• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Kingdom Hearts III

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
is the dlc available tomorrow? i've never predownloaded anything before, this is the first time and there's a timer counting down to about 3pm gmt (12am jst) and i'm wondering if i can start playing it then

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Remind for me was like 14gb I think? Seems a lot for an unlock key

Watching the title demo for old times sake

Did you get the Japanese version? And the concert video? Because in that case the download is the concert+English voice pack.

Also, they didn't add anything substantial to the main game. There are 4 cutscenes at the end that have been modified a bit (they are marked in the theater menu though, one of them is the ending FMV).

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
yeah I have the Japanese version, I wasn’t particularly planning on going through it with English voices but I guess I might as well :sadpanda: I didn’t get the concert video, figured I should save a little bit of money at least

Spoiler cut for my impressions so far, don’t know how far in I am

It’s been a year since I played the original so I remember the main gist of the story but not the exact details of the cutscenes, so I don’t know which of these scenes they’re showing are just repeats of stuff in the original/main game.

I like the option to use other characters as it makes me replay the end of the game again lol, but i think it’s be more appreciated if it wasn’t just in one battle each and you could run around as different characters

Also I am glad kairi gets to be on the title screen now let me play as her too

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
From my memory:

- Scene with Sora talking to Namine in the Final World, there's a PS2 flashback added
- Xemnas attacking Axel at the Keyblade Graveyard with his energy sphere attack or whatever, there's way more of them hitting him now
- Xehanort summons Kingdom Hearts, there's new music playing. Also, the sky was grey clouds with Darkness(tm) raining from the sky. Now the sky turns...really pretty instead with no more Darkness rain. The new skybox also carries over into gameplay, here's a screencap:

EO4tKMgXsAEsBBD

- The ending improves some of the character models, tweaks facial animations and depth of field effects here and there. There's also a change towards the end where Donald noticed Kairi and Mickey was gesturing as if telling him to leave her alone or whatever, that interaction is now gone and the editing in that part is a bit different too

edit: Comparison caps:

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I am too out of practice to do the limit cut episode right now. I managed to beat the kh2fm ones eventually but that was after playing the whole game again

I’m not very good normally but I managed to beat all the optional bosses in previous games except the bbsfm ones, so I feel like I should be able to do this too

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i tried three of these limit cut battles and i can't do it yet. i will have to wait until people better at the game than me devise a strategy, because i feel like there's some story being locked away behind these battles. but i will have to save that for tomorrow or friday now

also, reading those cutscene changes i think all of those appear in re:mind anyway except the first one

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The Data Battles are fucking real.

It's as if the developers took the critique of their game being easiest of them all personally and have adjusted the Org XIII Data boss fights accordingly. These things are brutal. It's honestly KH2FM all over again. Which is a good thing. But this unfortunately locks the true optional boss because you can't access it unless you beat all data fights.

And that's a boss fight against
Yozora
and my God from what I've seen, it's a nightmare.

I'm gonna have to come back to this when I have time because this is going to take awhile. I just don't have time to get beaten up for hours to learn these patterns and eek out victory :monster:

This is a very nice DLC package, however. There's definitely plenty to do and the remix of Garden of Assemblage is fire. I love it. The remixes of each of the Org member's fights are amazing as well. It's a wonderful send off to them all. Just... Brutal.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The new content definitely feels justified and the equivalent of a new "world." I gotta give them credit for making KH3 feel like more of a complete game :monster:

ReMind does so much better in explaining and showcasing exactly what the "Power of Waking" is, and it's limits. It essentially allows time travel and resurrection, but is limited within the time span of where the person was and what they experienced. Also, it gives the final battle more weight and importance, and I do love how they frame ReMind as Sora essentially doing one last backwards time-jump to resurrect Kairi to explain how she came back in the ending.

Q9 What can you say about the secret boss & episode?

Nomura: The secrets contain my thoughts about the future of the series, but with the information out at present I don't think you'll be able to guess any of it. Some parts of the battle ended up very different from what I requested. But it surprised me in a good way, so take it as it is.

So Nomura's thoughts on the future of Kingdom Hearts are
Versus XIII-2 Electric Boogaloo. This fact here, is probably the one thing that I find just.... So fucking ridiculously weird.

Nomura isn't hiding his intention of re-living/re-developing Versus XIII through Kingdom Hearts at all. It's not even subtle. The Yozora boss fight is more than just a homage to Versus XIII Noctis. Yozora heavily rips off Noctis' style and abilities seen before, and I speculate Nomura's line about "Some parts of the battle ended up very different from what I requested" is a reference to how Yozora's battle abilities are given a digital/data appearance rather than the crystalline style Noctis' abilities have.

