• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

[Rankings] 7 Best Moments From [Insert Character] In VII Remake

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
I know that this backs up your point, but I do like Jessie quite a bit even if I didn't vote for her nominated moments. But there's a caveat.

She's the most developed out of the AVALANCHE crew. If Jessie's moments during the visit to her parents' house were nominated, I would've put those at the top of my "other" list, because that was the strongest scene any secondary character got.
Then why didn't you nominate them? And you can still change your votes.

Pand, they could show they like her by picking her moments. As I said, simply saying it but not doing anything about it doesn't prove anything or back up what you're saying. And if they did like her, they would've nominated her moments in the first place, or more of them.

Ody, it doesn't seem like changing my attitude would make a difference in this anyway, so why bother? Unless I can be shown that it would and that it would change things here, there's no point.

What would be the exact, step-by-step harm in extending the nomination period by one week while retaining the current ranking results? I don't see it. You really think people can think of everything they want to in just one week? More time means a greater variety of moments as well.

Or do this - include all nominated Other moments in the Other video, not just those ranked. The main character videos aren't limited to 7 moments, so why should the Other video be so hampered? It's just another way the NPC's have been disadvantaged. If you're not trying to disadvantage them, prove it by including all nominated moments in the video. Otherwise, you are.

Last edited:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Pand, they could show they like her by picking her moments. As I said, simply saying it but not doing anything about it doesn't prove anything or back up what you're saying. And if they did like her, they would've nominated her moments in the first place, or more of them.

They could have. But maybe their favorite moments were of other people. I like her way more than Wedge, but his moments to choose from were better than Jessie's were. If her death would've been a choice, that would've definitely replaced a few of the choices.

It is what it is though

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Dude, neither Claymore nor anybody else has to “prove” anything to you. Claymore decided on the format of the ranking/voting in this thread, and that’s that. Just because people had other favorite moments that they voted for doesn’t indicate a dislike of the non-voted for moments, it just means the other ones stood out more/had more mass appeal.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Listen, its a systemic thing here. There's no one thing you did that has tainted the water here, it was months and months of belligerent arguing over her. At some point you need to step back and see that nobody ever really takes your side on this, not because they don't like Jessie, but because your attitude has been so off-putting and uncompromising. Nobody wants to talk about her anymore because if they do there's a solid chance you're going to come running in and take control of the discussion so you can tell everyone what to think. That was Ry's issue earlier, Jessie is such a sore subject around here now that nobody wants to deal with it, it has nothing to do with the character at all. Even right now you're trying to usurp control of Claymore's video so it suits your needs, rather than just abiding by the criteria that have been established. It's tiring to deal with, and while I've tried to keep out of it, good will has its limits.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Then why didn't you nominate them? And you can still change your votes.
OK, yeah, but I didn’t nominate anything for anybody! I missed the window to, though I had a draft I meant to post after doing another playthrough for best moment research. (Didn’t end up getting to it in time for voting)

Reactions: LNK

Jairus

They could have. But maybe their favorite moments were of other people. I like her way more than Wedge, but his moments to choose from were better than Jessie's were. If her death would've been a choice, that would've definitely replaced a few of the choices.

It is what it is though
Then why didn't you nominate her death, for instance? And saying Wedge's available moments were better is a subjective thing, not definitive.

Dude, neither Claymore nor anybody else has to “prove” anything to you. Claymore decided on the format of the ranking/voting in this thread, and that’s that. Just because people had other favorite moments that they voted for doesn’t indicate a dislike of the non-voted for moments, it just means the other ones stood out more/had more mass appeal.
If they didn't dislike them, they'd have nominated them/voted for them and given them some kind of attention. And what you think has appeal isn't necessarily the same as what someone else thinks.

Listen, its a systemic thing here. There's no one thing you did that has tainted the water here, it was months and months of belligerent arguing over her. At some point you need to step back and see that nobody ever really takes your side on this, not because they don't like Jessie, but because your attitude has been so off-putting and uncompromising. Nobody wants to talk about her anymore because if they do there's a solid chance you're going to come running in and take control of the discussion so you can tell everyone what to think. That was Ry's issue earlier, Jessie is such a sore subject around here now that nobody wants to deal with it, it has nothing to do with the character at all. Even right now you're trying to usurp control of Claymore's video so it suits your needs, rather than just abiding by the criteria that have been established. It's tiring to deal with, and while I've tried to keep out of it, good will has its limits.
I wouldn't feel the need to bring her up and talk about her if it didn't feel like I was almost the only one around here who ever did. And if people would be more willing to listen and work with me, I wouldn't have the attitude I do sometimes. Why should I bend when no one else will? And Claymore did say we could try to convince each other to change our votes.

