FFVIIR Official Concept Art & Twitter Whatnots

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Well the Shinra Bld has been replaced with the Tokyo SkyTree in this promo image..... BUT it's 3012x3370 and as such it's the highest resolution we've had so far of the main keyart/cover art yet:

edda9e1327161506.jpg

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
I've always wondered: what are those enormous pipes for? Ventilation to the slums? Reactor exhaust fumes?
They're for the Rule of Cool.
I had wondered this myself, to be honest. If I had to try and shoehorn some engineering explanation into this, I'd think:
- ventilation to the slums is out, you'd rather rely on a vast array of small ducts.
- exhausts of fumes: that's rather what's going on the reactor towers themselves. You'd rather have multiple smaller stacks than this giant pipe. So, I wouldn't count on it.

IMO, more probable explanations would be:
- some kind of giant heat exchanger. The only common feature those kinds of enormous sizes in the industry are cooling towers in power plants (commonly featured in nuclear power plants, namely). In a thermal power plant, a heat source is used to pressurize a gas (often steam) which is used to propel a turbine (which generates electricity). Following the turbine, the gas usually has residual energy (waste heat) which isn't practically usable, so it has to be dissipated instead.
- some kind of cylindrical chamber designed for large plasma confinement, similar to the technologies developed to harness nuclear fusion power (which are often based on torus geometry). I think I like this idea, given the visual similarities between plasma and what's described as "mako energy" (although you could also assign the visuals to Cherenkov radiations, which is a different phenomenon).
[/engineering fantasy]

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Nice, but he's not the only character in the game. I wish they'd spend time on the other characters, too.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
He's not the only character, but he is the main character. Of course they're going to release his character trailer first; the AVALANCHE trio was just featured in the last Famitsu anyway.

Speaking of, is the spelling for the remake AVALANCHE or Avalanche? Because I'm used to the all-caps version, but I don't remember seeing that in any of the media so I might be out of date.

Jairus

He's not the only character, but he is the main character. Of course they're going to release his character trailer first; the AVALANCHE trio was just featured in the last Famitsu anyway.

Speaking of, is the spelling for the remake AVALANCHE or Avalanche? Because I'm used to the all-caps version, but I don't remember seeing that in any of the media so I might be out of date.

I never mentioned the trio (though they still haven't given us hi-res profile renders of them yet like they did for Reno, Rude, and the other four, and if XIII's Team NORA could get them, so should the trio), I was speaking about all the other characters, and they already released a mini-vid about Cloud as well as one about Barret. And we haven't even seen Red XIII yet at all. I just want them to give us more stuff we haven't seen than rehash what we already know.

Jairus

If I don't bring something up, I'm not talking about it. They should just show more things we haven't seen, like Red and Rufus, instead of repeating what we already have. That's all I'm saying.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
I'm still not big on Tifa's high... stockings? What do we call these? Anyway, I liked her socks more, because they gave a more sport/industrial low class of the 90s feel than what she has on her legs right now. But that's just me. :monster:

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I'm still not big on Tifa's high... stockings? What do we call these? Anyway, I liked her socks more, because they gave a more sport/industrial low class of the 90s feel than what she has on her legs right now. But that's just me. :monster:

That's an interesting point. I don't particularly mind it, but it does change the vibe to something a little more "dressy," doesn't it?

When I saw the scan my first reaction was how awesome she looks but also how I wished they would finally give her a more realistic level of muscle tone. Japan really hates women with abs, it seems. Not remotely the first time I've seen a fit female fighter character with like no muscle.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Thanks for the foods all ??

I might be the only one but I'm kind of sad they removed the little skull motifs for Tifa for me that kind of thing adds character, like it was a small nod to Tifa having some kind of phase or something while growing up and that was a small nod to that :pinkmonster:

Anyway I hope we do get to see the kitten she used to have perhaps in flashbacksl ?l

Aerith I feel I am being hyper critical of since she's my OG favourite so everytime I feel like they might have changed something in production as new trailers, etc, come out I'm like :aah::aah::aah:

The Red!Dress realization though ... just remembered that and that is absolutely perfect in my books ... don't you touch that SE don't you ..

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
That's an interesting point. I don't particularly mind it, but it does change the vibe to something a little more "dressy," doesn't it?

When I saw the scan my first reaction was how awesome she looks but also how I wished they would finally give her a more realistic level of muscle tone. Japan really hates women with abs, it seems. Not remotely the first time I've seen a fit female fighter character with like no muscle.

I don’t mind the leggings/stockings, as I don’t think they are just stockings to be more “dressy”. I think they are meant to be compression stockings/leggings, which athletes wear to increase circulation and muscle recovery, and reduce cramping. So I think it’s an additional element that fits with Tifa’s martial artist shtick. Like how Barret’s shades aren’t just for a “cool factor”, but because they are protection for the sparks/flashes from his gun arm.

Top Bottom