FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Theme Song Trailer

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
English:

Japanese:

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Theme Song Behind The Scenes video (Closed Captions)

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Orchestra World Tour (Thanks to Misterbadguy for the heads up)

"Experience all new symphonic arrangements, including the FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Theme Song “Hollow,” the latest original composition from Nobuo Uematsu, performed by an orchestra and chorus of over 100 musicians, led by GRAMMY® Award-winning conductor Arnie Roth."

Twitter:

Let me know about anything else to add.

Last edited:
Thankful for the subtitled lyrics in the JP video about Hollow. Sounds like there are a few non-subtitled lines at the very end of the video, but I reckon this gives us most of the song.

I would be lost​
Drifting along​
Floating up high​
Time after time​
And there you'd be​
Shining brightly​
Your smiling face​
To guide my way​
Bloody and bruised​
Brought to my knees​
When beaten down​
When broken up​
You would appear,​
Reach out to me,​
Heal every wound,​
And make me whole​
Was it all a dream?​
Will I never know?​
Foolish and blind​
To everything​
Had I realized,​
Had I thought it through,​
Would you be here​
in my embrace?​
Shine bright once more​
Guide me to you​
Smile bright​
Once more​
This time​
I will never let you go​

EDIT: Square Enix blog entry about the music for FFVIIR

Last edited:

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
I expected to hear a song but feel like I watched half of the game instead. They weren't joking about the reimagind part.

Aye, I was expecting to just see/hear the new theme song and not a whole trailer with so many spoilers. Kinda regret seeing some of it now as I did want to be introduced to some of the characters by playing the game first. Oh well, I should have completely cut myself off from any news until the remake dropped when I had the chance :mon:

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
So apparently, being very spoilery is a common thing in Japan, but can we say that they also showed so much because of the leaks?

I've been listening non-stop to the "Hollow" behind-the-scenes video. I feel like the sound captures essential aspects of the FFVII atmosphere: Melancholy and trepidation mixed in with golden shiny wires sparkles of hope and strength. I think I will enjoy hearing this song during (presumably) the game's ending credits, absorbing what has just happened and looking forward to the blue skies and green grassfields of Part 2. :monster:

MelodicEnigma

Pro Adventurer
I've been listening non-stop to the "Hollow" behind-the-scenes video. I feel like the sound captures essential aspects of the FFVII atmosphere: Melancholy and trepidation mixed in with golden shiny wires sparkles of hope and strength. I think I will enjoy hearing this song during (presumably) the game's ending credits, absorbing what has just happened and looking forward to the blue skies and green grassfields of Part 2. :monster:

Same! To me, the overall sound is reminiscent of CC's soundtrack, or from what I am fondly reminded of, "Nuclear" from MGS5. Already I've seen many different interpretations for the song, but I agree ut fits the series well.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Dude seeing Miss Cloud and literally going

58wK.gif

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Take notes, class.

This is how you get in front of a leak.

Simply put, that trailer was incredible.

I have no words other than to say that this game is going probably going to be incredible. Not hyperbole, I'm amazed and still hyped going into this, and seeing the amazing characterization and setting of this game. And it's going to be very different and interesting with how they manage to expand and retool this story.

Also, context means everything. It's fucking jaw-dropping how much a line being read versus being said and emoted by a human-like face changes everything. A lot of this trailer was what was revealed/read in the mining of the demo. And seeing it come together like this gave me goosebumps.

I just want to say, that there's going to be a lot in this. There's going to be a lot... And it's going to be different, yet amazing. It's exciting, to say the least.

On another note, it's almost overwhelming seeing FFVII in FFVII R... Like it's surreal almost seeing FFVII reborn again in a new higher quality medium... Been so used to seeing FFVII and its characters in other stories or games, and it's just... Almost shocking and jaw-dropping to see the real deal again in their own story this hard and heavy. And awesome. Like, fuck. It's really happening.

This has been the most hype trailer of the Remake. Didn't know it was possible to get higher hyped than before, but limits are meant to be broken, right? :monster:

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
I honestly don't know what's going on with the plot anymore, and that's... A VERY VERY GOOD THING.

To play the game with modern graphics? Novel.
To play the game fully voiced? Phenomenal.
To play the game redone by people who care about the original enough to be faithful to it? Spectacular.

To play the game again and NOT KNOW (exactly) WHAT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN?

PRICELESS.

Jimmy XH

Pro Adventurer
Just amazing. It's almost like SE went through the thread of leaked images and one-by-one they hit us with reveals of all the characters involved.

Reeve...BANG... Scarlet...BOSH... Palmer...SMACK... Hojo....BOOM...and just finish us off with Red XIII will ya?

There's so much to pick over and analyse here I don't know where to start, and whilst you could say it's revealing a little bit too much, we still don't know the fundamentals of how they're going to tell the story. I just love the hints they're dropping at additional story content like Hojo's little cameo and references to Wutai.

They know exactly what they're doing. They're getting us die-hards worked up into a silly frenzy whilst making the game look very exciting to the passing gamer or those who played it once or twice originally.

On another note, my heart skipped a beat when it said 04/10/2020 at the end. It took me a second to remember that in the US they put the month first...!

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
Was it already a known thing that the lip flaps match what people are saying now?

Also, Tallboi Heidegger is Best Heidegger. He is much taller than in the original.

Reactions: oty
Top Bottom