• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Favorite FFVII Fanart

Gosh darn cute

D5aCKlJUIAAVJx3

- Twitter source

Not really, it's pretty standard in fanart circles that you ask permission before you repost. It's how they keep control over their work. Too many artists end up getting their work stolen, or their art becomes really popular but their name isn't attached to it, so they don't benefit from the fame of their work. If she doesn't want it posted here we ought to take it down.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Oh, I don't disagree about taking it down. I'd suggest keeping a link to it is fine, though. Because, well, it obviously is fine by any measure of Internet etiquette.

Still think "No, please don't proliferate the reach of my work and credit me with a link back to where it came from" is bizarre, but hey, not my call to make.

snailesque

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
snail
hi there, i’m the original artist of this piece. yes i did ask not to have my work reposted, and i have that written clearly on my art blog, but if it’s done then it’s done and i appreciate that you added a link to my twitter in your edit at least.

in the future it’s nice to ask first and provide credit. i don’t really benefit from having my art shared on a forum like this especially if it doesn’t have my name on it, although i appreciate the kind words.

also what’s with the speculation over my gender? lol, pls stop.

Lex

Administrator
hi there, i’m the original artist of this piece. yes i did ask not to have my work reposted, and i have that written clearly on my art blog, but if it’s done then it’s done and i appreciate that you added a link to my twitter in your edit at least.

in the future it’s nice to ask first and provide credit. i don’t really benefit from having my art shared on a forum like this especially if it doesn’t have my name on it, although i appreciate the kind words.

It's easy enough for us to remove it if you'd prefer. It's great work.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy

as the randy who posted the work, I'd also like to apologise. I spotted it being shared in another server and posted it here. I know you've already said that you're okay with it now, but given that it's because of a sort of resignation of what's been done, the whole situation still feels bad so I've gone ahead and deleted the post. Sorry again about the confusion! Absolutely no harm meant!

Last edited:

a_apple

Pro Adventurer
AKA
orange
I really think people make a bit of a big deal out of this. Out of politeness no doubt, but still. As long as the artist is credited, I don't think it's wrong to share fanart. The entire internet is build on the concept of sharing information freely. Fanart in itself is a expression of this...

a_apple

Pro Adventurer
AKA
orange
The will of the artist trumps everything elsein these situations.
I would strongly disagree with this. Images are meant to be shared on the internet. BUT I totally understand why fancy deleted the post. It was out of respect for the artist, which is a very kind thing to do! If l was in her place tho, I would just told him to put a sock in (Which doesn't changed the fact that the artwork itself was really great <3)

Last edited:
Top Bottom