Remake Merchandise

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
If you're wanting all 8 figures, just buy one of the sets already on ebay, however that's going to be way more expensive since Crossdress Cloud is around 100 bucks on its own.

If you only want the base 7, then just get the much cheaper box. You'll get the 7, and you'll either get the secret 8th, or a dupe you can sell or trade. But if you're that worried and don't believe me? Just buy em individually. :monster:

But in all my experience in getting boxes like these, I've gotten the main set.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
If you want all 7 then I would suggest getting the box.

Because getting the box, it is going to be far, far, less expensive than trying to buy all 7 figures individually. They come out at around $9 a pop if you buy a box. I guarantee the individual figures won't be that cheap on the secondary-market. So if it's a set of figures you want, it's always better to get the box, than wait and try to buy individually. Sometimes even if you only want 1 or 2, it's cheaper to get the box.

Best example is the Dissidia Trading Arts and FF Tactics Trading Arts. Those individual figures are some of the most expensive individual figures now.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
So it seems safe to say that these polygon figures will sell well, since we're all slaves to nostalgia. I wonder if they would do a second wave. Assuming they stick to the Midgar cast, they already blew their load on main characters. Could be a chance fo the secondary cast to get some merch. If I were to pick the characters for a second wave, it'd be Biggs, Wedge, Jessie, Scarlet, Heidegger, Hojo, Rude, and the chase figure would be Rufus since he's the most desirable.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Part of me thinks they won't wait that long when there's profits to be had (and you know why I want them to do a second midgar themed one) but you're probably right. I hope Sailor Barret is the secret one for part 2, or maybe even Red XIII in disguise as a grunt.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well, S-E has a weird schedule of releasing stuff. So maybe they will. But I definitely see them doing one for the next Part. If they do another set for Midgar, I definitely see Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie being included. Then that would mean Rude would be included along with Rufus, Don Corneo, and.... Hmm, I dunno.

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Biggs, Wedge, Jessie, Pres. Shinra, Rufus, Rude, Tseng and Corneo? I'd be happy with those 8. Have either Tseng or Pres. Shinra as the chase figure.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I feel like Tseng should be saved until part 2 so he can be paired with Elena. But otherwise that's my ideal list I think. Maybe insert Hojo for Tseng.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
More importantly, it's actually cool shit and not oddly conceived stuff like expensive cologne, overpriced candles, and The Rufus Cup.

Speaking of that old thread, it looks like the remake has finally fulfilled one young man's wish:
Give me a CG render of Cloud dressed like a woman. I'm not kidding. Deliver this to me in any form, whether it be a poster, bed sheets, plastic bags, coffee cups, whatever! I DEMAND A CG RENDER OF THIS!

A year from now my apartment is going to look very creepy with Lady-Cloud plastered on every wall and furniture. :awesome:
I still want that Rufus cup, just for the sheer audacity of it. I wonder if Cloud's menu portrait would change during the cross dressing segment, meaning a full render of him in his "Miss Cloud" get up might exist.
If his portrait doesn't change, that adds to the list of necessary FFVIIR mods.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
So, is the First Class version of the Remake worth it? I'm only going to turn around and sell it in time. For me, I think it would be a waste of money, though I feel a pull to get it...

Top Bottom