• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Remake Delivery Delay Notice from Square (AKA Shipping Woes)

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I got an email from EB Games to place a new order. I made the grave error of rushing through the process and didn't choose expedited shipping. I cant change it now.

The order is "confirmed," but their website says it may take 5 business days to process/ship, then another 10 business days to delivery.

I guess I'll see you guys in 2 weeks :(

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I guess I might be able to find a PS4 (standard or Pro... as it sorta seems like the Pro isn't making a HUGE difference in how the game looks) on or before Sunday! Yeah I know I said I'd likely wait it out for the PS5..... but...... it's becoming increasingly difficult to avoid the major spoilers.

u51w08s.png

Last edited:

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
I seriously hope none of you preordered from Best Buy, because, after what I experienced last year with Mortal Kombat 11 and the Shao Kahn DLC, I checked the Gaming Support forums on Best Buy's website just to see if anything has changed as far as emailing preorder bonus DLC codes in a timely fashion, and sadly, customers STILL aren't getting their codes, and some of them are even demanding $10 gift cards as compensation. In some cases, customers are reporting dents in their steel steelbook cases, which obviously discourages me from preordering from there in the future.

Clean Cut Chaos

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Cub Chaos
I got an email from EB Games to place a new order. I made the grave error of rushing through the process and didn't choose expedited shipping. I cant change it now.

The order is "confirmed," but their website says it may take 5 business days to process/ship, then another 10 business days to delivery.

I guess I'll see you guys in 2 weeks :(
I feel like I see that a lot, and then it's on my doorstep 3-4 days later. Maybe different up in Canada though. Do they deliver by moose, or do you get cars up your way?

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I feel like I see that a lot, and then it's on my doorstep 3-4 days later. Maybe different up in Canada though. Do they deliver by moose, or do you get cars up your way?

I feel like the shipping times have definitely improved over the past few years? I think it kind of just depends. When I worked at a call center a few years ago, the company didn't really operate in Canada because delivery costs ran so high, especially in remote areas.

We were still using moose couriers back then too, so everything would arrive broken. That immediately stopped once the government began the switch over to loons.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
This is/isn't FF7R related but I wanted to share this:

I thought I had a good deal on a PS4 Pro for $200.... But the guy wants me to send money via PayPal and send it as "friends/family" instead of "payment for goods/services"... which if you aren't familiar with the difference, basically Paypal does not reimburse payments sent using PayPal’s friends and family functionality. I even said I'd pay whatever fees were deducted (which is what happens to sellers, so they usually increase the total cost to cover those) from the total, but all I got was "I'm highly trusted!" (which maybe I'd believe if the OfferUp account I found this listed on wasn't just made this month and had some stars/feedback/etc). So I ain't doing that.

Last edited:

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
This is/isn't FF7R related but I wanted to share this:

I thought I had a good deal on a PS4 Pro for $200.... But the guy wants me to send money via PayPal and send it as "friends/family" instead of "payment for goods/services"... which if you aren't familiar with the difference, basically Paypal does not reimburse payments sent using PayPal’s friends and family functionality. I even said I'd pay whatever fees were deducted (which is what happens to sellers, so they usually increase the total cost to cover those) from the total, but all I got was "I'm highly trusted!" (which maybe I'd believe if the OfferUp account I found this listed on wasn't just made this month and had some stars/feedback/etc). So I ain't doing that.
Half off the street price + "friends/family" option on PayPal = scam. Call the cops on that dude ASAP.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Half off the street price + "friends/family" option on PayPal = scam. Call the cops on that dude ASAP.
Yeah what was funny is that he kept trying to push that he was to be trusted. He sent a pic of him and his wife, and even his driver's ID..... and I'm like "I appreciate the pics, but you still won't do payment that isn't friends/family and that's my issue." I don't get why he kept sending pics as "proof"... like dude you could send me your birth certificate and I still wouldn't send you any money "friends/family".

As for calling the cops on him, the PS4 isn't listed anymore, so I guess he "sold" it to someone. But I also don't want to bug the cops over this since the NYPD is taxed with things enough as-is, if that makes any sense. Though here's his profile (so you know who to look out for, if he lists anything else) for anyone who uses OfferUp and is in/around NYC: https://offerup.com/p/72137094/

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I would report him to the app either way. That's super fishy.
I did. Only problem is that there weren't messages sent via the OfferUp app/site, only via text.... so I'm not sure what the outcome will be.

Anyway, I said "^%$#!" it and ordered a brand new PS4 Pro via Target since I have a Target Red Card and could get at least $20 off of the $399 price. Free shipping, but NYC sales tax always sucks away any discount as it's quite high ($33 for this order). ETA is the 22nd, but hope it'll arrive sooner (I could've gone to pick it up.... but I'd rather wait longer than possibly be infected while at Target :mon:). I'll just resell it after I complete FF7R, should be able to recoup most of the money spent on it.... I hope.

Last edited:
Top Bottom