• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
That’s the point of references/Easter eggs/homages though, they can be enjoyed as just extra content/information even if only a few people recognize their origin.
FFXIV does that all the time, like in Stormblood there’s is a sidequest chain with some Miqo’te characters that’s a direct homage to Red XIII’s character arc with his father. Now there are plenty of FFXIV players who haven’t played FFVII and plenty who have, but the former can still enjoy content regardless of their lack of context/knowledge.

youffie

Pro Adventurer
Perhaps it’s not that he’s a symbol of Compilation material that is likely to be incorporated in the Remake, so much as that he’s a symbol of unnecessary retcons that cast shadows over pre-existing moments from the original game, and possibly over the Remake as well, even when he doesn’t “officially” appear in them.

That said, I honestly don’t care about him all that much and I’m not opposed to Easter eggs, even about things I didn’t enjoy. I’m more interested in how they could rework a few other things from the Compilation into the Remake, though. I do think the Compilation had some good ideas, they just weren’t written very coherently most of the time.

Speaking of Easter eggs, ever since the game was announced to be split in parts, I’ve been wondering about if and how they could include little nods to the rest of the gang. There’s probably not much of a chance they’ll actually appear, after seeing the amount of care and detail they seem to have put in the new designs and in nailing that first impression… But for most of them even a small reference could work?

I’m pretty sure Red will be in Part 1 in some capacity. I also think we’ll see more of Reeve, and possibly we’ll catch a glimpse of Cait Sith as well, since that was already the case in the OG anyway – maybe we could even meet him somehow, so that when Cloud meets him again him joining the group makes more sense. Cait Sith is a staple FF mascot by now, after all.

The other three are a bit trickier. Vincent is probably the easiest, it wouldn’t be that far fetched to skim through Hojo’s computer and find classified files about this former nameless Turk who was assigned to the Jenova project. Yuffie, I’m not sure… If they’re going to expand Wutai and throw in some more or less fabricated link with the AVALANCHE, maybe there could be some news about the daughter of Wutai’s leader having gone mysteriously missing around the time the bombings started. That could even add another layer to her reasoning for joining Cloud and the others. Or maybe we’ll just hear people talking about this idiot bandit in the wilderness just outside Midgar, I wouldn’t complain. :monster:

About Cid, I wouldn’t mind if we actually saw the guy? I mean, it’s not Final Fantasy without a Cid :P Maybe he could be in Shinra HQ to try to make his case about the rocket for the last time before deciding he’s done with them (until the President dies and he tries again with Rufus I guess). I would love to see him wearing an ugly suit :P

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
Perhaps it’s not that he’s a symbol of Compilation material that is likely to be incorporated in the Remake, so much as that he’s a symbol of unnecessary retcons that cast shadows over pre-existing moments from the original game, and possibly over the Remake as well, even when he doesn’t “officially” appear in them.

That said, I honestly don’t care about him all that much and I’m not opposed to Easter eggs, even about things I didn’t enjoy. I’m more interested in how they could rework a few other things from the Compilation into the Remake, though. I do think the Compilation had some good ideas, they just weren’t written very coherently most of the time.

Speaking of Easter eggs, ever since the game was announced to be split in parts, I’ve been wondering about if and how they could include little nods to the rest of the gang. There’s probably not much of a chance they’ll actually appear, after seeing the amount of care and detail they seem to have put in the new designs and in nailing that first impression… But for most of them even a small reference could work?

I’m pretty sure Red will be in Part 1 in some capacity. I also think we’ll see more of Reeve, and possibly we’ll catch a glimpse of Cait Sith as well, since that was already the case in the OG anyway – maybe we could even meet him somehow, so that when Cloud meets him again him joining the group makes more sense. Cait Sith is a staple FF mascot by now, after all.

The other three are a bit trickier. Vincent is probably the easiest, it wouldn’t be that far fetched to skim through Hojo’s computer and find classified files about this former nameless Turk who was assigned to the Jenova project. Yuffie, I’m not sure… If they’re going to expand Wutai and throw in some more or less fabricated link with the AVALANCHE, maybe there could be some news about the daughter of Wutai’s leader having gone mysteriously missing around the time the bombings started. That could even add another layer to her reasoning for joining Cloud and the others. Or maybe we’ll just hear people talking about this idiot bandit in the wilderness just outside Midgar, I wouldn’t complain. :monster:

About Cid, I wouldn’t mind if we actually saw the guy? I mean, it’s not Final Fantasy without a Cid :P Maybe he could be in Shinra HQ to try to make his case about the rocket for the last time before deciding he’s done with them (until the President dies and he tries again with Rufus I guess). I would love to see him wearing an ugly suit :P

Maybe have it be mentioned that Reeve's is working on something.

