• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Not much of a change in his face, (cause Cloud's face is always perfection) but they did change up his arm though.

Saven

Pro Adventurer
He did? That kind of sucks. I was hoping to see maybe a picture of Shinra (from x-2) on a wall in ShinRa HQ or something. If they were connected, like they originally said, having stuff like that would be pretty cool.

Yeah, just a short while ago.

"In an interview with a French Final Fantasy website Finaland Nojima commented on the link thusly: "This story is a bit of a joke. When we created FFX-2, we wanted to create something, a totally new world. Except that when I created it, I realized that it looked a lot like FFVII... But without realizing it. Afterwards, when it was officially said in Ultimania, it took a completely gigantic proportion when it was just an anecdote.""
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Shinra_(Final_Fantasy_X-2)#Creation_and_development

Not that it comes as much of a surprise but new trailer confirmed for Jump Fiesta later this month + updated screenshot of Cloud was released. Here's a comparison image I found on reddit to show adjustments since E3 trailer

A trailer announced and REmake 3 leaked. It's been a great day for video games news!

The new build looks a lot better. Glad they toned down the Matrix green tone that was going on in a lot of scenes.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Yeah, just a short while ago.

"In an interview with a French Final Fantasy website Finaland Nojima commented on the link thusly: "This story is a bit of a joke. When we created FFX-2, we wanted to create something, a totally new world. Except that when I created it, I realized that it looked a lot like FFVII... But without realizing it. Afterwards, when it was officially said in Ultimania, it took a completely gigantic proportion when it was just an anecdote.""
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Shinra_(Final_Fantasy_X-2)#Creation_and_development
That's not really the same thing as Nojima decanonizing the FFX and FFVII connection, it's just him commenting on the origins of the connection being a funny story/piece of trivia.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Not that it comes as much of a surprise but new trailer confirmed for Jump Fiesta later this month + updated screenshot of Cloud was released. Here's a comparison image I found on reddit to show adjustments since E3 trailer

A new trailer has not been confirmed at Jump Festa. That's just Metro making a bold claim for an article title. They even say as much:
https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/04/final-fantasy-vii-remake-trailer-will-jump-festa-2020-11269014/

Freki

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Freki_M
A new trailer has not been confirmed at Jump Festa. That's just Metro making a bold claim for an article title. They even say as much:
https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/04/final-fantasy-vii-remake-trailer-will-jump-festa-2020-11269014/
I feel like it's pretty safe to say it's a new trailer given their seeming pattern with the others, but it's still not a bad idea to keep the idea of it being an old trailer in mind.
Hey if someone wants to be optimistic it might be a replay of a trailer we've already seen at TGA on the 12th. Not expecting that personally.

Vortigern

Pro Adventurer

I mean, metro wasn't the source that I found myself but rather https://gematsu.com/2019/12/square-enix-announces-jump-festa-2020-lineup-stage-schedule
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake – Photo Corner, Trailer, Novelty
I'm not going to pretend if I know if they're a more reputable source but it seems solid since they link to an announcement from Square Enix JP directly in the article as well.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Bear in mind that I'm just bumbling around with google translate, but I don't see anything in that link about a trailer, although it does make references to performers and stages... not entirely sure if that could mean something, or just a translation quirk.

jump_festa.jpg

iambubbaq

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
BubbaQ
Bear in mind that I'm just bumbling around with google translate, but I don't see anything in that link about a trailer, although it does make references to performers and stages... not entirely sure if that could mean something, or just a translation quirk.

It's not under that page :) It's under the tab:
出展タイトル (line-up titles)
Final Fantasy VII Remake is at the top of this page and under it's title says the following:
フォトコーナー(photo corner) 映像 (footage/trailer) ノベルティ (novelty)

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
It's not under that page :) It's under the tab:
出展タイトル (line-up titles)
Final Fantasy VII Remake is at the top of this page and under it's title says the following:
フォトコーナー(photo corner) 映像 (footage/trailer) ノベルティ (novelty)
I speak/read absolutely zero Japanese, but that just seems like a bunch of tags, for categorization purposes. The translation I was hit with for "映像" was just "video". I admit, that could just as easily mean the same thing, but I'm not certain it's a smoking gun.

Basically, I think it could go either way.

iambubbaq

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
BubbaQ
I speak/read absolutely zero Japanese, but that just seems like a bunch of tags, for categorization purposes. The translation I was hit with for "映像" was just "video". I admit, that could just as easily mean the same thing, but I'm not certain it's a smoking gun.

Basically, I think it could go either way.
I'm fairly comfortable in Japanese and the section under it doesn't mention the video at all. You could be right and it's just tags, so it could go either way. However, looking at some of the similar tags at features below make it seem like it's what to expect. For example, the Dragon Quest game below it mentions there will be a demo, trailer, stage, and novelty. So I'm not 100% sure either. But I'm almost certain we'll get a new trailer there if not at Game Awards. Normura has a huge track record at Jump Festa.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Well it's all a moot point anyway. Between Jump Festa, TGA, and the hints of a State of Play happening just before even that, we will at least see a single trailer in the coming weeks.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Either a howl or the first several notes of Red XIII's theme, redone and just enough to be recognizable as it fades out. Maybe with a shot of a paw stepping down on the floor after the logo fades out (the same way they teased the plate collapse aftermath at the end of the TGS trailer).

Top Bottom