It was a joke.
You didn't make that clear. And I don't appreciate being made fun of.

I think that the things that have happened here in regards to her gave some people an inherent bias against her in this, so she was disadvantaged coming into this thing to begin with. I'm asking that that be taken into account and that you adjust your votes to compensate and make up for that. And another reason to extend the nomination period is to give those like Prism, who missed the original one, a chance to submit their own nominations.

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
If they didn't dislike them, they'd have nominated them/voted for them and given them some kind of attention. And what you think has appeal isn't necessarily the same as what someone else thinks.
Liking characters/moments isn't a zero-sum game. Just because people like other things more doesn't equal the dislike of something not nominated/voted for. For example, mangoes are my favorite fruit, that doesn't mean I dislike apples.

And I agree individual appeal is subjective, that's why I said "mass appeal" since I was describing the results of what had been nominated/has been voted on so far.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
And we have now entered the final stretch of the rankings phase! Don't forget, you have until 16:30 GMT tomorrow to submit your rankings and support your favourite character moments.

With the latest submissions, we have seen some shifting in the Others category!

(35) Rufus - every scene he is in
(35) Wedge - When he confronts the guards to let people evacuate

(28) Johnny - the sauce!
(27) Red XIII - Making fun of Barret
(26) Red XIII - trying to smile

(25) Biggs - his death scene
NEW TOP 7 ENTRY (25) Marlene - Seventh Heaven rescue via Aerith

It's becoming a fierce battle with Rufus and Wedge fighting it out for the coveted top spot moment, but everything is in flux, with only a single point separating all the other moments!

We also have a new entry into the Top 7 with Marlene's Seventh Heaven rescue!

Just missing out on the Top 7 rankings are:

(21) Hojo - psychologically torturing Aerith with descriptions of her mother's dissection
(20) Jessie: The motorcycle "kiss" scene
(18) Roche - second duel "push it past the redline"

Jairus

You didn't answer me, Claymore. Or address my suggestion. I don't appreciate being ignored. And if Jessie's death scene was nominated like Pand said, why wasn't it included in the ratings list? All nominated moments should have been included.

You also didn't answer my question about why Other is limited to 7 when the mains don't have that limitation. That is bias. Other should be treated exactly the same. If Cloud and the rest get 10, Other should get 10. Whatever they get, Other should get.

And my point about some people being inherently biased against her in this because of things that have happened here stands since no one's addressed it. I just want her to be liked enough to get a spot in this. Please change your votes.

What harm would it do for enough of you to change your votes to get her in?

Last edited:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
You didn't answer me, Claymore. Or address my suggestion. I don't appreciate being ignored. And if Jessie's death scene was nominated like Pand said, why wasn't it included in the ratings list? All nominated moments should have been included.

Barret: ch. 13 in sector 7 when he was calling out for the trio and Marlene

Tifa: When she comes back to save Cloud from falling off the top floor of Shinra HQ

Aerith: When she was talking talking with Marlene

Cloud: When he tail whips the Shinra grunts with the motorcycle

Red: the highway chase and he makes fun of Barret

Sephiroth: Killing Pres Shinra

The Trio: When they die!!!!!! haha jk

I guess I can see why Clay didn't include my vote for the Trio's death. I put JK, and I wasn't specific. That was my mistake.

What harm would it do for enough of you to change your votes to get her in?

I think people should only change their votes, if they actually like her moments (the kiss and hugging Cloud) better then other moments that were available to choose from.

If they don't, what would be the point of changing their vote?

Jairus

To show they're willing to bend sometimes. And because we were told we could try to get each other change our votes. And because she shouldn't be left out when another Other character is taking up multiple spots (Red).

Instead of making it a competition and vote, all nominated moments should be included in the videos. That would better show that no moment is better than another and would be more fair.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
93VZ.gif

Jairus

I do care about it, Ry. I know when it's about the argument and when it's not.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
To show they're willing to bend sometimes. And because we were told we could try to get each other change our votes. And because she shouldn't be left out when another Other character is taking up multiple spots (Red).

I don't think people should change just to get her in though. That would be dishonest. In this category, Marlene and Aerith's moment was my favorite. Prior to me voting for it, it was out of contention. I wouldn't want people to vote for it just get her in.

Instead of making it a competition and vote, all nominated moments should be included in the videos. That would better show that no moment is better than another and would be more fair.

You can make the case for that, but that's not how Clay is doing it. Shouldn't we be respectful of the guidelines? To me, this doesn't really seem like a good hill to die on

Top Bottom