Perseverance (Jessie/Clessie Club)

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Yeah, definitely, Jessie! No rush, do what you have to do. We'll be here, so don't worry.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share a few screens from my updated (but still very much WIP) mod for FF7PC:
T7pH6EI.png

50nZddk.png

rmMZR9J.png

uVeBu5b.png

chewbaka

Just hold on tight, okay?
hi guys it's chewbaka/iju (if you even remember me) but when i logged in i was lvl 1 so whoops

i'll read everything from page one before i reply for real but i just wanted to share a phone wallpaper version of the art jairus made i had done.
YIqGVbP2_o.jpg

chewbaka

okay i'm back for real talking but i would like to touch on some things that were said. for one thing i LOVE the first fanart that was posted, her hair is so beautiful in there. and next, i don't really see any hate/hostility to clessie, honestly! but i'm not exploring and talking with more people due to my fear of spoilers, so that could be it.

i have seen some people not liking jessie herself, which is fair because not everyone's gonna like the same person. but the most complaints i've seen is on her breastplate. they're not the majority thank goodness but i still do see more of the comments complaining that it's too pointy or it's "unrealistic" (it's a fantasy game....) and is even referring to as "titty armor" which i find offensive, but i'm not going to run around and complain about it to all the people who said it. of course i'm not trying to shut people's opinions down, but as there was a discussion about it, that's what i'm saying about it.

also, jairus must know this by now but i'll tell everyone else here that all the new jessie gifs that were posted on page 12 are my own ? i had realized that there were only 2 gifs of her so took it upon myself to add more to library. and speaking of gifs, @Mr. Ite i can help you out, definitely. gifs have been a passion mine for quite a while so i'd be so happy to help you out on anything!

lastly, i'd love to talk about jessie/clessie but as a forwarnding i have to say that i haven't seen anything else about the game ever since the fem cloud reveal trailer. i feel that S/E is showing way too much so i've decided not to see anything official or not until the release date. but with that out the way i hope to have a great time here ?

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I just realized that Jessie's eyes actually look smaller than Cloud's. That's like super rare as far as male vs female anime characters go (not an anime but close enough). She's also darker than him - again, rare.

Jairus

I never noticed that before, Ry. Good catch! Makes a nice contrast between them.

Oh, and something I just realized today (and already shared with chewy/lju on Twitter) is that the two times Cloud shows the most emotion in the entire demo - when the ceiling starts collapsing during the escape and then later when he does his smile - both involve Jessie (his fear and concern when she gets trapped and his bashfulness at her compliment). She gets more emotion and reaction out of him in the entire demo than everyone else combined. I think she's the only one he actually initiates conversations with, too.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
@Iju Welcome to the club, friend! I think I might have seen you on tumblr before. Dunno if you're referring to the pic in the first post when you mentioned fan art, but if that's the one you're talking about, I drew that. Thanks for the compliment! (Unless you meant a different picture lol)

I know some people have issue with the breast plate, there's even one person on tumblr who draws her that specifically redesigned her to not have it, but like who cares? It's a little impractical, but hardly the most sexualized outfit in an FF game. Not even 7 specifically. I think she stands out because she's the most covered female main character out of them, and she's the only one who wears pants!

@Ryvius I noticed that about her eyes too, it's interesting. Maybe it's because she wasn't designed by Nomura? I like it, anyway, it's unusual for a girl to have smaller eyes than a boy in stuff like this. Could perhaps chalk Cloud's pale complexion up to his recent liberation from an underground lab.

Last edited:

Jairus

Ody, how do you do the @name thing? I haven't figured that out yet. And yeah, I've always liked Jessie's outfit, it makes her unique. Though I wouldn't mind if we got to see her in something different at some point during the remake - maybe something a little more feminine and revealing, to show her softer side.

Oh, and it's kinda funny that almost all of us here have Jessie as our avatar. Great minds think alike! :mon:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
We're all obsessed weirdos lol. Should change the thread name to "the cult of Jessie." To do that thing, just type @ and then the user name. It's automatic.

