• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

GameFAQS forums a more hostile place?

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Dunno if any of you have ever been around the forums at GameFAQS, but I've noticed that's quite different than here. As some of you may no doubt be aware, I have certain ideas about the remake. I've debated them here, but people here for the most part have always been friendly and respectful even when they disagreed, and it's part of why I like it here.

Folks at GameFAQS, however, seem to be much more hostile, at least to certain things and ideas, and aren't averse to being openly disparaging and sometimes even insulting if they disagree with what's being said. That's why I haven't posted there much. But when I have, that's been my experience for the most part. Anyone else see this or have experiences like this?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Folks at GameFAQS, however, seem to be much more hostile, at least to certain things and ideas, and aren't averse to being openly disparaging and sometimes even insulting if they disagree with what's being said. That's why I haven't posted there much. But when I have, that's been my experience for the most part. Anyone else see this or have experiences like this?

Ah, the Final Fantasy VII Gamefaqs message boards....

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

I've never hung out on any boards but these.

TLS didn't become a beacon of reasonableness and maturity by accident. Yop and the mods put a lot of hard work into making this place what it is - a place where you can heartily disagree with someone, and have a knock down argument about it, and still be mates with each other after.

Do you guys remember about a year or two ago we were having a series of staged arguments about which two NPCs would win in a fight - e.g. Dio v. Mr Dolphin, Chole v. Sector Seven Train Man? Those were fun.

youffie

Pro Adventurer
I thought that was a given :monster:

I don’t even an account and I haven't been in years, but I remember that when I was starved for information about the remake and I was really bored I would go there to read dozens of pages after pages of creative insults and people going on and on and on about turn based VS action based combat.

I don’t think you’ll find much friendlier forums with people that actually know what they’re talking about than these, at least in my experience.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
It helps that a lot of users here have been here for a very long time, so people tend to know each other well enough. It's not the abyss of a thousand screaming voices that places like GameFAQs and other big internet pages become. There's a proper sense of community here, so big old flame wars can't break out so easily.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
It helps that a lot of users here have been here for a very long time, so people tend to know each other well enough. It's not the abyss of a thousand screaming voices that places like GameFAQs and other big internet pages become. There's a proper sense of community here, so big old flame wars can't break out so easily.
I like to think that it doesn't take a sense of community for people to be polite to each other though haha.

Top Bottom