dress close to the vest, haha.

Honestly what I am more interested in seeing than anything else (except maybe Tifa), is some sort of plan as to the release and parts and stuff. Do we think they'll tell us? Or would we get a release date for part 1 but no other information about it?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I felt sorry for Cloud wearing a dress in the OG. Now I'm gonna feel even more sorry for him, especially when in the Remake we'll be seeing him wearing actual make-up. In fact, I can just picture him wearing purple eye-shadow and red lipstick right now.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
@ForceStealer I'm really feeling like the release date thing is pretty likely, which is interesting because it feels like that also carries a lot of other speculation with it about the lifecycle for the PS5. I feel like they've been pushing HARD on social media for as much visibility as they can. From a marketing standpoint, you don't do a teaser and try really hard to get visibility when you have a follow-up planned that's announced on the teaser media, unless you can get something that'll really start getting action.

I feel like the release date is going to be a way for them to try and open the floodgates on preorders to get a sense of where things are at for immediate hype from a monetary standpoint, which is a good move as a business. If they can manage that hype and expectation, and have a release window that's achievable for them now, then I think that they're really gonna be ready to roll with it and get everyone aboard the Hype train, because this is the best opportunity to stifle fears and get a massive amount of attention.

Coming in without it is possible, but just given that the trailer had the "More to come in June" makes it feel like they're ready for that, and they don't want to undercut their own hype with the same stuff that's got Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima in that weird limbo of "please be excited" where we don't really know what's happening with them.

Also – I am all about some Hardy Daytona & Hardedge Cloud – especially because that might mean a chance of having a loot of the motorcycle chase (I wonder if they'll make a minigame from it that you can do as a challenge mode, like they did with the FFXV DLC chapters. Not quite the scope of the full-blown online mobile game, but something close maybe?)

X :neo:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Yeah, the structure and content of the multiple installment/part release is the element I am most interested in seeing/learning more about presently.

Also revealing/clarifying whether the English dub cast has been partially or completely recast, or if the different voice actors in the teaser were just placeholders for some reason?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Yeah, the structure and content of the multiple installment/part release is the element I am most interested in seeing/learning more about presently.

For the multiple installment part thing, it might be a trilogy or it could even be in four parts. The OG came in three discs back in the PS1 era 22 years ago, and considering how big that was and how huge the Remake will be, maybe four parts will be more likely.

Also revealing/clarifying whether the English dub cast has been partially or completely recast, or if the different voice actors in the teaser were just placeholders for some reason?

I still have a feeling it's a complete recast for the English dub(which to me sucks since I like the Advent Children cast and I still don't understand why the original voices of Cloud and Sephiroth were replaced when they did their work in the spin-offs their characters were in in the recent years). I mean, why go through all the hassle for different voice actors just for a placeholder and/or a teaser trailer?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Wonder why that's the case.

Edit: From what I'm understanding, the union strike ended not that long ago(maybe a year or two) and both Steve and George were still voicing Cloud and Sephiroth in Dissidia NT and the FFVII events of Mobius at the time.

Maybe it's more likely with Hayden when she wasn't even asked to return as Kairi or informed that she'd been replaced, only this time it's the entire English cast of FFVII, which seems strange and well, unfair.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, I really do expect a release date (or at least a window) for part one, but what I'm less certain/more hopeful for is an outline of the "partition" plans.

Good call Theozilla on the voice actors, I forgot about that angle. And that's interesting Tash, it would depend on when they made the actual trailer as to whether it was voiced during the strike. That would explain a reason for "placeholders."
As I've said before, I'm okay if the voices DO change as long as they're good. Beau Billingslea is the one I most pine for because I love Barret and I know that he's factually a great actor.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Voice actors are fairly underappreciated.

I suppose that's a good point. Then again some physical actors tend to be a bit too pushy when it comes to money and reprising their roles in certain areas. As far as I recall, 20th Century FOX refused to pay Will Smith the ridiculous amount just to reprise his role in the second movie of Independence Day, which was why his character was killed off.

Yeah, I really do expect a release date (or at least a window) for part one, but what I'm less certain/more hopeful for is an outline of the "partition" plans.

