• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Opera Omnia Dissidia News/Discussion Thread

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Yep... I got Sephiroth's EX in a similar manor. Sure... he's slow... but he's a buffers dream since all his self-buffs can be stacked with everything.

I think what makes Opera Omnia work so well is that if you just bother playing the game on a regular basis, you get enough premium currency that if you plan your draws, you will get enough pulls to get what you want. It also helps that the game actually is fun to play and has enough depth to it that doesn't rely on the gatcha. Having all the good weapons won't help you if you can't plan your team comp well.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Everyone on my friends list is so Johnny-Come-Lately with their support character. Gilbert and Rinoa were both awesome, but now everyone is Sephiroth and he’s really not great as a support. He’s slow and has no AoE.

My top 5 supports:

1. Golbez
2. Kuja
3. Cloud (with EX)
4. Rinoa (with EX)
5. Beatrix (with EX)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yep... I got Sephiroth's EX in a similar manor. Sure... he's slow... but he's a buffers dream since all his self-buffs can be stacked with everything.

...It's not even funny how good Sephiroth's Jenova buff/debuff is. Yeah, he is pretty slow... But it only makes sense.

He's just playing around and holding back. :desu:

When his Jenova and Reunion level reaches 5, it's full power a-go-go, baby. It's sick how much raw damage he dishes. And that's on top of auras, other buffs and everything else. Sephiroth legit won the lottery in his OO design. Between that, getting a free skill use off of the Black Materia and Black Materia just dealing gravity brave damage, he's gonna last. Only weakness being he's just a straight physical single target DPS so you gotta plan accordingly.

But that just makes him fair LOL.

Can't wait til OPmecia appears in Global and shows just what turn eating is all about.

I think what makes Opera Omnia work so well is that if you just bother playing the game on a regular basis, you get enough premium currency that if you plan your draws, you will get enough pulls to get what you want. It also helps that the game actually is fun to play and has enough depth to it that doesn't rely on the gatcha. Having all the good weapons won't help you if you can't plan your team comp well.

This is all so true. Again I have to bring up Brave Exivus as a counterpart to OO, cause I don't know how it's so popular when it just straight up ruins you with it's gacha power creep. That and the story just feels like it's trying too hard to mimic a clsssic FF.

I think it's the sprite and retro look that really sells it, honestly.

Everyone on my friends list is so Johnny-Come-Lately with their support character. Gilbert and Rinoa were both awesome, but now everyone is Sephiroth and he’s really not great as a support. He’s slow and has no AoE.

My top 5 supports:

1. Golbez
2. Kuja
3. Cloud (with EX)
4. Rinoa (with EX)
5. Beatrix (with EX)

You are so right about Sephiroth as a support, cause he's the type of character who needs to be at full Jenova/Reunion level to reach his full potential. That's not gonna happen in 5 turns.

Your list is great but.. How can you forget the Delay Queen Quistis?? 9-Turn delay never goes out of style lol

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Sephiroth is a character you put on your team so that you can use every one else's buffing support characters. He's a long term fighter that is amazing for boss fights.

Like... I have a fully kitted out Auron. He's the only character that brings the Meele Resist Down debuff. And he can buff himself like crazy. Putting that kind of character with Sephiroth is a bit insane since it's really, really easy to reach the damage cap with meele characters with him. Only Sephiroth gets so many hits, its fine if you reach the damage cap... since that fills his BRV up like crazy.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Fran’s here! (On Global)

I love seeing characters who don’t have a PS1-era victory pose get a pose in this game. Sometimes they aren’t to my taste (Rydia’s teletubby bounce is disconcerting) but I love Fran’s! It’s very her.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I've had a good few weeks. Got Serah's and Layle's EX weapons in a decent amount of draws.

Serah has nice party buffs(Max BRV up and ATK up) and debuffs (two BRV poisons, Max BRV down, ATK down). Sephiroth likes her buffs alot. I've seen him do 50k Octoslashes during summons on occasion...

Layle is the king of launches/knockbacks and is a nice BRV battery. The amount of extra BRV you can generate with that is a little scary.

Currently though... I'm taking all my most used characters through Ifrit's summon board. The damage buffs you get from his passives are really nice so long as you have ways to keep your HP up there.