Jairus

Did I? I don't remember. Sorry if I did, though. But anyway, here's a rather amusing gif with Jessie and Cloud:

tenor.gif

And Cloud does not seem to mind her being on him at all... :mon:

Last edited:

chewbaka

^i also did that gif ? i think it's rather hot for reasons unknown to me ?? but there's another clessie fan on twitter that wondered why i didn't put it in the library on tenor so i did.
and as i said before, if cloud wanted her to be off, she'd be off. he has no problems telling people to screw off when he wants to, and she wouldn't be berating to ignore him and try to get on anyways. that's also what i like about jessie as well. as flirty as she is, she still respects his space as a person. for example, cloud was very open to tell her about his relationship with tifa but was interrupted. jessie could have easily asked him again throughout the bombing but no, she just keeps on going without pushing. now of course she could very well ask again after the bombing, but these are my thoughts on her atm.

oh yeah, and speaking of her not being too pushing, i have seen some other opinions on jessie and a few of them said they like her flirtiness because she also isn't very physical and/or touchy, almost as if she knows her boundaries. that gif/scene is the only time we see her touch him, and he didn't look like he minds at all ;)
this is also interesting because as a comparison, when the first time we see aerith and tifa together is when they both grab onto his arms and he looks rather unhappy with the predicament. i'm not trying to make aerith and tifa look bad to quickly clarify, as all three girls are clearly love interests. i was just noting the difference.

regarding when you said she's the only one in the beginning of the game he initiates conversations to, i'd also like to add that she's the only one that gets his full on attention (and i'm not just talking about the eye contact that i noted on in the analysis). he turns his body to her talking about tifa for example, and my favorite moment so far is their look in the elevator. it's not so much the eye contact but the fact that he feels comfortable enough to initiate some sort of silent connection with her so early on. i love their little moment there ❤️❤️

regarding the breastplate odysseus, it could be a little or even a lot impractical, but so is cloud's shoulder armor (i'm very sure that could help him in intense battles ?). they're simply just added for aesthetic reasons. and you're right, jessie is actually almost completely fully clothed (except for like her calves perhaps? XD) yet she's still hot as hell, that's because of her beautiful face no doubt but also her great and appealing personality.

I noticed that about her eyes too, it's interesting. Maybe it's because she wasn't designed by Nomura? I like it, anyway, it's unusual for a girl to have smaller eyes than a boy in stuff like this. Could perhaps chalk Cloud's pale complexion up to his recent liberation from an underground lab.
no, actually, and i'm surprised this wasn't brought up already!
https://www.reddit.com/r/FinalFantasy/comments/bolgv8
apparently he also designed madam m ?

chewbaka

also i have more of my own art to share (and yes odysseus, i am from tumblr)!
scO2l5pr_o.png

XCYbNcQd_o.gif

both of these took me around 3 days to do but the gif was particularly hard ;-;

Jairus

Yeah, I like those moments between them, too. Though I've heard some say that Cloud's just channeling some of Zack's ladies' man persona and that it doesn't really mean anything. But I'm not so sure that's true.

And those are nice art pieces, chewie! I've seen the gif before, and I can tell with all the different layers it must've been a bit of work to make. Nice job! At first I thought you'd read the leaks and that was why you had given her a last name, but then I saw later that it was just a headcanon of yours. Nice choice, though. I wonder if she'll get one in the remake? I gave her one in my prequel story - well, two actually, since in it she takes on a stage name after she leaves Shinra and starts acting, both as a way to cut some of the ties to her past as well as to help conceal her identity to make it harder for her father (Heidegger) to find her. Jessie Jae, inspired by the name of her counterpart from FFXIV. I just took out the Y to add a little flair to it, lol. Haven't actually written that far in the story yet, but I'm getting there.

chewbaka

oof i posted that on mobile but now i see on PC it's way too huge, i understand why photos are put in spoilers now haha. strange there's not edit option for posts though, could have sworn that was the case last time i was here.

Yeah, I like those moments between them, too. Though I've heard some say that Cloud's just channeling some of Zack's ladies' man persona and that it doesn't really mean anything. But I'm not so sure that's true.
cloud is channeling zack of course, and i'm not fool enough to think that OG cloud is just going to burst through if he hangs around jessie enough. but it's clear she is taking down some walls/persona of his.

And those are nice art pieces, chewie! I've seen the gif before, and I can tell with all the different layers it must've been a bit of work to make. Nice job! At first I thought you'd read the leaks and that was why you had given her a last name, but then I saw later that it was just a headcanon of yours. Nice choice, though. I wonder if she'll get one in the remake?
there wasn't a single tutuorial on the gif that i wanted to do, so i spent hours messing around in photoshop to see what i could do. when i figured it out it was so simple i could have kicked myself but whatever, it's done now.

Omg i know your tumblr xD
hello! lol
----
also here's my analysis of jessie as a love interest for anyone else who's interested.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l4wDfNr8nRhUJsuzs6MS45eOhDA8JlltfmP6RClF01Q/edit?usp=sharing

Top Bottom