• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

T&A; Tifa and Aerith

KnightInHeaven

...kupo?
AKA
MagetikKnight_FinalHeaven, Celes Lockhart, the Ex-General, Starbucks's Fanatic, Colossal Pillar of Regal Deity
Admittedly I have one oneshot romance fic for these two. :3 I ship them more than I do with Clack. I'm into yuri/yaoi and loosely ship the het couples.

Tifa and Aerith are truly amazing, so meant for one another. I guiltily imagined them having lovekids at some point. ^_^ :D anything is possible ;)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
tumblr_o2b51hpStu1qinbyso1_1280.png

tumblr_o2b51hpStu1qinbyso2_1280.png

tumblr_o2b51hpStu1qinbyso3_1280.png

tumblr_o2b51hpStu1qinbyso4_1280.png

tumblr_o2b51hpStu1qinbyso5_1280.png

tumblr_inline_o444n6cTTP1qh4i3m_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_o3z6w710IN1qh4i3m_500.png

tumblr_inline_o3yiwgqpMe1qh4i3m_500.png

Artist

Lex

Administrator
I've edited the thread title to get rid of the jargon that was there (symbols etc., are caused by moving from one forum software to another and the software can't understand a symbol).

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
I'm stirring this up from the grave to ask a specific question that a friend has brought up, lol.

What are some moments in the canon where Aerith is actively considering Tifa, thinking of her, or mentions her in a positive context etc? Like, we see Tifa crying over Aerith's death in OTWtaS, she touches her face tenderly after Sephiroth murders her, and we know that you gain favour with Tifa if you tell her that "We gotta save Aerith!" if Aerith is picked in Don Corneo's mansion (whilst you lose favour with Aerith if you say "We gotta save Tifa!" in the reverse scenario, interestingly enough). So, can anyone pinpoint those aerti positive moments as instigated by Aerith?

Hope that all made sense and thanks in advance!

:touchingu:

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I cant think of any quotes I’m afraid, it’s mostly just seeing them together whenever you’re in a town (lower Junon, Cosmo Canyon etc) and the fact that Aeris is the more outgoing one makes me think she instigated and pursues their friendship.

I'll be interested to see if anyone else comes up with some, because I can't think of any. Tifa and Aerith occasionally spend time together, eg in the Shildra Inn at Cosmo Canyon, but I can't remember a single Bechdel-type moment when Aerith is reflecting on Tifa in her own right.

I've never bought this idea that Tifa and Aerith were BFFs or even close friends. I think there is as much standing in the way of their friendship as there is bringing them together, even if there were no Cloud in the picture. It's Tifa's concern for others that has brought her on this quest: her worries about Cloud, and her grief over her lost comrades that makes her feel she has to 'push herself to the limit'. For Aerith, however, this quest is primarily a voyage of self-discovery. I wouldn't be surprised if Tifa thought Aerith was a bit pushy and selfish. I wouldn't be surprised if Aerith thought Tifa was too reserved and even a bit of a doormat.

I really don't want to get involved in an argument over why Tifa and Aerith are obviously best friends.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^for what it's worth, similar to how I felt about Zack and Cloud, I had a hard time buying into the idea that Tifa and Aerith were each other's best friends, but then idk ultimanias to me to stfu so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, from that same group of friends, this quote was pointed out:

Tifa
"It's too late..... Marlene... Barret... the people of the slums."

Aerith
"Don't give up, never give up hope. It's not easy to destroy the
pillar, right?"

Tifa
"......Yeah..... you're right! We still have time."

I genuinely find this very interesting, it wasn't even something that I really thought about before. Like it is a bit one-sided, eh ha. From what we see anyway.

I'm not following you, fancy. I think i'd probably agree with you if I understood you, since I think we think alike on Zack&Cloud and Tifa&Aerith. What do you think that quote signifies? What does it tell you about those characters? How is it one-sided?

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Oh, I only mean that this quote was one of the few incidences shown in the canon where Aerith directly addresses or refers to Tifa in a positive context!

