• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVIIR Official Concept Art & Twitter Whatnots

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Great trailer but... no Jessie? :( This is the first one she hasn't been in. I understand having the new reveals, but they could have done at least a quick shot of her instead of just forgetting she ever existed. Story of her life, though.

Nanaki looks and sounds perfect, though. And they kept Reeve's surname the same - he's still Tuesti, which I'm glad for. Was wondering if it would be different, but it's not.

Jairus

Well, she wasn't in it, was she? And did anyone else even notice until I brought it up? That's what I'm saying. I want her to be remembered. By SE, by the fans. Actually remembered and thought of without someone else having to bring it up first. And not forgotten anymore. But remembered along with all the rest of the cast.

Jairus

You know what I mean, stop making fun of me. Jessie's been shown fairly prominently in every trailer until now. Why would they not at least have a shot of her after establishing such a pattern? Even Biggs and Wedge got a quick shot. And you didn't address what I said about no one else even noticing until I brought it up. What I want is that, when people think of FFVIIR and its characters and see stuff like this, I don't want them to forget about her, to be so enamored by what's been shown that they completely overlook the fact that she wasn't there. I just want her to be noticed and remembered along with everyone else, that's all. Why is that deserving of ridicule?

Reactions: LNK

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Well, she wasn't in it, was she? And did anyone else even notice until I brought it up? That's what I'm saying. I want her to be remembered. By SE, by the fans. Actually remembered and thought of without someone else having to bring it up first. And not forgotten anymore. But remembered along with all the rest of the cast.
Eh, I don't mind her not being in it. They've given her more spotlight in every trailer up until this point. It looks like she'll have a larger role in the remake than she did in the OG. I'm sure we'll even get to do sidequests with her and the other AVALANCHE members. My opinion, is they should've only had two trailers and refrained from showing all that they have

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
You know what I mean, stop making fun of me. Jessie's been shown fairly prominently in every trailer until now. Why would they not at least have a shot of her after establishing such a pattern? Even Biggs and Wedge got a quick shot. And you didn't address what I said about no one else even noticing until I brought it up. What I want is that, when people think of FFVIIR and its characters and see stuff like this, I don't want them to forget about her, to be so enamored by what's been shown that they completely overlook the fact that she wasn't there. I just want her to be noticed and remembered along with everyone else, that's all. Why is that deserving of ridicule?
I get where you're coming from. But, I think the only people that will notice her not being there are people like you (not saying it's a bad thing) She's just not an important character to the majority of fans. As long as she has a larger role in the remake, will not seeing her in every single trailer really matter?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Also I find it really hard to believe yo uwould have been satisfied if her appearance was as insignificant as Biggs' and Wedge's were in this trailer.

Jairus

She wasn't even in that scene with Roche confronting Cloud - it was just Biggs and Wedge with him. I wonder where she was? Seems like a different mission than the one with the bikes and parachuting since the bikes aren't there. I know she'll have more of a role, I just wish they would have included her a little bit even if it was just a quick flash like they did with Biggs and Wedge. It's just that she's always traditionally been left out, and aside from the other trailers, she still has been. She, Biggs, and Wedge still don't have hires profile renders like the entire rest of the cast revealed prior to this trailer, and those three were among the first characters revealed for the remake. They should be given the same treatment as all the other characters have been and again, not forgotten.

I guess I'm miffed because Biggs and Wedge got in but she didn't - it wasn't entirely from the second half, Mr. B. And who's to say SE shouldn't try to make her more important to people, Pandemonium? Just because she might not have been before doesn't mean it has to stay that way, and that's what people don't seem to get. SE can use the remake to change the perceptions and value of certain characters and increase them, make them more important to people than they used to be. I just want people to be open to the possibility of such changes and allowing for them.

And Force, I would have been happy with just a flash, because it would have showed that SE at least remembered her. That's all I want. She gets forgotten and overlooked so much, I just want people to remember her and care about her character when they think of this game and not just the other characters. But her as well. Without someone having to remind them she's a part of it, too. And not have her stuck in other characters' shadows all the time.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I guess I'm miffed because Biggs and Wedge got in but she didn't

Frankly, if she isn't with them, that should make you more excited because it implies we'll be doing things with them not as a trio.

And they kept Reeve's surname the same - he's still Tuesti, which I'm glad for. Was wondering if it would be different, but it's not.

Interestingly, he just calls him "Reeve" in the Japanese trailer.

Vortigern

Pro Adventurer
What I want is that, when people think of FFVIIR and its characters and see stuff like this, I don't want them to forget about her, to be so enamored by what's been shown that they completely overlook the fact that she wasn't there. I just want her to be noticed and remembered along with everyone else, that's all. Why is that deserving of ridicule?

