• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

What games are you currently playing?

Relaya

Rookie Adventurer
Are you a fan of the Science Adventure series (the animes at least)? I've been obsessed with Steins;Gate and related content for years. Semi-recently played S;G LPB for the first time. I've actually never played C;H, but I've had it downloaded and ready to go. I'm also interested in the Robotics;Notes VN and its sequel, since I thought the anime was fairly enjoyable.

I really like Steins;Gate (anime) but that and Chaos;Child are the only entries I've experienced in the Science Adventure series so far. I know I should have played Chaos;Head first but what can I say? I'm a rebel mess when it comes to playing games in order. Steins;Gate is next on my list for VN games as it's supposedly one of the best that the genre has to offer unless you care to recommend another title?

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I really like Steins;Gate (anime) but that and Chaos;Child are the only entries I've experienced in the Science Adventure series so far. I know I should have played Chaos;Head first but what can I say? I'm a rebel mess when it comes to playing games in order. Steins;Gate is next on my list for VN games as it's supposedly one of the best that the genre has to offer unless you care to recommend another title?

I've not played many VNs either. The only one outside of the S;G series I've played was VA-11 HALL-A, which I thought was really good.

What I love about Steins;Gate is that it's just a gift that keeps on giving. There is always more to think about, more theories to be had, a new Easter egg to spot. It's just so beautifully complex (and inspiring). I love to play with the theory that the Gamma attractor field was the original one (Gamma was featured in a drama CD) even though it's probably not canon. If you bury yourself in the logic of S;G, you begin to realize how much has technically happened off screen, and it's crazy. Also, if you're interested, there are a couple short mangas as well.

I haven't watched C;H because everyone always says it's a waste of time, so I'd like to skip straight to the VN. I felt like the R;N anime had a great set up but then sort of botched the ending (kinda feel the same about S;G0 - this studio seems to have a hard time wrapping things up properly), so I'd like to see how the VN handled it. R;N and its sequel also take place in the Steins;Gate worldline, so they are technically sequels.

Relaya

Rookie Adventurer
I've not played many VNs either. The only one outside of the S;G series I've played was VA-11 HALL-A, which I thought was really good.

What I love about Steins;Gate is that it's just a gift that keeps on giving. There is always more to think about, more theories to be had, a new Easter egg to spot. It's just so beautifully complex (and inspiring). I love to play with the theory that the Gamma attractor field was the original one (Gamma was featured in a drama CD) even though it's probably not canon. If you bury yourself in the logic of S;G, you begin to realize how much has technically happened off screen, and it's crazy. Also, if you're interested, there are a couple short mangas as well.

I haven't watched C;H because everyone always says it's a waste of time, so I'd like to skip straight to the VN. I felt like the R;N anime had a great set up but then sort of botched the ending (kinda feel the same about S;G0 - this studio seems to have a hard time wrapping things up properly), so I'd like to see how the VN handled it. R;N and its sequel also take place in the Steins;Gate worldline, so they are technically sequels.

As good as Steins;Gate or not? The only other VN that I've played is √Letter: Last Answer which I didn't think was as good as C;C personally.

It's been a long time since I watched the anime. Sounds like either a re-watch and/or a playthrough of the game is definitely in order. Thank you for your inspiration. I enjoy manga but I'm a traditionalist when it comes to reading. Need to have that actual book in my hands.

I'm sure C;H would set up the story for C;C wonderfully as well as, you know, introduce you to the game's features in the way that you're supposed to be which I definitely missed out on. It'll be a different experience if you're already well versed though.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
As good as Steins;Gate or not? The only other VN that I've played is √Letter: Last Answer which I didn't think was as good as C;C personally.

It's been a long time since I watched the anime. Sounds like either a re-watch and/or a playthrough of the game is definitely in order. Thank you for your inspiration. I enjoy manga but I'm a traditionalist when it comes to reading. Need to have that actual book in my hands.

I'm sure C;H would set up the story for C;C wonderfully as well as, you know, introduce you to the game's features in the way that you're supposed to be which I definitely missed out on. It'll be a different experience if you're already well versed though.

I wouldn't say it's as good as S;G, no. As a story, S;G is all but unbeatable to me. But VA-11 HALL-A is fun, unique, and raw, so I still strongly recommend. I'm looking forward to the spin-off.