I'm saying that the relationship seems largely one-sided if you consider all of the 'AerTi' moments as instigated by Tifa versus this one quasi-aerti moment as instigated by Aerith haha. To be fair, Aerith is only ever in the game for so long and as the player is restricted to Cloud's perspective in all the time that she's alive so I reckon there isn't much opportunity to witness 'aerti.' But meh.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
The consequence of controlling Cloud and a three character party, I think, he's not going to get that perspective much unless he eavesdrops.

Re the dialogue in Corneo Manor, I read that as Tifa appreciating that Cloud knows she can take care of herself, while Aeris wants Cloud to be concerned over her.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Haha, either way, their responses are a little short with him I reckon. It's funny cuz when you tell Tifa that you gotta help Aeris, Tifa's like 'Um, wtf, aren't you gonna ask about me?' despite that upping her affections. And when you inquire after her, she seems insulted at the insinuation that she can't take care of herself.

Tifa
Cloud!!

Cloud
Tifa!!
You all right?

Tifa
Of course! If you take me lightly, you're gonna pay for it!! (-2 points)

Tifa
Cloud!!

Cloud
Tifa!!
We've gotta help Aeris!!

Tifa
Hey, don't you even care about how I am? ......never mind, let's go! (+3 points)

Cloud
Aeris!!
You all right?

Aeris
I told you. I'm used to danger.
To tell you the truth, my heart was pounding! (+3 points)

Cloud
Aeris!!
We gotta help Tifa!

Aeris
Ye... yes, you're right... ......let's hurry! (-2 points)

I like to think that this upped Tifa's affections despite her seeming insulted anyway because she admires how much Cloud cares about others, what with her being a nurturer herself.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
I'm stirring this up from the grave to ask a specific question that a friend has brought up, lol.

What are some moments in the canon where Aerith is actively considering Tifa, thinking of her, or mentions her in a positive context etc? Like, we see Tifa crying over Aerith's death in OTWtaS, she touches her face tenderly after Sephiroth murders her, and we know that you gain favour with Tifa if you tell her that "We gotta save Aerith!" if Aerith is picked in Don Corneo's mansion (whilst you lose favour with Aerith if you say "We gotta save Tifa!" in the reverse scenario, interestingly enough). So, can anyone pinpoint those aerti positive moments as instigated by Aerith?

Hope that all made sense and thanks in advance!

:touchingu:
There is that time Aerith tells Tifa don't worry, Marlene's safe (in the helicopter, where it looked like she was risking Tseng's wrath to do so, to ensure Tifa knew) :) There's that scene in Advent Children with the raindrop where Tifa is like "thank you" or something idk if Aerith was trying to communicate with her as a reassurance that she was around and there for them or what :pinkmonster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Interesting discussion, I admit I never really thought about it. I guess I mostly chalked up their friendliness to them finishing each other's sentence when Cloud sheepishly asks if he's the third girl.
"You're right, there was no need-"
"-to ask."

That struck me as establishing a 'well they're gonna be fast friends' narrative. But seeing the stuff in these posts has me wondering. I guess I never imagined them as pajama-slumber-party-BFFs!!, but I figured they were friends. But that is pretty interesting that Aerith never seems to reach out or care for her the way Tifa does on occasion. (Although Tifa chastising Cloud no matter what he says is annoying, lolol)

In Junon when the party splits off leaving Cloud to climb the electric tower, aren't they just making small talk with each other? There's nothing noteworthy, and you seem to only get fragments of their conversation anyway:
Tifa
Don't you just hate this?

Aeris
You're probably right.

But it's at least not about Cloud (probably) :monster:

Last edited:

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
Tifa inquires in the Gold Saucer (when you first get there) about whether Aeris' "Pollyanna"-ness towards Barrett is appropriate or not. Her reply is "Just act normal when they're like this."

(Shrug) Hope it helps, I just happened to remember it

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
So joining! Whether it is tifa and aerith friendship, their love for cloud who in my opinion loves both but I digress, or just them being crazy galpals and not the platonic kind either lol

Top Bottom