• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVIIR at TGS 2019 (NEW TRAILER!)

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
In regard to summons, I think it’s unlikely that you can have multiple of them at the same time. Here is my take on the system:
  • Each character can only equip one summon materia at a time.
  • You can bring up to 3 summons into a battle (assuming max party limit of 3 like the OG). However, all summons will share a single build-up bar, thus you can theoretically summon all 3, but only one after another.
  • A possible reason for allowing all characters to control the summon is to avoid possible loss of control. For example, if Cloud is being pinned down or killled in this fight, you risk being locked out of any control over Ifrit until Cloud is saved/revived or worse, the entire summon duration.
I could see the choice and timing of your summon starting to matter more later into the game. In early stages like this, not so much.

Although it would be awesome to watch all the summons getting unleashed in one go, I feel that would a) be too broken and b) blow up your PS4 into smithereens faster than they blow up the battlefield. :desu:
Funny fact, I posted something similiar a couple of days ago:
https://thelifestream.net/forums/threads/ffviir-at-tgs-2019-new-trailer.21974/page-17#post-827796

At that time, we had a common ground about how the summon gauge represents all Summons equipt on the characters. But after I read the translation from the livestream they've shown with Kitase at TGS, I wasn't so sure anymore, especially THIS part here:
The summon materia begins the “invocation”
From when the beast is invoked, the “Summon Gauge” on the right comes up
And it's true, at the very beginning of the fight, the summon gauge isn't visible on the screen.
vlcsnap-2019-09-21-03h16m02s337.png
The "invocation" part makes me curious. How does it work in detail? Is it handled by the system, or is the player able to choose when the gauge should be activated? In case of the latter, the "invocation" could be a character specific command, this would mean that every character has the opportunity to invoke their own summon gauge.

That's what I thought, but in hindsight I think I misinterpreted these lines. It reads like the Summon Materia alone starts the "invocation" process, and shows up only after a specific precentage of the gauge is filled up. Something I already mentioned in my post I linked above. Looks like I should've listen to my past self more. -_-

Anyway, that doesn't give me an answer on my problem with the red Materia symbol! Why is it necessary to differentiate Cloud from the others, when the system only allows one summoner in the first place? I don't want to believe this is only for nostalgic reasons.

Another thing that catched my eye, after I watched the footage again, is the Summon Ability Menu has one subcategory, where you choose between Ifrit's abilities and one other option that uses 2 ATB bars.
vlcsnap-2019-09-21-04h45m26s392.png
I guess we can issue the Hellfire attack manually, but will this be resulting into Ifrit leaving the battle field earlier? Or will it be displayed as separate options entirely (calling back Ifrit included)... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :rage:

Sidenote: The Summon Ability Menu doesn't call the Summon by name, indicating the Menu isn't designed to show abilities for other Summons (except they're pooled together).

Lets hope our great Vyzzuvazzadth will enlighten us all! Fire is the symbol of wisdom, right?

Látom! :salute:

Last edited:

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
Random thought: What if the watchmen in the slums are not the watchmen, but the helicombatants? As in the models for those aren't finished yet and the watchmen are taking their place for the sake of the trailer?

I say this because of the sheer number and also because, compared to everything else, they simply don't look as polished as the rest. And less so in their first reveal in the other trailer.

NeithOF

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Nathan
Random thought: What if the watchmen in the slums are not the watchmen, but the helicombatants? As in the models for those aren't finished yet and the watchmen are taking their place for the sake of the trailer?

I say this because of the sheer number and also because, compared to everything else, they simply don't look as polished as the rest. And less so in their first reveal in the other trailer.
I seriously doubt a basic as hell monster model as the aero combatant wouldn't have been finished 5 months before release. If that's the case we should start worrying about this game right now, cause it's gonna be even more rushed than XV was.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
I mean, we are looking at various builds in the trailers, its possible that particular build was older when they weren't yet finished with it.

NibelFire

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Blaze
The "invocation" part makes me curious. How does it work in detail? Is it handled by the system, or is the player able to choose when the gauge should be activated? In case of the latter, the "invocation" could be a character specific command, this would mean that every character has the opportunity to invoke their own summon gauge.

That's what I thought, but in hindsight I think I misinterpreted these lines. It reads like the Summon Materia alone starts the "invocation" process, and shows up only after a specific precentage of the gauge is filled up. Something I already mentioned in my post I linked above. Looks like I should've listen to my past self more. -_-

Anyway, that doesn't give me an answer on my problem with the red Materia symbol! Why is it necessary to differentiate Cloud from the others, when the system only allows one summoner in the first place? I don't want to believe this is only for nostalgic reasons.

After rewatching the Aps fight again, it looks like the summoning process isn't as straightforward as I thought after all. Seems like the part of having the summoning gauge appearing on screen was very cleverly omitted from the footage. It would be an odd design choice to hide the progress bar from the player until a % mark for no reason, which mean that there has to be more to it. As for the red materia symbol, your guess is probably as good as mine.

I still stand by my take that multiple summons won't be available. At least not in this first game. Of course, I'd be more than happy if Square makes me eat crow, as they have done multiple times when it comes to FFVIIR. :mon:

Another thing that catched my eye, after I watched the footage again, is the Summon Ability Menu has one subcategory, where you choose between Ifrit's abilities and one other option that uses 2 ATB bars.

I guess we can issue the Hellfire attack manually, but will this be resulting into Ifrit leaving the battle field earlier? Or will it be displayed as separate options entirely (calling back Ifrit included)... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :rage:

Both of those abilities were demonstrated, and neither were Hellfire. Would be great to have an option to do that manually.

2EXnKzv.gif

puI1c1y.gif

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
Both of those abilities were demonstrated, and neither were Hellfire. Would be great to have an option to do that manually.
I'm sooo stupid, there's no subcatecory at all, I mistook the target points on Aps as Ifrits abilities, thank you for correcting me here!

Btw, I really appreciate that you're replying on my posts, I know my English isn't that good, and I'm sure it's a pain in the ass to read through them. Thank you very much again for your patience!

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I find it interesting that the TGS video hasn't been upload to their press site yet. Usually it'd go up hours later... but it's been days, and still nothing, not even a mention (and now with the new packaging and a few renders). I assume though, this is due to no English dub of it being available, and for whatever reason they never upload the JP trailers (nor is there a JP equivalent of the NA press site).

Last edited:

NibelFire

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Blaze

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
"アブズ" (Abzu) is pretty much how you'd pronounce "APS". So I'm wondering if it was a mistranslation to begin with? And "Abzu" does have a mythological reference with Sumerian culture... tied to water.

Also, just checked but there's such a thing as the "Rabisu" (RAPS) from Akkadian mythology. So most likely, that was the original intent.

EDIT: Ninja'd by NibelFire!

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I just noticed that on the Press Center page, the Deluxe edition of the pre-order states that it'll come with Carbuncle, while the store page only lists that as being available for 1st Class Edition.

carbuncle.JPG

Does anyone know if there's any truth to this, or is it just a typo?

mandelbrot86

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Will those DLCs be available for Steam d’you think? If so, I’ll wait to really invest in the Steam version and get the “black-label” PS4 version to display :)
We're still not 100% certain we're getting a Steam version (Though I think it's likely.) I personally think they tried really hard not to use the term PS4 Exclusive, instead saying things like "Play it first on PS4." I'm guessing that the timed exclusivity contract prohibits them from discussing plans for other platforms and that's why it was a major blow for XBox when their Germany FB page kept posting that it was coming to XBox on March 3rd and it forced Square to come forward and say they have no plans for other platforms. I think that was a bit of a fib just to keep themselves true to their contract.

Top Bottom