Yozora has the ability to literally steal Sora's keyblade briefly and add it to his magical armament of weapons he attacks you with. He attacks you with multiple copies of weapons that appear out of nowhere and surround you from all sides. Yozora leaves behind afterimages of himself when completing attacks. He attacks from the all sides, seemingly warping and striking you before you can hit back. Yozora attacks with swords, guns, and digitized magic.

The thing that thankfully gives Yozora his own unique design and aesthetic, is the futuristic digital vibe a lot of his moves carry, including warping you to some digital projection of space before warping you to some unknown white space where he summons multiple Magitek Armor Gigas to attack you.

But what kills it is if you lose the fight, Yozora says he doesn't lose, and Sora seemingly enters Crystal Stasis. Which prompts Yozora to promise to save you. If you beat him, Yozora says his power isn't needed yet, before smiling and disappearing as crystal shards float up around him. Leaving Sora to just sorta stand there confused atop the 104 building from TWEWY before teleporting to KH Limbo.

Either outcome leads to... The most egregious example of self-plagiarism I've seen in modern media :monster:

Yozora at the back of a limousine napping, his head tilted towards the rear passenger window before fully awakening and staring out at the cityscape.

Sound familiar?

It should, because it's almost a scene-for-scene rip of the Versus XIII Trailer from 2011.

The secret ending is Yozora in a limousine ala Versus XIII, being driven by someone who sounds suspiciously like Luxord, and saying the iconic phrase of Kingdom Hearts 1. "I've been having these weird thoughts lately... Like, is any of this for real, or not? None of this makes sense to me."

It doesn't to me, either. Nomura simply won't let it go. Something was seriously taken from him with the loss of the chance to direct and develop Versus XIII for the PS3 over 13 fucking years ago. And he won't stop til he does so in some form or fashion.

Which means making Yozora an apparent new heir to a Keyblade, or at least... The person who has been tasked with saving Sora now that he's crossed hearts with him, since Sora's apparently fallen into his world.... Or something.

Nomura intends to re-live Versus XIII with Kingdom Hearts Verum Rex, one way or another.

So that's the future of Kingdom Hearts, apparently :monster: It couldn't get any clearer.

Last edited:

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Nomura's salt over VSXIII is so real I could use it to salt my fries and then get a heart attack from the NaCl and grease overdose.

Uh, anyhow, I finally got a PS4 of my own and finished setting it up. After a year, I can finally play KH3~~

.....god I'm so rusty, I should have replayed 1 and 2 for a bit. :sadpanda:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
God damn it Nomura, one thing at a time! Don't make me go get the spray bottle.

Well, I guess he still has Square Enix loading more things onto him. I'm not expecting any more KH titles until after FFVII Remake is finished(which will take years), and I hear tell a rumor that one of the next new titles is another mobile game centered on
Xehanort leading up to why he became a Seeker of Darkness

The new content definitely feels justified and the equivalent of a new "world." I gotta give them credit for making KH3 feel like more of a complete game :monster:

ReMind does so much better in explaining and showcasing exactly what the "Power of Waking" is, and it's limits. It essentially allows time travel and resurrection, but is limited within the time span of where the person was and what they experienced. Also, it gives the final battle more weight and importance, and I do love how they frame ReMind as Sora essentially doing one last backwards time-jump to resurrect Kairi to explain how she came back in the ending.

It does make a lot more sense, even if I kind of knew it from the beginning. Somewhat unrelated note, good thing my fanfics based on KH3 end differently and with much happier endings(even though I still have to complete two that I'm working on but taking a bit of a break due to writer's block and life going on, lol. *Sweatdrops sheepishly*).

So Nomura's thoughts on the future of Kingdom Hearts are
Versus XIII-2 Electric Boogaloo. This fact here, is probably the one thing that I find just.... So fucking ridiculously weird.

Nomura isn't hiding his intention of re-living/re-developing Versus XIII through Kingdom Hearts at all. It's not even subtle. The Yozora boss fight is more than just a homage to Versus XIII Noctis. Yozora heavily rips off Noctis' style and abilities seen before, and I speculate Nomura's line about "Some parts of the battle ended up very different from what I requested" is a reference to how Yozora's battle abilities are given a digital/data appearance rather than the crystalline style Noctis' abilities have.