Ite

AKA
Ite
I’m taking my main party through Ifrit’s board right now too!

I’ve arrayed my characters’ crystal strength levels in order of how powerful I think they are, so Terra, Vivi, Zidane, and Cloud are at the top, with people like Hope sitting down at 20. It’s absolutely crippling me for Abyss B but idgaf I have a definitive order for all the characters bwa ha haaa. I also don’t get villains unless the game makes me (Seymour ? ) nor characters from games I don’t know, so the chibi twins got skipped. This is all to say that pretty much nobody except my top 10 can even approach the summon board, but my Zidane is pretty reliably hitting between 20-30k damage per turn. He’s my support right now.

If anyone wants my friend code, it’s 804441761

Happy hunting!!

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I went about leveling my characters in a very different way... Nearly all of them are sitting at Lvl 50 in both normal level and crystal level. And I'm at the point where I'm going to unlock the lvl 60 level cap for everyone. Mainly because I level up new characters on the Lvl 50 crystal quests.

My main characters fluctuate a bit... Right now I have Garnet, Sephiroth and Serah. Characters I'll swap them in/out for are Tidus, Auron, Lightning, Kuja and Layle. I also have all the weapons (including the EX) for Tifa, Ject, and Vaan but those are EX weapons I got with Draw Tickets and didn't really plan on getting... so I'm not exactly figuring out how those characters would fit in my party...

One of the things I will say that makes doing content a lot easier is if you have a decent number of both physical and magic damage dealers. That way you can swap them out when you encounter bosses that a resistant to one damage type over the other.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
So August featured some hella good gacha luck for me.

Snagged Serah's EX from 3 multi-pulls.

Same with Zack. 3 multi-pulls.

Out of sheer nostalgia for FFIX I dumped 140+ tickets on the Storyline banner and got Vivi and Zidane's EXs.

Got Squall's EX out of 20 or so tickets from the Abyss banner.

Pulled Vayne's EX out of 3 multi-pulls after tossing 50 or so tickets. Kinda wasteful but I was being stingy :mon: Glad I did because he's worth it. Easily one of the most powerful characters out right now.

What was hell however... Was artifact grinding Serah and Vivi. 2 of the Cursed Six characters. But I was in for a penny, in for a pound.

... Now I have just 4 SP potions, half a roster that hasn't gotten the treasures from the Shiva summon board and I've burned through easily over 3 million gil.

I only have 1 perfect artifact combo with Serah. Charged Moonlight and All Debuff Attack Boost. The other 2 artifacts are Atk+108 with All Debuff Attack Boost.

Vivi has Buff Attack Speed x3 paired with Mighty Fire**, Max Brave +330 and Atk+65. I called it quits with that.

The grind was literal absolute hell. Like... Trying to get a pink tail to drop from Pudding Princesses in FFIV, levels of hard. But Serah is a phenomenal character. She easily has one of the best auras and buffs for offense. Not to mention she debuffs really well too. She's a serious contender right now and will be for awhile.

With that, in terms of Full MLB this month, I got Zack, Serah, Vivi, Zidane, Freya, Vayne, Fran and Squall. Oh, and I almost forgot I pulled Lann and Reynn's EX but I didn't bother to MLB them or get their 35 CP. They're on the bench for now.

Special mention goes to Fran for being another epic and strong EX-less character. Love that S-E drops good characters that aren't contingent on an EX to work.

Right now I'm gonna save and wait for Noctis and Warrior of Light. Need to recoup my tickets and hopefully get gems back to 150k.

... Although it was discovered from dataminners another Abyss banner is scheduled to drop tomorrow and it may include Beatrix with Lightning's rework.

... If that's the case, we're on red alert. Gems will be spent for the General of Alexandria. 100%.

Last edited:

Ite

AKA
Ite
Yeah Beatrix without Save the Queen is so sad. I’m trying to build up 750,000 gems to guarantee a purchase (as I did with Vivi’s) but I’m running out of places to mine them ?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
My main worry is getting caught with a character I want and that's a high need for next level content and being without their EX. Cause quite a few are like that.

Right now on the horizon for me as *must* haves are Ultimecia, Agrias, Emperor, and Ignis.

