• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Voice Actors Announced

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Details of the game’s voice cast:

Via the SE Press Site: https://press.na.square-enix.com/re...make-an-avalanche-of-information-from-e3-2019

What're everyone's thoughts about swapping off of the old VAs & onto these ones?

X:neo:

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I'm furious and disappointed. That's my reaction, but at the same time, I knew it happened from the moment the trailer came out a week or so ago. Then again I knew Steve's comment about reprising his role as Cloud was vague and knew that it was mainly for Dissidia NT and Mobius Final Fantasy in both the FFVII story scenario and the FFVII Remake Scenario. Same with George Newbern as Sephiroth.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
I like them well enough, I know a few of them pretty well and they're solid actors, plus everything we've heard so far I think they sound really good. And in a lot of ways it makes sense to break with the old VAs for a brand new remake, imo.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I do think Cody Christian is giving a better performance than Steve Burton has, but I don't know if that's because of voice acting talent or better voice direction. Beau Billingslea never got to give a performance beyond a few lines, but I do think he has more experience and talent than his new one. But I do get that Beau Billingslea is 75 years old and the risk of him dying before the Remake is done is a valid concern. Aerith and Tifa's new VAs are fine and but so were their most recent ones, neither a plus or minus. For Sephiroth, after the State of Play trailer, I was worried about him not having the same gravitas as Newbern, but with the most recent trailer I am much more impressed (he nailed the seductive element of Sephiroth's character), so wait and see.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I think I'd like the new ones more if they weren't trying so hard to sound like the old ones. I mean I don't get the point in replacing VAs that are going to sound the same no matter what.. unless it was a contract dispute or something.

Overall I don't mind, they sound like they'll be fine actors in the trailers we've seen so I guess we'll just see for now.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I wanna know who it was on Teen Wolf that was the massive FFVII fan and got a bunch of their co-stars to audition for parts for the Remake. I think it's pretty cool that Cloud & Sephiroth's VAs have a history of acting together. Depending on how the recording process is done, that's the kind of thing that'll be able to provide a lot to those two's dialogue in building up the relationship between them.

I am curious WHY it happened, but I think that the end result isn't gonna be hurt by the change.
Also, having the characters sound consistent is something that I wouldn't call it just trying to sound like the old VAs.

X :neo:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Tyler Hoechlin better step up his game if he's gonna be Sephiroth.

I expect great things from you Tyler, do not fuck this up. Please.

I wanna know who it was on Teen Wolf that was the massive FFVII fan and got a bunch of their co-stars to audition for parts for the Remake. I think it's pretty cool that Cloud & Sephiroth's VAs have a history of acting together. Depending on how the recording process is done, that's the kind of thing that'll be able to provide a lot to those two's dialogue in building up the relationship between them.

I am curious WHY it happened, but I think that the end result isn't gonna be hurt by the change.
Also, having the characters sound consistent is something that I wouldn't call it just trying to sound like the old VAs.

LOL, I know right??? What the hell??

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
That's Gideon Emery as Biggs?? Wow, what a transformation.

I think Cody Christian is carrying the lead very well so far. I've liked his performance a lot, especially the little battle tags. "Going all in!"
Britt Baron's doing great, close enough to the other Tifa voices but more towards what I always imagined. A little more cold and dark.

Carlie said in the stream that Erica Lindbeck's voice (Jessie) would fit Aeris really well, and I'm inclined to agree. Overall though, what's been released so far has been pretty great, and the entire cast sounds leagues closer to my imagination than in the other compilation titles.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I think I'd like the new ones more if they weren't trying so hard to sound like the old ones. I mean I don't get the point in replacing VAs that are going to sound the same no matter what.. unless it was a contract dispute or something.

Overall I don't mind, they sound like they'll be fine actors in the trailers we've seen so I guess we'll just see for now.

Considering how three of them are Teen Wolf actors, it sounds like SE went directly to an agency/studio to handle the dub for them.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I feel like Quinton Flynn has a good chance of being kept though, since he still voices Axel. And part of the franchise mythology gag/homage was that Nomura said he conceived of Axel’s character as a what-if Reno was a KH character. So if his Japanese actor is still the same I would imagine them continueing that trend/trope.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I feel like Quinton Flynn has a good chance of being kept though, since he still voices Axel. And part of the franchise mythology gag/homage was that Nomura said he conceived of Axel’s character as a what-if Reno was a KH character. So if his Japanese actor is still the same I would imagine them continueing that trend/trope.

Wow. In all the hype, the Turks were totally blasted out of my head.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Honestly, the changes have me really excited. I liked the prior actors, but I always came away hoping that the performance had been a little better. Whether it was a flat line here or a strange effort noise there, something always seemed a bit off. It felt like watching a good friend make a mistake, if that makes sense; I wanted to support the person, but I still thought something was wrong. Not saying the new actors will be flawless, but this seems like a good time to implement a change that (I felt) was necessary.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie

As much as I want to agree, that's just not possible. The reality is that the Japanese Cast of Advent Children have all returned for the Remake, so Cloud's Japanese Actor still voices him in this game. With the English Dub, it's been decided that because it's a Remake, they wanted new actors instead of asking most of the English Dub actors to return which is very sad.

So no, Quinton Flynn does not have a good chance in reprising his role as Reno as much as I want that to happen like with most of the Advent Children English Cast to return which was never meant to be. He's only asked to continue to voice Lea/Axel, and even then now after the release of ReMind in six or seven months time, I think they'll start going for newer more actors for future KH games too which is what I'm afraid of but probably will happen.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Maybe I'm alone in this, but I never really cared for George Newbern as Sephiroth. We didn't get to hear much of the new VA in the trailer, but his voice in general seems closer to what I heard in my head back in the day before the characters were voiced. Newbern's voice always felt like it never quite hit the right note.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
^Much the same, his voice always sounded too deep and too toneless for my liking. It was fine, and it was badass in its own way, but it always felt like it was just a bit short of what it should be.

When I was a kid playing the original game, Sephiroth actually sounded a lot closer to Lance Bass's dulcet tones in my head.

8917b5e262303cb85a769cdc0370c6cb.gif

Lex

Administrator
I remember that Tweet but I doubt I'd be able to find it quickly.

OT: I really love the new voices. Hearing them actually made me want to play the game with English voices, which is something no other VII title with voices has managed to do yet. The banter between Cloud and Barret during the Guard Scorpion (sorry, the Scorpion Sentinel!) was great, and Cloud had an appropriate level of attitude aswell :D

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
Did we ever learn with confidence who voiced Wedge in the PSX 2015 trailer? Just curious. Doesn't sound like the same VA as in these new trailers.
When that trailer dropped people trying to determine the voice actors were convinced that Wedge was Badger from Breaking Bad. So if the voice actor changed it would be a big coincidence, or SE were watching that discussion and thought him a fitting replacement.

I don't think any of the Avalanche three have changed since that trailer, because although I was never totally convinced, Gideon Emery and Erica Lindbeck were my best guesses for Biggs and Jessie.

Wasn't the first actor tweeting about it, and it was how it was directed or something? I don't remember who it was or if this is the same, though.
Not the same guy.

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
Details of the game’s voice cast:

Via the SE Press Site: https://press.na.square-enix.com/re...make-an-avalanche-of-information-from-e3-2019

What're everyone's thoughts about swapping off of the old VAs & onto these ones?

Wedge is being voiced by Badger! Amazing! ?? #BreakingBad

Top Bottom