Good call Theozilla on the voice actors, I forgot about that angle. And that's interesting Tasha, it would depend on when they made the actual trailer as to whether it was voiced during the strike. That would explain a reason for "placeholders."
As I've said before, I'm okay if the voices DO change as long as they're good. Beau Billingslea is the one I most pine for because I love Barret and I know that he's factually a great actor.

I'm not so sure about the release date part, but I'd be surprised if they manage to do so.

Hmm...It still doesn't make any sense, though. I mean, if the release date is much closer than we think and they had mentioned that the voice acting was almost finished back in 2017, why put in 'Placeholders' during that time and have Steve Burton and George Newbern voice Cloud and Sephiroth in the spin off-titles. Sure Steve did confirm that he wasn't asked to voice Cloud in KH3 due to the character's absence in the game, but he did also confirm his return for Dissidia NT and also for the Remake in the same year as the strike ended and now all of the sudden it's changed?

That just screams extremely odd and suspicious, and the placeholder thing for this...it doesn't add up.

Last edited:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I completely agree with the sentiment that it is very clear that Tifa is being withheld until a massive reveal in E3. Which means that we will see her in combat ... which would definitely be an opportune time to finally announce/showcase the Materia aspect of the combat system. So, I'm anticipating that with Tifa being featured in battles, we will see some kind of 'combo' synergy system revealed, alongside some detailed information on the new Materia system.

What I'm personally debating with though is whether they will go full out and show Magic at this point in time, or just focus on the Skills that various party members will have based on Materia being equipped. I'm hopeful that they will, since we've seen the basics of combat now, and Magic/Materia is what a lot of people are waiting for, plus, I'm personally routing with the Part I In Late 2019 / Early 2020 crowd.

In terms of locations, Tifa would be a fantastic moment to have a quick glimpse at locations beyond Midgar - like Nibelheim. And ending with a glimpse at the Shinra HQ would be incredible.

Random Nobody

local roach
I still have a feeling it's a complete recast for the English dub(which to me sucks since I like the Advent Children cast and I still don't understand why the original voices of Cloud and Sephiroth were replaced when they did their work in the spin-offs their characters were in in the recent years). I mean, why go through all the hassle for different voice actors just for a placeholder and/or a teaser trailer?

tc.png

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Ah. Fair enough. Where as for me I played KH1 and have watched AC in English because, well...I've always watched Japanese stuff with English Dub...except for a couple of the Godzilla movies which had no English voices lip-syching over the Japanese actors, Godzilla: Final Wars being the example. I know that I could play/watch in Japanese Dub and English Subtitles, but I have attachments to the original cast.

However, everyone is different with their likes.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
My wishful ass is wanting to see Tifa in a new trailer with also a little bit of exploration of the slums, something extra from the Avalanche crew, some of the second reactor bombing mission, President Shinra showing up, a little bit of Aerith's re-meeting, and leading up to and ending with Wall Market. I know it'll be more battles while I'm personally wanting to see party/npc interaction and exploration instead.

I don't expect to see anything further than Wall Market. If we do get anything beyond that point I'd be pleasantly surprised :mon:

I think I'm really pushing it by saying that I hope there's a gameplay demo. Pushing it even further by hoping that it's available for us to play ourselves. It'd probably be a demo of the first bombing mission which is eh, not my personal preference but I'd take anything at this stage.

Ariga

Sephiroth's Best Friend
I think the next trailer will definitely show Tifa. I hope to see some of the world outside Midgar, too, but that will depend on how many the Remake has and where part 1 ends. I also want to see Red. And a shirtless Sephiroth. Did I just say a shirtless Sephiroth? *whistles innocently*

pxp

Pro Adventurer
What I want more than a new trailer is a lengthy gameplay demo (like the one for God of War in 2016). How about that: a new trailer premieres at the concert (+ upload to YouTube) and an in-depth look at E3? :)
After the Magic Monaco 2017 screenshots, Nomura stated (iirc) that the next time it’s shown we’ll get some more in-depth gameplay analysis, which must also include the battle system. Obviously this hasn’t materialised literally, but if we take this teaser to be coterminous with next month’s material, there should be a good chance you’ll get your wish.

Top Bottom