FFVIIR Official Concept Art & Twitter Whatnots

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
I wonder what all the mini map will show. I hope everything of interest isn't highlighted and you still have to do a fair amount of exploration. Love finding things outside of the normal treasure chests.
I usually disable the mini maps in video games so you could also do that if the mini map highlights stuff you would like to stay hidden for you. From the looks of it, there will compass as well and a marker on screen to your destination if I am not mistaken now. :D

Maybe we will be getting the option to choose from mini map, compass or just a destination marker on screen.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Is the Masamune in the picture of Sephiroth in Shinra HQ covered in blood? Not sure if it’s been mentioned anywhere, but if so it certainly has some implications for a certain later scene and blood content. Which has of course been a hot topic of debate for a while ....

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It isn't, but I doubt the sword often is bloodied to the hilt, that's a long ways from the part of the blade he's probably actually using, lol. Also impossible to say when precisely we're seeing him there.

Clean Cut Chaos

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Cub Chaos
I'm personally hoping that the Sephiroth image is like the adult Tifa on the water tower or Barret and Marlene in the church images. Iconic locations and characters, but scenes that don't really happen in the way depicted. Half of the magic for me was the mysteriousness of Seph for a good bit of the game. The unfolding of events in the HQ in the OG were perfection, IMNSHO.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
True, but there is no mystery about Sephiroth anymore. Even people who have never played FF7 know who he is and what he looks like. To newbies, keeping as hidden for as much of the story could be seen as annoying. Jerking them around when they know full well what the deal is.

That said, I agree that this doesn't prove we're gonna see him murder the president. It could just be a render, or this could be an image that flashes on the screen when Palmer tells the party he saw Sephiroth.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
True, but there is no mystery about Sephiroth anymore. Even people who have never played FF7 know who he is and what he looks like. To newbies, keeping as hidden for as much of the story could be seen as annoying. Jerking them around when they know full well what the deal is.

That said, I agree that this doesn't prove we're gonna see him murder the president. It could just be a render, or this could be an image that flashes on the screen when Palmer tells the party he saw Sephiroth.
Yep, it's one of those things that will keep coming up again and again, but I personally wouldn't blame them whichever direction they went in regards to FF7's original twists.

I also thought this could've been Palmer's POV. They could still protect the perceived integrity of the scene by doing it that way. Original bloody reveal, then Palmer's visualised account- or an entire cutaway. Perhaps that would make the most people happy lol.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I hope President Shinra's death is revealed in a similar way as the original. Doing things the same way isn't going to create the same feeling--it'll be less "Just how strong is Sephiroth!?" and more "Yup, that's how that happened!" In a perfect world, they find a way to handle that scene that impresses new players and surprises old ones.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer

CHnV4yl.jpg

AFLy6fW.jpg

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Yeah if I had $1800 to spend on wall decorations, I might splurge. Splurge on some nice frames and then use AI to upscale the images and print them myself. Fuckin Squeenix.

edit: I didn’t say $2400 b/c I don’t care about the first two images, but the rest of them are obviously 10/10 amazing.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Agreed... Not really sure who's the market for that kind of stuff. If this is up for sale, there must be a demand somewhere, right?
Then who the hell would have this much disposable income?
When I think that my local university printing services can get you HQ 48" x 36" prints for less than $40 CAD...

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
The JP site was updated today, now with Sephiroth, Pres. Shinra, Heidegger and Roche in the "Characters" section.

Renders etc:

f4a4131328783779.png

90e9551328783781.jpg

29bc3f1328783765.png

2b8b041328783769.jpg

933e621328783773.png

65bd861328783776.jpg

9818871328783788.png

23b9551328783785.png

87e3eb1328783791.jpg

They've also updated the "Media" section with non-upscaled (but still cropped and smaller than the previous Cloud/Aerith/Barret keyart uploads) Tifa and Sephiroth keyart:

f9d0591328783759.jpg

998ce11328783763.jpg

Lastly the "System" section was updated as well and we now have clear renders of Chocobo & Mog and Shiva summons (they've also updated the Ifrit render so I'm including that again):

e63d391328783793.png

01c4e91328783798.png

1c792c1328783800.png

Last edited:

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Something that stands out to me is that the age of President Shinra's hands appear 20 to 30 years younger than age of his face. I'm wondering if this is a goof, or if it's a subtle way they are trying to convey that he's never had to touch anything that would ever age his hands.

Last edited:

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
The amount of detail in these models is pretty astounding - especially that Aeris render. Ah, I guess President Shinra's hands looking like that could be just 'cause they made him from a base model and just kept the hands? I dunno. Maybe it's cause FF also tends to idealize things. I have no idea.

latest

Glad to see this old Tifa render remade in the new style! They carried the emotion of the piece over perfectly, I think. SE is continuing to knock it out of the park.

Top Bottom