• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Kingdom Hearts III

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
This is just some details Nomura provided at the concert. There will be more info in June. Also Aibo on twitter called Limit Episode "Limit Cut Episode" and said it features multiple bosses. I think that's how they refer to the Org XIII data battles in Japan so maybe it's something like that.
It's all titled ReMIND so you can assume from both that and Nomura previous comments that it would be a single DLC pack.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
I was about to writing something about critical mode but this comment is more elaborated than what I had. Critical Mode made the game harder but didn't adress the core balance issues.

Asetoni137 said:
I realize I'm probably wasting my time here, since all this amounts to is just "lets band under the positivity banner", but if you actually wanna know "Why all the hate?", I can give a rundown of the general issues.

Sure, Crit is diffcult, but much of it is artificial. People weren't asking for crit just because they wanted a challenge, that's part of it, but what was always the most important was making meaningful decisions. If a game is too easy like KH3 Proud is, none of your decisions are meaningful because there is literally zero tension in everything. Crit certainly helps, but it swings way past the sweet spot to the other end of the spectrum: So few options are safe and viable, that it turns into a boring campy slog or you just die randomly trying to do anything else. People talk about Darkside murdering people as some kind of great achievement of KH3 crit, but really, Darkside isn't killing people because of some genius design, he's killing people because it's a shitty boss, just now with inflated damage.

If that wan't bad enough, many of the changes to crit reduce the amount of meaningful decisions you can do. Less MP does fix fire spam, but it also means less magic in general, less decision making. Disabling attractions is the most boring way to "fix" them. All it does is remove a game mechanic, reducing the depth of the game, not increasing it. Less situation commands once again means less options, less decisions. Sure, all of these make the game harder but they don't make it more engaging.

Nevermind that many of the complaints people had remain unadressed. The game is still balanced to hell, just now instead of Fire spam you move down the list to Link spam. At least previously there was a decision to be made between spells and links, but since links don't care about how much MP you have, only that it's full, this choice becomes a no-brainer. Damage scaling is still atrocious, leading to chip damage without insane amounts of micromanagement if you want to do a low level playthrough. Food is still a stupid mechanic because it amounts to just stat boosts most of the time, in which case they might as well just increase your base stats and remove the hassle. It adds nothing to the game, at least Monster Hunter provides actually meaningful and interesting buffs with it and even FFXV made it a core part of the gameplay loop with camping. KH3's is the most boring and barebones way you could possibly implement this system. Kupo Coin still exists even though it goes against the very point of Crit mode (though at least it got nerfed, thank god). Most formchanges are still interchangeable braindead AoE damage, even when they aren't reskins of oneanother (with maybe like 3 exceptions: The blasters, the shields and mirage staff).

Crit is certainly much better than Proud. Credit where it's due, Critical Counter and Critical charger (or whatever it's called) are good additions to the game. Now that it's out I will never touch the lower difficulties again, but it didn't suddenly turn KH3's shallow combat system into anything more than that. It used to be shallow and easy, now it's just shallow and hard.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Not to be a pessimist here, but the last time they mentioned "Coming in Winter" they ended up delaying that release window. While I am excited to see it in December this year, I have a feeling we'll be waiting until January next year at the earliest, since that'll be exactly one year since KH3 came out.

Also surprised about more Riku and Aqua gameplay(the new trailer came out just today actually), and a playable Roxas(though I'm not surprised since I had a feeling he'll be playable too). Just hope we'll play as Mickey(though that's unlikely), Kairi(again, unlikely but everyone's been dying to see more of her in action) and Lea(another awesome idea) and maybe Xion(And hey, I love her too) if we're allowed to choose who we wish to play as.

And just my speculation, but what if
Luxord was in the league of Brain who is the Virus messing things up and is the true killer of Strelitzia and possibly killed Lauriam and Elrena who both do not remember a thing like Ven and Skuld(if she is the mysterious Subject X whom Lea and Isa befriended and are looking for) ended up and that'll be part of the plot of the next Saga that Sora has to solve?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I just hope ReMind doesn't end up with Kairi not being saved and she ends up fading instead of Sora. It was tragic enough for her being killed by Xehanort and then Sora sacrificing himself to revive her and then end up dead and in a world that seems to be The World Ends with You World. Kairi deserves more than that.

Another thing about the trailer, who is the guy in the black coat Young Xehanort's talking to? Some of my friends who also saw the trailer think it's the MoM, but I disgree for obvious reasons. He could just be another new mysterious character who was the latest apprentice handed down the Keyblade and role, or
Luxu's reincarnated form before becoming Braig and pretending to only have heard of the Keyblade from Xehanort.
I mean, Xehanort and Eraqus's Master is long since been deceased between that scene and Birth By Sleep, so he could've easily been you-know-who.