Yozora has the ability to literally steal Sora's keyblade briefly and add it to his magical armament of weapons he attacks you with. He attacks you with multiple copies of weapons that appear out of nowhere and surround you from all sides. Yozora leaves behind afterimages of himself when completing attacks. He attacks from the all sides, seemingly warping and striking you before you can hit back. Yozora attacks with swords, guns, and digitized magic.

The thing that thankfully gives Yozora his own unique design and aesthetic, is the futuristic digital vibe a lot of his moves carry, including warping you to some digital projection of space before warping you to some unknown white space where he summons multiple Magitek Armor Gigas to attack you.

But what kills it is if you lose the fight, Yozora says he doesn't lose, and Sora seemingly enters Crystal Stasis. Which prompts Yozora to promise to save you. If you beat him, Yozora says his power isn't needed yet, before smiling and disappearing as crystal shards float up around him. Leaving Sora to just sorta stand there confused atop the 104 building from TWEWY before teleporting to KH Limbo.

Either outcome leads to... The most egregious example of self-plagiarism I've seen in modern media :monster:

Yozora at the back of a limousine napping, his head tilted towards the rear passenger window before fully awakening and staring out at the cityscape.

Sound familiar?

It should, because it's almost a scene-for-scene rip of the Versus XIII Trailer from 2011.

The secret ending is Yozora in a limousine ala Versus XIII, being driven by someone who sounds suspiciously like Luxord, and saying the iconic phrase of Kingdom Hearts 1. "I've been having these weird thoughts lately... Like, is any of this for real, or not? None of this makes sense to me."

It doesn't to me, either. Nomura simply won't let it go. Something was seriously taken from him with the loss of the chance to direct and develop Versus XIII for the PS3 over 13 fucking years ago. And he won't stop til he does so in some form or fashion.

Which means making Yozora an apparent new heir to a Keyblade, or at least... The person who has been tasked with saving Sora now that he's crossed hearts with him, since Sora's apparently fallen into his world.... Or something.

Nomura intends to re-live Versus XIII with Kingdom Hearts Verum Rex, one way or another.

So that's the future of Kingdom Hearts, apparently. It couldn't get any clearer.

Hmmmm....It is weird, but at the same time has me very curious.

Nomura's salt over VSXIII is so real I could use it to salt my fries and then get a heart attack from the NaCl and grease overdose.

Lol. Guess Square's still not allowing him to use Noctis even with Tabata having left, but then again, he isn't the best of directors, unfortunately. No offense Nomura. My hope for the future games is that Disney doesn't decide to let Nomura use the contents of Star Wars and/or Marvel, especially since, even though they are now owned by the company, they are not Disney originals, and Pixar's Toy Story and Monsters Inc. are half owned by Disney since they helped create both films.

And while I'm kinda jinxing a repeat of KH3's development if it were to happen(extremely unlikely, but hey, one can dream), I kind of wish Nomura would ask Sega to burrow/crossover Kingdom Hearts with Sonic the Hedgehog because of his appearences in Wreck it Ralph and it's sequel but as an actual world and characters similar to Disney Castle like how he tried for years to ask for Toy Story to be in Kingdom Hearts.

I know that Paramount's pretty much already releasing the live action movie(which, um, I'm gonna avoid because Sonic's appearance there is too creepy for words and Jim Carry as Robotnik is just...too much Ace Ventura(can't remember how to spell the last name and I've only seen the second movie) style and less Eggman style) next month, and Sega will definitely say no, but I'd much prefer Sonic over Star Wars and Marvel.

Like I said, it's extremely unlikely.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Just finished the ReMind scenario. Was kinda disappointing. To get to the cool new bits you have to trudge through 80% rehashed content and cutscenes.

Started Limitcut. Photo mode is very different from what I wanted but at the same time there are so many more possibilities with this, holy crap. That's gonna be fun to mess around with,
Not sure how I feel about more story being locked behind the superbosses now because dang, it's time to start grinding. I haven't touched the game since I finished it last year, so I'm only level 42, no Ultima Weapon or anything of the sorts. :')

Also:

Nomura: KH3 is the end of the Xehanort saga
Also Nomura: Here's a mobile app prequel starring Xehanort

Like, can we actually seriously move on from this asshole please

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Sat at work at the end of the day like

Man I can’t wait to get home and do some stat maxing

I thought about doing it when i was playing the game the first time but I thought there wasn’t a point, I’d already beaten all the enemies and was powerful enough

How naive you were, sweet summer hito of January 2019

Top Bottom