How will you celebrate on April 10th?

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
I know that most of us will be playing the game, but will you be doing anything else in addition to that? Do any of you have friends or family that likes FFVII too? Will they be watching/playing the game with you?

I was thinking about inviting my friend over and ordering pizza. I'll maybe even try to make some Final Fantasy themed food if I can brainstorm any good ideas. But I mostly want to relax with a bunch of blankets and comfy seating while playing the game with my friend. We can geek out together. :)

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
My friend got me this FFVII Pepsi promotional cup for my birthday years ago:
Resized_20200131_084120.jpeg
I promised myself I wouldn't drink out of it until the remake came out, and I've been waiting like 4 years now. The drink is gonna be baha blast mountain dew because it's mako colored.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
My work place is giving us Friday and Monday off for Easter. I'm going to sit in front of my TV until the game unlocks at 3pm.

Will probably play through the Midgar scenario of the OG, read On the Way to a Smile, and watch Advent Children Complete before then. Seeing as they share a director, producer, and writer, I personally feel like ACC/OtWtaS are the closest relatives to the remake, even closer than the original game.

Last edited:

Jimmy XH

Pro Adventurer
I was thinking about inviting my friend over and ordering pizza. I'll maybe even try to make some Final Fantasy themed food if I can brainstorm any good ideas.

Three choices - Korean BBQ Plate, Sushi Plate or Today's Special. But you have to pay first.

I'll be trying my best to take my girlfriend through the Midgar portion of the OG in the next couple of months and attempt to play through with her. The likelihood is that I will spend most of the weekend running through as much as I can and she'll have to watch my second play through, but it's the thought that counts.

Sasseli

~*:Newbie:*~
I'll just play it like crazy, because nothing else matters! *sings*

Honestly, I haven't thought about anything but the game and the game and the game. I wish I had someone who got crazy with me, but sadly, I'm alone in this. I'll have to think of a strategy how to get most out of playing the game without driving my husband nuts, with all the screams of excitement and such. This'll be a real challenge!

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Luckily my copy will arrive on 11 April, which is literally half way between my two weeks off for Easter at the school I'm currently at. The only thing is I have a Masters assignment to hand in on like the 21st. So I'll get the assignment done in the first week and then switch off the outside world from the 11th for the whole second week!

Oh and I'll be going completely AWOL from here and other 7R sites until I complete the game :D My sisters, who grew up with FF7 alongside me, will probably come and watch me play for long stretches at a time!

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Work on Friday and then have to do Easter stuff for the weekend... But I took off work Monday and Tuesday following the week, will have my house stocked with groceries, close the curtains, turn off the computer, and just live in Midgar for ~50 straight hours :monster:

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
My buds usually fly in Easter Weekend to play D&D. No plans as of yet. When I do boot up the game, my wife understands that I will be in an FFVII hole until I one day emerge, most likely with a platinum trophy.

To quote Shademp: “Food... is not important.”

Saven

Pro Adventurer
After I get off work that Thursday, I am going to get really drunk and maybe play FFVII on PSX all the way up to the end of Midgar until I fall asleep. After that, I'm getting up at 8:30 and driving down to GameStop at 9 to pick my copy up. While the game is installing (based on RDR2's install time and the size seen on PSN a couple months ago for the final version, it should be about 75 - 90 minutes), I will cook a steak dinner and clean the grill and the game should be done installing by then. Then I'm kicking back and playing the game for the rest of the night and into the next day. Everyone knows I'm off limits that Friday.

I took the next week off too. This will be the first time I will be basing a vacation around a video game lol

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
I know that most of us will be playing the game, but will you be doing anything else in addition to that? Do any of you have friends or family that likes FFVII too? Will they be watching/playing the game with you?

I was thinking about inviting my friend over and ordering pizza. I'll maybe even try to make some Final Fantasy themed food if I can brainstorm any good ideas. But I mostly want to relax with a bunch of blankets and comfy seating while playing the game with my friend. We can geek out together. :)

It's over Easter. 4 solid days of gaming. My family have already been informed that I will resist all attempts to arrange any responsibility for me within those days.
The sofa will be pushed forward towards the TV. I will be buying a PS4 just for this game. And I'll be pre ordering and pre making food so I don't have to waste precious minutes making food.
If only I could find a way of turning the sofa into a toilet.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
I got my holiday for April and hopefully I'll have my room sorted out by then so that I can play uninterrupted non-stop. In my breaks I'll most likely be here, reading everything everyone has to say about their play through so far and possibly spoiling myself on things I haven't done yet because I have no self-control.

Top Bottom