• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

E3 2019 Footage Analysis

Heason

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
alex
Hey Vyzz, big fan, commented on a few of your videos.

Question, from your source that gave you info for the reddit post you did on the demo, maybe i missed it, but has anyone talked about the way field/battle music functions. The field music is the mako reactor theme like the original i know, but when you initiate battles does the field theme still play or does a battle theme weave in and out kh style, and is it the rearranged battle ost we heard in the first half of the e3 trailer. I believe max mentioned that the new battle theme plays at an earlier point in the extended demo he saw, but for the public one has anyone addressed this?

KH field/world themes are kind of counter parts featuring many musical similarities that make them very seamlessly blend, jw how the remake is handling this as that wouldnt work in this setting.

Again love your content.

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
@Heason Welcome and thank you!
As far as I know from Max and some people who played the demo, there's a heavier version of the Mako Reactor theme playing during battles, seamlessly transitioning between the 2 when battles start and end. That's one of the points I'm the most excited about as I'm all about music (I need to make a video about the Remake's music one day).

Also, I just uploaded my very first feedback video!

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
I noticed that as well. It's 7th Heaven in the original and Seventh Heaven in the Remake. I guess the latter makes for a better name for an establishment.
That's just proper grammar. You're generally supposed to spell out single-digit numbers. Given the overall localization quality of the original release I wouldn't be surprised if it was an oversight, though I suppose they may have shortened it due to space limitations. Either way, I would expect those sort of translations to be corrected in the final release.

I'm actually curious how deep the relocalization will go. They've already changed some of the enemy names, taking some obvious liberties with the original Japanese material. I have to imagine that the more iconic names and phrases will be retained, but I'd love to get some insight into their decision-making process as to what's okay to change and what needs to be kept.

Honestly, from what I've heard about the script (from Max in particular) I actually can't help but wonder if they've got the English localization team heavily involved in writing the game. Naturalistic dialogue is not something I'd normally associate with the Final Fantasy series.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
That's just proper grammar.

I mean, does it really matter? We're talking about a stylistic choice, in much the same way that music lyrics aren't consistently grammatically correct and work that way but wouldn't were they "fixed."

In any case, the logo for the Edge iteration of the bar uses both "Seventh" and "7th":

0yKvgiG_d.jpg

Clean Cut Chaos

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Cub Chaos
@Vyzzuvazzadth
I've got a theory about the Aps (now Abzu??) fight. When he summons what looks like Tsunami during the fight, the water coming out of the pipe looks very low quality compared to the rest of what we've seen. Very unusual for such a visually stunning game. I don't think it's water or even regular sewage. I think it could be some kind of mako sludge that is a byproduct of the huge mako reactors.

It still retains enough of it's magical properties that Aps can manipulate it with what seem to be magic horns on his head. Since it's mako related, it's still poisonous enough to humans that it can also serve as an attack on the team during the fight and that wouldn't be out of place in the lore. Just an observation.

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
Now that you're mentioning the Abzu fight, there's something I observed recently. It looks like the whole summon invocation process gets visually represented during the fight. At first, I thougth it's light source comes from above the sewers, where Abzu crashed through the ceiling from. After more precise observation, it turns out to be a magical sphere, which seems like to shine brighter in relation to the summon gauges level meter. It's the same sphere that gets used for materialising Ifrit through the summoning spell. After calling Ifrit successfully to assist you in battle, the sphere is nowhere to be seen anymore in the area.

vlcsnap-2019-09-28-17h37m12s207.png
vlcsnap-2019-09-28-17h47m35s561.png
vlcsnap-2019-09-28-18h02m55s799.png

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
@Clean Cut Chaos Another interesting theory! I was always wondering how it's able to summon that Sewer Tsunami. But controlling it through Mako energy make more sense than water bending.

@Mr. Ite No worries. My sleeping pattern is still intact ;)
And I'm glad to have been of service!

@OdaDaimyO I noticed that, too, with the help of a commenter of mine (don't remember who >_<)
This is a big hint towards when Summons will be available. As it's stationary, normal battles happening wherever most likely don't trigger the Summon gauge. Kitase-San said something about "tough battles". This sounds to me that only unique battles with non-trash enemies will contain the ability to summon the great beasts, battles that aren't over in less than a minute.

Clean Cut Chaos

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Cub Chaos
When Reno jumps off the helicopter in the TGS trailer his shocker stick was being blocked by Clouds sword. It looked like it was hitting about where Clouds materia slots were set. Made me start brainstorming about playing to the fact that materia is kind of exposed on your person and if boss/special encounters could use use that to their advantage with abilities that disable them somehow for a short time. Kinda throwing a battle arena roulette curve ball in every once in a while.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
This came up in my D&D materia variant. What’s the actual process of “equipping” materia? Seems like you can benefit from your materia even when throwing the shuriken its slotted in far away from you. Is there an ‘attunement’ process, and if so, what’s the max distance of the bond it creates between a lifeform and the crystal? Can someone else ‘attune’ to your materia and sever your connection to it? Or share it? Borrow it?

These questions lead to some worldbuilding hiccups, but some interesting ideas for boss fights.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
This came up in my D&D materia variant. What’s the actual process of “equipping” materia? Seems like you can benefit from your materia even when throwing the shuriken its slotted in far away from you. Is there an ‘attunement’ process, and if so, what’s the max distance of the bond it creates between a lifeform and the crystal? Can someone else ‘attune’ to your materia and sever your connection to it? Or share it? Borrow it?

Sounds more like some D&D "Harry Potter" wand-variant questions.

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
Yeah, I saw that, too, @Highwind ! I didn't realize he was my first, though. Wondering how many videos of me he already watched. It's interesting that he thought The Night Sky Prince did thorough analysis. He was probably oblivious to me back then :P (I think it was during an E3 interview).

@OdaDaimyO That red Materia symbol seems to be there while the summoned creature (Ifrit in this case) is on the field. Haven't thoroughly analyzed the Aps (Abzû) battle yet, though. This tells the player who did the summoning. I'm starting to believe that all 3 characters might be able to call forth their equipped Summon, wreaking havoc on the battlefield! (still conjecture, though)

Top Bottom