Last edited:

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Xigbar is pretty playful in his movements, but I think they're keeping that character trait more focused on the MoM now. I don't think there's any need to complicate the situation more than necessary.
It would appear to be the MoM is introducing Xehanort to the black coat, suggesting this is an event that took place in the past. He asks Xehanort about a 'World Tour', which sounds a lot like his Mark of Mastery exam that was mentioned in the second Secret Report found in the game. It is there that Xehanort witnesses the dark forces out there in the worlds, yet finds the potential to harness them. So, as he mentions in this scene, he finds out just how "necessary" he is.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
To be honest, I'd rather ditch playable Roxas, Aqua, Riku (and whoever else) for something else instead. Imo they're a waste, the only place where they would be relevant to play is on the Keyblade Graveyard, even if you fought every boss with every other six Guardians of Light + Roxas & Xion, the total playtime would amount to at most an hour. This of course is assuming they would not add extra playable scenarios to the Keyblade Graveyard where the other eight characters would be present but, even with that in mind, they simply are not as present for majority of your playtime (unlike Donald and Goofy) and hence investing resources on them to be playable is not justified (something that playable Donald and Goofy are x10 more justified to me).

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Xigbar is pretty playful in his movements, but I think they're keeping that character trait more focused on the MoM now. I don't think there's any need to complicate the situation more than necessary.
It would appear to be the MoM is introducing Xehanort to the black coat, suggesting this is an event that took place in the past. He asks Xehanort about a 'World Tour', which sounds a lot like his Mark of Mastery exam that was mentioned in the second Secret Report found in the game. It is there that Xehanort witnesses the dark forces out there in the worlds, yet finds the potential to harness them. So, as he mentions in this scene, he finds out just how "necessary" he is.

Now that the you-know-who is in KH3 ReMind, I'm starting to think of another twist that while it makes no sense, but might actually be true.

Considering the MoM's appearance, and Xigbar's personality traits but was revealed to be Luxu, maybe Xigbar really ISN'T Luxu at all but is pretending to be, and really is the MoM and maybe the other Foretellers never really saw him displaying his Keyblade to them and originally thought his Keyblade belonged to Luxu instead.
And another thing, what if it was really the MoM who was doing the heart transfer reincarnation thing and not Luxu and that the real Luxu is out there somewhere and went missing after possibly passing on the Keyblade to Brain(which may be happening in the ending of Union X in months to come) and that what we saw was like the false alarm with Lauriam at first believed to be Strelitzia's murderer but was actually her older brother looking for her.

Edit: And if KH3: ReMind does get delayed from Winter this year to early next year, at least the KH X(Chi) Novel being released on the 10th of December this year will make it up for it. That and KH: Dream Drop Distance Novel coming out on the 29th of October this year have already settled my Christmas wish list.

Last edited:

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
That's the only map in the game that lets you control who you want, the rest all have set lists. If you try to load something out of that, you end up being forced to control Sora. 0.2 Mickey is still in there too.

That might be a feature of FF7R since they are both using the unreal engine. So there might not be a way to use Aerith in later parts.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
That's the only map in the game that lets you control who you want, the rest all have set lists. If you try to load something out of that, you end up being forced to control Sora. 0.2 Mickey is still in there too.

That might be a feature of FF7R since they are both using the unreal engine. So there might not be a way to use Aerith in later parts.

I'm not sure if Aerith will be in Kingdom Hearts anymore, but it'd be cool to see her (and Cloud and Tifa) in KH future games. I hope they'll return for the KH4 or at least the game between KH3 and KH4.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Poor guy, and he was still quite young too.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Glad to see
Namine
getting more screen time in Re:Mind. But this is really interesting and cool! And I have the feeling the part with
Kairi is where the secret episode will take place(between Sora's departure to bring her back to life and the part in the ending where Kairi, alive and well, cries with a smile as Sora disappears).

Still, I seriously don't think it'll be out this year, because one, December is still too close to March by only four months, and two, December is also the most expensive time of year to buy games due to Christmas. I'd be surprised and delighted if they can manage it, but at this point, it's probably a lot more safer to release Re:Mind late next year after the first part of the FFVII Remake comes out.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
it's probably a lot more safer to release Re:Mind late next year after the first part of the FFVII Remake comes out.

I am very, very sure that won't be the case. It'd be a different story if we were talking of releasing KHIII as a whole but this is "just" a DLC so four months is no problem. It won't cost half as much as a new game, so...

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I am very, very sure that won't be the case. It'd be a different story if we were talking of releasing KHIII as a whole but this is "just" a DLC so four months is no problem. It won't cost half as much as a new game, so...

I hope you're right. Still, it's not the first time they mentioned "Winter" news or "Releasing in Winter" and then when it comes to said Winter, nothing happens and we had to wait even longer for any kinds of updates.

After all, FFVII Remake is Nomura's biggest priority now that KH3 is released, regardless to the DLC. I'd love to see the latter out first, but...Winter is not a good time to be releasing it, especially since it isn't going to be cheap. Plus Pokemon Sword and Shield will be out in November despite the bad reviews it's getting already, so it's a tough competition to watch out for, including other games as well.

Top Bottom