Along the way I wouldn't mind Porom and Sherlotta.

Fang would be an awesome pick up too.

But I gotta recoup resources and at least get back up to 300 tickets again. Soon the era of double banners will be upon us, and while the chance of getting an EX off them will go up... The chance of it being the EX you want will actually not. And having to pity TWO EXs is the epitome of "Painful Choice."

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
One of the great things about Opera Omnia is that there are so many characters, there are good odds you will find a character with a kit that you just "get" how to use regardless of where they are in the "meta". Like... I've never "gotten" how Squall's kit works since it works better if you have low BRV which for me is a bit of a "huh, but what about all my characters that increase the rest of the parties BRV" thing. But Sephiroth's slow ramp-up kit? I love it (doing 50k BRV damage with Octoslash with no summon is fun). There's an entire group of characters that are all about causing massive DPS in various ways and all of them have the potential to do really well so long as you know how they work.

The same thing goes for the buff/debuff characters. There's an entire mini-game you kinda play to make sure that all the buffs/debuffs you team uses don't overlap because that's a waste of moves. But there's tons of them and they all have the potential to be useful depending on what buffs the DPS characters want and what debuffs can stick to the enemies.

Ite

AKA
Ite
People who are bringing Fran into co-op are showing me just how OP this character is. I know she’s boosted, but a whip kick starting at 0 BRV is doing 45,000+ HP damage with gold weapons. Like whaaat??

Ite

AKA
Ite
Porom! Her addition pushes us to 60% of FF4’s PC count!

Changing the random loot of the radiant artifacts quests into a point-buy system works great for me, it means I’ll be able to focus on building my A team! Thanks for the report, ultima espio.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Double poast b/c new game update and unnecessary rant. Imo they made a really bad call putting those red voice-mail notifications over every button in the UI.

1567109000720.jpeg

Why is the game making me ashamed of not being 100% current with every quest, grind, event, and character LC? Who is this for exactly? Who is it going to help? Certainly not new players, if I had seen annoying notifications like this when booting up for the first time I would have nope-d all the way back out. “Welcome to this game! Only 33 non-main quest chapters, 10 summon quests, two summon boards, 5 radiant artifact gambits, and THE FUCKING ABYSS to do before these red failure bubbles go away! Until then, YOU’RE INADEQUATE. You’ll have to have a whole party of CS 60 characters for each colour to even start on many of these tasks so keep playing ok? And buy lots of potions. Love, from Marketing Dept.” [/rant]

Last edited:

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
I've played OO before and I liked it, just never got as far into it as I might have liked since I also play FFBE and have almost since it launched and I don't always have time to juggle two in-depth mobile games as well as the ones I play at home (I've got a huge backlog, lol. I'm sure some of you know what that's like). Anyway, I like the fact that OO's gacha has always seemed more player-friendly than BE's and that it's just for weapons, not characters, so it seems you have a much wider choice of viable characters than in BE, where there it seems like every new unit (DPS especially) gets made obsolete barely a month after it's released nowadays and you wonder what the point is in maxing any of them anymore. It's been a while since I've played OO and I'm just wondering how hard it is to get caught up compared to BE as far as story, gear, etc. or if there's any difference at all.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Assuming average playtime per day on mobile (so in transit, on breaks, in bed) you could blast through the story in a week or and collect a handful of great side characters while doing it.

The game absolutely showers you with catch-up rewards, so you can go from new game to doing co-op missions in no time. You can buy pretty much any gear you could want, even EX weapons if you save up enough gems (hoard your gems).

The limited time events boost different characters which means that your faves will have their moment in the sun every once in a while, and you can join “Just for Fun” games where you’ll see pretty much every character and you can just jam out with your non-boosted faves.

I haven’t played BE so I’m not sure what to compare it to, but it’s pretty good.

(Re: my above rant. Oh DFFOO I take it back, you’re great, c’mere.)

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I'm with Ite, the new numbers over the UI are irritating me to no end.

...which probably means they're working...cause I want to make them go away...and I'll invest oodles of time to do it, to the detriment of all other aspects of my life...oh Jesus...oh fuck!

*Drowns in gems and crystals*

Top Bottom