People canceling preorders because of LTD issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
I read some comments on DeviantArt yesterday saying some people were canceling their preorders of the remake after seeing the leaks because they felt their particular ship didn't get enough focus or attention. Anyone else heard about this? I don't know how true it is or what they're talking about, since I've been avoiding the leaks. Clotis and Cleriths going at it again, maybe?

Jairus

It is rather silly, yeah. I just didn't know if it was really happening or if it was just rumors. Silly internet...

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I think it's the best thing ever that in 2020, over two decades after the original game was released, this debate still sparks such passion, fire and fury in people. :monster:

If the LTD could be harnessed into an energy source it would be a perpetual motion machine

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Those silly, silly Clessies.

:monster:

Anywho, I doubt very many folks are doing this, even among the already relatively small numbers of FFVII fans who are diehard in their shipping.

We know generally what to expect from the original game, so there's a lot of memorable interactions we've yet to see embellished upon for the remake in even more memorable fashion. I'm expecting a certain Gold Saucer sequence to be hella fan service-y for shippers of a particular persuasion. It likely won't be optional who accompanies Cloud in this telling, so I expect them to go all out getting that whole portion to make Aerith stand out for the player.

Vortigern

Pro Adventurer
We know generally what to expect from the original game, so there's a lot of memorable interactions we've yet to see embellished upon for the remake in even more memorable fashion. I'm expecting a certain Gold Saucer sequence to be hella fan service-y for shippers of a particular persuasion. It likely won't be optional who accompanies Cloud in this telling, so I expect them to go all out getting that whole portion to make Aerith stand out for the player.

As much as I enjoy the almost-confession during the date with Tifa (and the fact the scene matches the title of the music playing), I'd be totally fine with a expanded focus on the date with Aerith and it being the only option given it completes the deal made during their initial meeting and contains the most meaningful story elements of all of the potential dates.

...That said, I do hope equal treatment is given later on during another scene seen as 'optional'.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Are we sure those people preordered the game in the first place?

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Now I just wanna play with various Cloud x [character] possibilities. Let's see....

Clarret
Cledge
Cliggs (this one made me laugh, for some reason)
Clod XIII/ Clanaki
Clait Sith (hm. Not much difference)
Clid (also similar)
Clincent
Clephiroth (hmmm.... Sephiroud?)
Cloucrecia?
Clufus
Clayor Domino
Clon Corneo
Clalmer
Clesident Shinra
Clugenhagen
Clukki
Clocobo Sage
Clojo
Clenova

....and more, I'm sure :monster:

a_apple

Pro Adventurer
AKA
orange
When the first leaks came out I went to many different places to look for information, and I swear everytime I came across shippers it was pure cancer. These people see any and all interaction between characters as some kind of evidence for or against their ship. If they think its for their ship they go absolutely bonkers over it and act smug as fug, and if they think it goes against their ship they bitch and moan and throw tantrums. I swear to god I hate these weirdos so much. Most obnoxious people in the entire fandom.

Lex

Administrator
As a spoiler free note, having seen the leaks - idk what any shipper has to be mad about? The entire game/ script has not leaked. There's no telling what's going to happen between most of the characters in part one, there's literally just been a few snippets. It could easily go completely in the other direction from what they're expecting.

Clocobo Sage

I am deceased.

Jairus

Thanks, Lex. Some guys on GameFAQs were saying the leaks showed that certain ones were definitively not a thing, and I thought from what Mako said in the other thread about the nature of what was leaked and how it's unlikely to change much that most everything was known now about what will happen between the characters. Glad to know I was wrong about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom