• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

If You have one sentence to test if a stranger has played/seen FFVII

Celes777

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Help needed!

If you are locked in a anti-video game concentration camp, battle royale style, and the only way to find a trustworthy partner to escape is to find someone who likes the same game as you do, which is FFVII

Anyway, what would you say to test if someone has played seen FFVII? If you can't explicitly ask "have you played xxx" or "are you in here for xxx game"

What reference to the game will you make to show you know it and test if they know it, and in what situation?

:mightyshield:

Pfft, this one's easy. Just say to the person "Oh, the forests of Timber sure have changed!" and wait for them to reply "But the Owls are still around" :awesome:

source.gif

...Oh wait, wrong game. :monster:

Wait, where is this! God i'm so clueless!:excited:
Peeps I'm starting to suspect Celes777 is from the enemy and they are trying to fish out all the rebellious FF7 fans. :stalkingu:

Celes777

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pfft, this one's easy. Just say to the person "Oh, the forests of Timber sure have changed!" and wait for them to reply "But the Owls are still around" :awesome:

source.gif

...Oh wait, wrong game. :monster:

Peeps I'm starting to suspect Celes777 is from the enemy and they are trying to fish out all the rebellious FF7 fans. :stalkingu:
Maybe I am :awesome:

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
I've done that once :awesome:

First things first, I used to play the OG in my mother tongue, Russian. Some scenes were translated terribly, but some others were just brilliant. Sometimes even more brilliant than the English ones. Remember that dialog in 7th Heaven when Cloud says "Gimme something hard"? Now, translated, the line looked like "Gimme some evil booze". :wacky: So, last summer a friend of mine wanted to take part in a stand-up comedy competition. She introduced me to a few guys who were experienced comedians and were helping her write a better text.

G1: Imagine that feeling when you finally got your 15 min fame!
G2: Yeah! And then we'll go to the bar and tell the barman...
Me: "Gimme some evil booze"!

Guy 1 stared at me in amazement. One could easily imagine fireworks in his eyes. He confessed that in his entire life he'd never expected to hear an FF quote in the middle of a casual conversation. Sadly, we didn't exchange contacts that night, and I haven't seen him again ever since.

Top Bottom