Legend

Rookie Adventurer
So what are the chances we'll see Elena? Reno gets injured during the Sector 7 incident but I highly doubt that would be his last appearance in the game. But then he can always reappear without Elena ever showing up.

In the original, Rude only appears once during the entire Midgar portion but we already know he has an extended role in the remake. We'll probably see more of Tseng, too.

What do you guys think?

Saven

Pro Adventurer
I really hope that we get to see Reeve Tuesti more in the remake. Maybe unpopular opinion but out of all the main characters I think cait sith's/reeve's story needs "rebooting" the most.

I really hope this is the case. I thought Reeve was an interesting character and it will be cool to see his perspective of things at the top level (pun intended).

Personally, I hope the relationship between he and Barret are explored even further. The interactions with them can be funny and serious when needed. I can't wait for the scene in the last part of the Remake where Reeve/Cait Sith finally confronts Barret on his recklessness on blowing up the reactors and how many lives have been lost or affected for the worse. It's one of my Top 5 scenes in the original game and based on what we have seen in the trailers and Barret's bio on SE's website, I think they are going to explore that subject even further. When everyone realizes that they destroyed the building + lives after the first bombing, Barret blows it off and has a "suck it up" attitude and that bio revealed that he was too much for other AVALANCHE cells because of his extreme methods. This subject will eventually be brought back up again at the end of the game but by then, we should see Barret's fall and redemption (seeing what Sector 7's destruction has done to his friends and family and being forgiven by the group) and how Reeve needs to learn to forgive as well and that he really isn't all that perfect either. Reeve will then do his part to get everyone out of Midgar for his redemption arc as a Shinra exec.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
This has probably been pointed out already, but I sincerely hope the MASSIVE increase in quote-unquote "awareness" of terrorism in the West since 1997 isn't going to lead to either downplaying of AVALANCHE/Barret's actions, and/or them feeling the need to definitively and decisively condemn them in-game, rather than the placing of confusion and 'grey area' front and center which is one of the elements that makes the original the brilliant work it is.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
This has probably been pointed out already, but I sincerely hope the MASSIVE increase in quote-unquote "awareness" of terrorism in the West since 1997 isn't going to lead to either downplaying of AVALANCHE/Barret's actions, and/or them feeling the need to definitively and decisively condemn them in-game, rather than the placing of confusion and 'grey area' front and center which is one of the elements that makes the original the brilliant work it is.

Well now they're really focusing on their community service lol. Really going the "pet the dog" route instead of downplaying/subverting the terrorism. You can totally tell this game isn't being made in the USA.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I mean to say that instead of downplaying or undercutting the terrorism, they are including all of it, but “balancing” it by having them look after the neighbourhood children and carry groceries and stuff. “Good guys,” right? Whereas I feel like it would still be a hard sell to produce a story in the states where the main characters... you know... I feel like that kind of thing is too recent and sensitive for producers to green-light. Even if they did, the “solution” wouldn’t be showing us how kind and community-focused the terrorists are when they’re not terrorizing, the solution would be to I don’t know make the bombs only big EMPs with no casualties or something.

Oh, and I hate to link to tvtropes but I did use the phrase pet the dog.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I won't be surprised if there ends up being a mainstream controversy in America about the game's sympathetic depiction of terrorism, especially with how popular the game will inevitably be.

Also, @Mr. Ite, I love TV Tropes. I used to crash my computer in high school on that site due to too many tabs. :monster:

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Yeah, I recall the darts minigame being in the early parts of XV. It wasn't anything amazing though, so I hope SE doesn't make it more complicated just because they want to. I already suck at darts in real life, I don't want the same real life aggravation in video games too.

It probably won't happen in part 1, but I want more flashbacks of Barret and his life back in Corel. I want to see him happy with his wife, his friendship with Dyne, (and I wanna know if their wives were friends with each other), and baby Marlene being the cutest little thing ever.

....this also may be a bit masochistic, considering what happened to Barret and Dyne, but it's a bit of shame that in OG had only barely delved into Barret's past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom