• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Demo Listed on PSN (UPDATE: The Full Intro is on YouTube)

Squalionheart

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Rhaaa! Another day I check here to see if the Demo is available and I need to hit my head myself on all my walls to not open all Demo video capture shared elsewhere T-T.

Please SQEX, I will not be able to wait so long anymore, my walls are now almost all destruct!

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Well, the Demo does say "Select a version to purchase" at the end and not "Select a version to preorder"...

Could that be a hint towards it really coming out on March 3rd?

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Could that be a hint towards it really coming out on March 3rd?
source.gif

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
It would conveniently take most of the responsibility off of Square if it was meant to release on launch day lol

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
They aren't taking the demo from the final build though, so of course they're going to have to state that the demo represents something that's still in development. If nothing else, it seems like a good idea to say that in any demo, just to cover your bases.

Apparently they don't mention the release date anywhere in the demo? If that's true, maybe they really did mean for it to be available at launch. I'd imagine pre-release marketing is most effective when you actually mention the release date.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
As shady as famous sites can be, the ongoing theory that the Demo will be launched with the game due to the "Purchase" thingy is going strong. Maybe the guy just got the wrong impression.

Lex

Administrator
As shady as famous sites can be, the ongoing theory that the Demo will be launched with the game due to the "Purchase" thingy is going strong. Maybe the guy just got the wrong impression.

I'm not out to toot my own horn, but I'm just a random dude running a niche fansite. We aren't professionals and we don't even really have article editors (beyond me when someone else happens to write for the front page). We would never allow something like that to be posted without solid evidence, so I can't understand it when big sites do this kind of thing. I really don't get it. I mean I know - "clicks" - but is it really worth it to the person who wrote the article to dismantle their integrity as a writer? It's a very minor increase in ad revenue.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
From having worked and still working within the journalism industry - yes, it seems to be worth to everyone. The companies justify it by saying it's a mino increase in ad revenue in that article but pin their hopes in trying to make people stay with your website, which may mean further revenue in further pieces you post.

I hate the practice, don't get me wrong. I think journalism (whichever branch it may be) has the responsability of informing people. But I've since realized that the best way is to actually try to play a bit with your headlines so that people will want to click them, while still offering the same quality content. It's the only thing I can do and I'm still not where I'd like to be regarding views. Likely I'll never be (so I'm lucky to have branched out towards other stuff).

Unfortunately, information has become another source of entertainment. People often look at news not just to have information but for entertainment value (seriously), so in the end they choose to read what they want to read. In this case, a GameSpot reader would prefer reading some news, even if it turns out to be fake in the end. Stupid, I know.

And that's why I don't have faith in people. :monster:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
From having worked and still working within the journalism industry - yes, it seems to be worth to everyone. The companies justify it by saying it's a mino increase in ad revenue in that article but pin their hopes in trying to make people stay with your website, which may mean further revenue in further pieces you post.

I hate the practice, don't get me wrong. I think journalism (whichever branch it may be) has the responsability of informing people. But I've since realized that the best way is to actually try to play a bit with your headlines so that people will want to click them, while still offering the same quality content. It's the only thing I can do and I'm still not where I'd like to be regarding views. Likely I'll never be (so I'm lucky to have branched out towards other stuff).

Unfortunately, information has become another source of entertainment. People often look at news not just to have information but for entertainment value (seriously), so in the end they choose to read what they want to read. In this case, a GameSpot reader would prefer reading some news, even if it turns out to be fake in the end. Stupid, I know.

And that's why I don't have faith in people. :monster:
Which is exactly why I change the channel once they start giving their opinions. I don't watch the news to be entertained

Top Bottom