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
As of now, I'm playing F-Zero GX. It's so much fun, and incredibly fast! Sadly, I can't play it too long or else it gives me a headache. I wish Nintendo would make another F-Zero game.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Silent Hill 2. Great game. Gave up for months after I couldn't find the last combination of the most well guarded hairs in gaming,but now I've reached the hotel.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
I'd want to.say a game of charades with my beau. But other than that, I'm playing Fate/Grand Order and I am in gacha hell.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm slow with the remake (someone else is already playing it atm), so meanwhile I've been playing Persona 5 (better late than never!); very enjoyable, if a bit cringy. I got The Division 2 as well for PC, it was on sale and I did enjoy the first one. I dunno if I'll get to the endgame of that one though, that'll require paying for the DLC (because I doubt many people are playing the 'old' content atm, although it was on sale + had a free weekend the other day) and it was a bit too hardcore for me the first time around. Mind you I had it for PS4 at the time, while it may be better as a PC game.

Sephira

That Silver-haired Lady
AKA
Sephiravania
I've been playing

- Final Fantasy VII Remake - I already beat it for the first time and started a second playthrough to find things I missed and pay attention to details
- Resident Evil 3 Remake - I already got my Platinum Trophy, but I want to beat my own records
- Final Fantasy VII - I'm playing the OG on my PSP, it's never enough FFVII!

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I tried Dragon's Dogma right after platinuming Remake, and the difference in polish and characterization was just to great. I love Itsuno's other games though, so I'll give it another go down the road.

So now I'm playing Burnout Paradise Remastered. It sure is a video game.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I’m playing through Crisis Core now, hence the inspiration for my signature. I’m on the final boss, but work has kept me from beating it entirely. (Zack’s character is so damn good, as is Cloud’s)

After that, I plan on playing Majora’s Mask. I’ve never actually completed a full proper playthrough of MM, so I’m looking forward to that. Its world is so enigmatic and character driven in a way few games are.

I tried Dragon's Dogma right after platinuming Remake, and the difference in polish and characterization was just to great. I love Itsuno's other games though, so I'll give it another go down the road.

So now I'm playing Burnout Paradise Remastered. It sure is a video game.
Dragon’s Dogma is one of my favorite games, though I would say the strengths are not found in the story, polish or characterization by any means. Its party collaboration-based combat, explorable open world (honestly, its small size makes it manageable to not fast travel - games that have too much reliance on fast travel defeat the point of an open world, IMO...), and unique combat physics / movesets make it appealing to me.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Dragon's Dogma is so fucking deliciously good that even it's misgivings and lack of polish in certain aspects are charming.

I've poured 200 hours minimum, it's that kind of adventure. The story begins as a basic tale only to blow your mind later on, and the gameplay is another story in itself, massive!

Eagerly anticipating a sequel.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Dragon’s Dogma is one of my favorite games, though I would say the strengths are not found in the story, polish or characterization by any means. Its party collaboration-based combat, explorable open world (honestly, its small size makes it manageable to not fast travel - games that have too much reliance on fast travel defeat the point of an open world, IMO...), and unique combat physics / movesets make it appealing to me.
Yeah, I'm decently confident I'll love it when I go back to it as I usually care way more about gameplay than story. I think playing right after Remake just did the game a disservice to me, so I'm hoping a palate cleanser of street racing will help me approach it with a more open mind.

That said, I'm pretty sure I'll always hate the art style :monster:

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Dragon's Dogma is so fucking deliciously good that even it's misgivings and lack of polish in certain aspects are charming.

I've poured 200 hours minimum, it's that kind of adventure. The story begins as a basic tale only to blow your mind later on, and the gameplay is another story in itself, massive!

Eagerly anticipating a sequel.
I’ve been at the end for literal years, putting off beating it ‘cause I don’t want it to end, lol. (Though I still have the Dark Arisen content to get to - I just bought that this year) The gameplay is leagues above the gameplay in other games of its genre - I could write an essay on the little things that make it good. Fun fact: Dragon’s Dogma’s GDD was actually originally written in around 2000 or so. Good taste, Wol!

