• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Mandalorian: Star Wars Live Action Series

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
1584807574947.png

1584807631273.png

Word on the e-weebz is that Ahsoka is a guest character, and not a recurring role. So maybe Gina has wrapped filming but not the rest of the cast?

And I didn't touch on the allegations because of the whole twitter witch hunt thing that was mentioned before. I hope it isn't true. But if it is true, I wouldn't be opposed to recasting, as much as I love Rosario at this point in time.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
It's understandable, but it also isn't measured and judicious. Folks can be open to a possibility without instantly deciding that someone is guilty of bigotry-fueled violence or that someone else is guilty of lying about being a victim of bigotry-fueled violence.
It may not be “measured and judicious” but that ability isn’t necessarily a privilege many trans (and other marginalized groups) get to have for their own safety; especially since statistically victims of gendered violence are far more likely to be telling the truth than not, it’s a reasonable reaction for tans fans to have a negative reaction to the accusation information. Anyways, I personally don’t have enough information to make a judgment on the ethics of said casting, and I don’t want to make the thread go too far off topic, but my general point was I think there can be empathy towards those who are upset by the potential veracity of said accusations.

In regards to what Gina Carano reported, like trash panda said, maybe she was just referring to the scenes she was filmed in and not the entirety of the 2nd season?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
@Theozilla
I do get that, I promise. I'm just so over Trial by Twitter -- and speaking frankly, historically marginalized groups probably shouldn't be championing that sort of instantaneous public sentencing stuff anyway. But that's definitely getting us off-topic. I'll let it go at that.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Especially with Bo Katan introducing that impressive "very last of its kind, not-quite Carbonite freezing storage device" in this week's Clone Wars episode, I'm placing my bets that we're gonna see that poke its head up as well in Season 2.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Well, that's properly exciting. I do think it's interesting to see how the Clones must've been an uncomfortable thing for the Mandalorians in a lot of ways, and it'll be interesting to see if Boba has any sort of connection to all of that stuff in how the new Mandalorian Creed would view that whole situation.

X :neo:

Kratos

Pro Adventurer
I'm slowly discovering all my fandoms and stuff I love on this site (keep an eye out for me in any Shin Godzilla and Gundam threads that might exist).

I love The Mandalorian. It's the most Star Wars thing since Star Wars - it really is the first thing to really feel like the Star Wars I fell in love with since the Original Trilogy. That's not to say that I've hated everything since (though I don't care for the Prequel Trilogy and find the Sequel Trilogy all over the place), but this is the first thing that seems to have been able to isolate what exactly made the OT feel how it did without just doing obvious callbacks. I love its understated character work, I love how fun it is to watch, I love it all.

Anyways, I've been doing a re-watch, and I've decided that saving Chapter 4 until after 5 and 6 (so, 1-2-3-5-6-4-7-8) works really well, even though this order has Mando go back to Sorgan immediately after he leaves. A lot of the dialogue and Din's general attitude towards the Child feels...I guess like a culmination in Chapter 4, and this order is nice because it has him slowly move away from where he started until he's forced to go back to it:
  • he initially tries to continue his work under the radar
  • he tries to hit up his old crew when he can't do that
  • he then tries to find a safe place to lay low once he realizes there's no other option and his lifestyle is probably too dangerous for the kid.
  • then, when even going as far under the radar as possible fails to hide him from the Guild, it makes sense that he'd take Greef's offer at the start of 7.
Just a neat observation I thought I'd share.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
We've recently managed to share a Disney account and started watching this. It's a great series, definitely better than the sequels (sue me). It's a lot more low-key, and breaks a lot of recent series trends; the visuals look and feel different from most that's out there now, and the music breaks with 'tradition' as well - it's a Star Wars themed series, but they don't lean as heavily on repeating the same old (musical, visual) themes.

There's been a few episodes with a load of callouts / "only real star wars fans will get this reference", which is what I really hate about the SW universe / fandom, but hey.

I also like that it's an "adventure of the week" kinda series, that's something I haven't seen in years. Although we did start watching Farscape again, :monster:

Kratos

Pro Adventurer
There's been a few episodes with a load of callouts / "only real star wars fans will get this reference", which is what I really hate about the SW universe / fandom, but hey.

That's one of my least favourite things about Star Wars media too. Yeah, all the weakest episodes had that. The worst (the carbonite) was gotten out of the way quickly, but way too much of the Tatooine episode was that sort of lazy, Rogue One, "Things Your Remember" fanservice. Luckily, most callbacks are either been low-key and appropriate to the situation or used in a way we haven't seen / expanded on (the Jawas, Kuiil, etc).

Top Bottom