Jairus, as much as I recognize and respect your passion for Jessie I truly do feel in this snippet here you are taking things a bit too personally. It is one thing for you to dislike how the trailer was presented, its another matter when you have a distaste for how other's choose to digest and discuss it.

I truly believe that Jessie will have an expanded role in this game and will be the most prominent of the Avalanche Trio. But at the end of the day for me personally, and I mean no disrespect to you, she will still be viewed mainly as a part of that trio. Both in terms of this first game and years from now once the entire series is completed.

Jairus

I know she's part of the trio, Vort. What I mean is that I just don't want people to forget about her, is all. I want her to be remembered along with everyone else. I wasn't putting down anyone's way of talking about the trailer. I was just saying that I wish people would think of her and remember her. That when things like this get shown or FFVIIR gets brought up, she gets thought of and remembered along with the rest of the cast.

I hadn't thought of that, Force. I was hoping for individual missions with them, yeah.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
She wasn't even in that scene with Roche confronting Cloud - it was just Biggs and Wedge with him. I wonder where she was? Seems like a different mission than the one with the bikes and parachuting since the bikes aren't there. I know she'll have more of a role, I just wish they would have included her a little bit even if it was just a quick flash like they did with Biggs and Wedge. It's just that she's always traditionally been left out, and aside from the other trailers, she still has been. She, Biggs, and Wedge still don't have hires profile renders like the entire rest of the cast revealed prior to this trailer, and those three were among the first characters revealed for the remake. They should be given the same treatment as all the other characters have been and again, not forgotten.

I guess I'm miffed because Biggs and Wedge got in but she didn't - it wasn't entirely from the second half, Mr. B. And who's to say SE shouldn't try to make her more important to people, Pandemonium? Just because she might not have been before doesn't mean it has to stay that way, and that's what people don't seem to get. SE can use the remake to change the perceptions and value of certain characters and increase them, make them more important to people than they used to be. I just want people to be open to the possibility of such changes and allowing for them.

And Force, I would have been happy with just a flash, because it would have showed that SE at least remembered her. That's all I want. She gets forgotten and overlooked so much, I just want people to remember her and care about her character when they think of this game and not just the other characters. But her as well. Without someone having to remind them she's a part of it, too. And not have her stuck in other characters' shadows all the time.
The 3 members are not main characters for the game though right? I don't see why they should have enough screen time as the main ones. Unless you're talking about other characters. And even then, it seems like Jessie Biggs and Wedge are getting the same amount if not more than some of the other side characters.

And I didn't say SE shouldn't make them more important. I actually think they should and are. But, I don't think having them in every trailer is going to signify how much screen time they will get in the game. A lot of times, less is more. We already know they are expanding Midgar for the first part. I'm sure we'll have meaningful scenes with them in the game. But, where does that end? Are we going to want SE to do that with every single side character in future parts?

Jairus

Pandemonium, SE specifically said early on that they wanted to develop and explore the AVALANCHE trio. Them specifically. That's why I bring this up. I want them to hold to their word in every way, give them the renders and treatment every other significant character in the game has gotten. And I'm talking also about the players, I want them to remember her as much as the other characters and not forget about her.

Reactions: LNK

Jairus

Just tell me one thing. Did any of you even notice she wasn't in it until I said something? For those who didn't, that's my point. That's how she gets forgotten.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's not that Jessie's forgotten.

It's just most people aren't expecting her to appear in these scenes shown in the trailer since well... You know.

I mean, it's like expecting to see footage of Biggs in the future trailer footage for FFVII R part 2 when it releases.

No...He's not in that part. For reasons that are apparent.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Just tell me one thing. Did any of you even notice she wasn't in it until I said something? For those who didn't, that's my point. That's how she gets forgotten.

What do you mean by "notice?" If you sit down to eggs and bacon for breakfast do you "notice" that there isn't cereal on the table? I didn't "notice" that the Turks weren't in it either, I was paying attention to what was being shown. Not pining for other characters who I've already seen and know are in the game.

Jairus

The trailer wasn't entirely from the second half, though, Mako - Biggs and Wedge were in it, so Jessie could have been as well. That's all I'm saying. I just want her to at least come to people's minds when they think of FFVIIR.

And speaking of the later installments, there could be a flashback here or there of them. They shouldn't be forgotten like they were in the original game, but remembered and brought up every once in a while in a natural and unforced way where it would make sense in the other characters' development and story to do so.

By notice, Force, I mean remembering that she's a part of the game and not allowing her to get lost amidst excitement over all the new stuff. At least remembering her enough to realize she wasn't in it. And the Turks have a bigger following currently than she does, so they can get away with not being in a trailer - and they've already got the hires renders she doesn't have (Tseng aside). So being left out has more of an impact on her than it does on the Turks.

Top Bottom