Yeah, I'm decently confident I'll love it when I go back to it as I usually care way more about gameplay than story. I think playing right after Remake just did the game a disservice to me, so I'm hoping a palate cleanser of street racing will help me approach it with a more open mind.

That said, I'm pretty sure I'll always hate the art style :monster:
Very understandable! The game has PS2 graphics that are masquerading as PS3 graphics. That’s one of my main hopes for what a sequel would fix.

Have fun with street racing until then, can’t go wrong with some arcade-y racing.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I’ve been at the end for literal years, putting off beating it ‘cause I don’t want it to end, lol. (Though I still have the Dark Arisen content to get to - I just bought that this year) The gameplay is leagues above the gameplay in other games of its genre - I could write an essay on the little things that make it good. Fun fact: Dragon’s Dogma’s GDD was actually originally written in around 2000 or so. Good taste, Wol!

Very understandable! The game has PS2 graphics that are masquerading as PS3 graphics. That’s one of my main hopes for what a sequel would fix.

Have fun with street racing until then, can’t go wrong with some arcade-y racing.
Oh man, you are in for some dark shit in the DLC, fantastic dungeon and world-building, also they've put the best OSTs in there.

The gameplay is potentially massive, still not sure which class is my favorite because all of them can do some crazy shit later on. Also plenty of missable and optional paths, the replayability is insane.

Xinda

Memento Mori
Final Fantasy IX. For the first time ever. Not even halfway through the game, and I've already cried and got teary eyed multiple times ;;
That's my favorite game of all time

(As a lurker, it took me almost 5 minutes to get the quote-thing to be understood... Oops)

So, I did finish FFIX, and I can COMPLETELY see what it's your favourite game!

Sad RL Note:
In the midst of my playing it, one of my cats - my 9 year old - passed away very suddenly. There I was playing, took a break, and found her. Thus, I put the game for a while and now, unfortunately, I do have that association with it. However...

The game was REALLY fun over all. I did, sadly (as I'm not fond of having to use them and have 0 problem with others using them) use a walkthrough, but boy did I need it.

More thoughts behind cut for space:
The characters of IX are SO GOOD. There's so much interesting interactions, and of course twists. Especially for someone, like me, who somehow failed to read the description on the game and missed some obvious facts/clues.

I WAS spoiled on one thing (regarding Kuja) before playing (years upon years ago, that somehow stuck in my mind), but found out more than I knew! So that was nice.

Visually (I played the port, not the "cleaned up" version) I thought it was so beautiful to look at. Sure, there were some bumps in the road, and the differences between the CGI and gameplay (save for one scene, towards the end...), but it still looked so good.

While I think it COULD stand alone, as is, I wouldn't MIND a remake. Simply to flesh out certain interactions between characters that I think needed it more. Understandably, the game had limits, but I'd like to see everything evolve/fleshed out a bit, too.

Ahh, right, the music was also really good!
-----

Most recently, about 2 weeks ago?, I finished FF7R thanks to my S.O. who so kindly bought it for me. And THAT was an experience...

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
I'm playing Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ MUSIC. It's a fun rhythm game and you can see the character's reaction to how well/poorly you're playing. I keep messing up Masato's song, so his face looks like this:
latest

Xinda

Memento Mori
Excuse me while I fangirl over the fact that someone else plays UtaPri♫. Unfortunately, since I don't speak Japanese, I've only been dabbling in Shining Live. So. I had no idea they reacted to how you played. Poor Masato. That's hilarious while in the same breath, to you, "I'm sorry."

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
Yay, I'm so happy that someone else likes UtaPri too! :D If you ever want to jump into the games (and own a PSP), then MUSIC is very beginner friendly for a rhythm game. You don't even have to know Japanese to play through it. ^^

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Trails of Mana Remake - NG+/Hard mode run. At around 48hrs~ (clock carries over from first run), just
liberated Laurent
New party is Reisz (Valkyrie), Hawkeye (Ninja), and Kevin (Monk) at L21, I haven't been using any of the NG+ EXP modifiers yet. I was missing my old Angela/Duran/Carlie party until I got the first class change for this one and things started to get more interesting. I decided to start using some of the more OP chain skills and also that third class change for my new team will be based on the first three class change items that ??? seeds give.

Top Bottom